Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Quick update here. Thought y'all might find this interesting. The coons have been moving more and more in search of vittles. Been taking them out here at the house a bit at a time. I figure 6 more or so and I'll call a temp truce depending on what the game camera shows.

Had a hell of a time at the deer blind last weekend... had to take pics.. a mom and 4 half grown ones had a blast at my expense, but it was worth watching.

Anyway here is a couple of cheesy cell phone shots of one I had on game cam, just never knew what the true color would end up being, as you can see he is on my taxidermy table and about to be reduced to the wall this winter. Thought y'all might appreciate the color phase. Only 2nd one I've seen like that in my life.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

And of course for my reward for leaving Mom and family alone, about 15 minutes or so after they left last weekend....

[Linked Image]

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Very cool Sir and congrats on a fine deer.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Yes, very cool!

I guess the old saw about "Blondes have more fun" doesn't apply to coons? laugh

Re-setting traps tonight, will report tomorrow.

Maj. Malfunction

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Very nice coon. Congrats on the buck!

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My in-laws live on a lake in N.La., back in the woods. They feed the coons and they'll come up every day. Counted as many as 40 at a time, feeding on the bread. Anyway, there use to be coon that was almost white, called her 'White Mama". You could go out on the porch, when you saw her in the yard, start calling her, and she would take the bread out of you hand. She wasnt an albino, just an almost white coon.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
I just wanted to add the Texas Trappers and Fur Hunters Assn. rendevous is Oct. 14-15 in Junction Tx. Come and check it out. It's a blast and the best place to pick up supplies and fur.Always some 1st class demos. Most of the guys actually clean up purdy good.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cool blondie, Jeff. Mine is on the fur wall(left)

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Awesome display Huntsman!!!!!!! Gorgeous!!!!!!!

Hey Jeff,, how did you keep from breaking them antlers when they hit the pavement??????

;-)

Very nice buck, congrats!!!!!!!!

Bob

Last edited by kaywoodie; 10/09/11.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by crowrifle
I have faced hard times, but ain't never thought about eating coon. How long you gotta parboil them little devils?
I used to hunt with an old timer named Tom McCnulty when I was a kid. This was approximately 30 years ago. Tom was a helluva guy a real character. He was a barber and was about 75-80 when I was hunting with him.he was still cutting hair at this time. Anyway every year he had a coon feed at the American Legion in Delafield Wisconsin and he donated the money from it to the little league in Delafield. He said he got his coon recipe from an old indian or so I had heard . It was delicious. There are now houses and stores etc where we had hunted. It was a helluva experience for me and I truly appreciate the time he took.

Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
The old black folks I used to work with many years ago, BBQ-ed damn good coons!!!! I liked it a lot! I suppose they are all dead now.

Bob

Founder

WS

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Don

You've had a bit of a rough go in life. But I've always envied your lifestyle!

Bob
Its all in prep, you dart them a bit early, and then put pipe wrap on the antlers. But you have to wait till they rub off. Then I put out rubber mat on the road in prime locations...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Cool blondie, Jeff. Mine is on the fur wall(left)

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

great pics ,,Love the fur wall,,great contrast on the coons ,blond one is probily northern verson,camo grin

report to the troops and COs,a large study has been done and it is confirmed that family groops generally range within a 6-8 sq.block area,in populated centers,not overlaping territoriets,but may expand if neighbour bandits are anililled,opening up areas,that transilates to 6-8 coons for every 6-8 block area,
therefor i suggest that you increase ammo supply ,develop more interdiction methods ,and continue to report all activities so that records of infiltration and attacs can be corrilated,
keep a steady hand and a sharp eye.shoot sharp,

Lt Col ABs,,reporting

Last edited by norm99; 10/09/11.

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by rost495
Bob
Its all in prep, you dart them a bit early, and then put pipe wrap on the antlers. But you have to wait till they rub off. Then I put out rubber mat on the road in prime locations...

Awesome!!! Great idea!!! Thanks for the tip! grin

Bob

Founder

WS

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Report from the Florida swamps. No enemy spotted in weeks, will remain vigilant however.

Gen'l Neu Sance

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Carolyn and I just sat in the rain in the bow blind... perfect coon weather.

Pulled out about sunset as the deer had wondered off and didn't want to get pinned in later...

Saw narry a coon when the game cam has shown them from 3pm on till all night at times... Go figure. Last weekend I had them out everytime I was there.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
General Cornpone,

It is with great alarm that I must inform you that our adversary has begun daylight raids.

A few minutes ago my war dogs, Lady & Tessa, sounded the alarm.

Upon investigation I discovered a fully armed adult member of this clan skirting the curtilage of our domicile.

I gathered my assault rifle, Savage Mod 72 with CCI subsonic HP ammo, and set forth.

After a brief face-to-face encounter near the lower pond, I was able to make a clean head shot, thus ending this enemy combatant's career.

Please accest this photo in lieu of fingerprints or DNA. The subject was not available for interrogation after the encounter, nor was he available for further "Due Process".

[Linked Image]
Humbly Yours,

Maj. B.A. Malfunction

Last edited by APDDSN0864; 10/16/11. Reason: spelin

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Good job Maj, and excellent choice of weapons Sir.

Gen'l Neu Sance

[Linked Image]

Old cat turd!

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Thank you for the kind words, Gen'l Neu Sance!

Might I inquire about the aperture sights on your Mod 72? Did you retain the factory front sight?

Y'r Ob't Sv't

Maj. Malfunction

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
With all the rain we've had there are lots of worms and grubs. We have skunks all over the place.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Friend of mine used to throw a heavy tarp over the Havahart and run a hose from his car's exhaust under the tarp.

Didn't take long.

Very benign execution.

Critters just dozed-off.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10ring1, 60 invisible), 2,358 guests, and 1,278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,517
Posts18,472,450
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.