Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 101 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 100 101
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Flying might be cheaper.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

GB1

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
b) how hard it is to import rifles for such a hunt

If you have your heart set on bringing one, I have no idea. It would be extremely easy for one of us driving to throw in an extra rifle or two, though.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not hard to bring a rifle Just declare it at the border and fill out paper work....least thats how it works when I have drive firearms across into Canada for hunts

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Going into Canada from the US and back was (and I'm sure "is") painless. I would think that it would be just as simple for them coming south, but just don't know.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
grinGuns?? VE HAF GUNS!! YA VANTA borrow a rifle??? NO prob for you lad. Wanna use a High Wall 45/90??? grin

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good offers gentlemen, thankyou. Now get the time off work. I'll maybe use some of those airmiles for the flight and rent a car which will cut the time.

EvilTwin I was thinking 45/70 to bring so your offer is right in line, on seroids.

Randy

Praise the Lord for full Salvation
Christ Still lives upon the throne
And I know the blood still cleansess
Deeper than the sin has gone
Lester Roloff
P
P
Any room for a new guy from Alabama?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by phil0071
Any room for a new guy from Alabama?

I don't know what the max is. Steve did all the homework but happy to put you on one list or another as I'm sure there will be some shifting and such prior.

Let us know and it'll be a pleasure to meet you.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Committed:
1) dvdegeorge
2) NH K9
3) Steve NO(+ 1 as a possible)
4) ltpowell
5) isaac +1
6) EvilTwin
7) Kamerad Les
8) roof
9) gunner500
10) PAMac +1
11) Pugs
12) cal74 (+2)
13) 7x57Steve
14) jaybu in WI
15) pumpgun
16) tjm10025
17) Magnumdood
18) TexnCal
19) bgcatty
20) jmcubic
21) Hatari

26 right now

Possibles:

1) rockchucker
2) HugAJackass +1
3) CrimsonTide
4) saddlering
5) beal75
6) maddog
7) stxhunter
8) 284LUVR
9) Mako25
10) rifle
11) Ak Mtn Hntr
12) Kamo Gari
13) Cowboy Tim +1
14) medicman

16 right now

Just chatted with Steve and he's on his way back having gotten both an Antelope and a 4x4 Mulie but alas the plague has whacked most of the PD's in area so a short trip.

He can take over list mgt when he's back. He's thinking we'll likely have to get the second lodge which is nothing but good news.

Thinking I may AI my .257 Bob just for the event. smile

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Just a heads up. Wilderness has 3 separate lodges on the property. FYI.

maddog

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by maddog
Just a heads up. Wilderness has 3 separate lodges on the property. FYI.

Yep - at this rate we may fill them all. smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pugs
Thinking I may AI my .257 Bob just for the event. smile

I'm debating on my 99EG, or a new-to-me and as of yet unacquired vintage boomstick. Preferably obsolete, with a big hole in the muzzle. smile

But I'm fairly sure I won't buy a large knife and run after a boar blush

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Hey Guys!

Just got back from Wyoming and have not yet unpacked.

Very impressed with the number of guys from the Fire, and their friends and relatives, who are planning on making the Boar Hunt.

I'm going to call the owner at Wilderness tonight and find out what the maximum number they can handle is. Will report back as soon as I get it. It would be great if we could fill up all three lodges.

Saw this on a bumper sticker in Wyoming.

WARNING
Hunting and fishing stories
are being told here.

Protective footwear is suggested.

We may need to keep that in mind for the Boar Hunt.

Steve

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Only when Bob shows up, as a lawyer, we know he is full of crap. grin

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Hey Guys,

Just talked to the owner at the Wilderness. Here's the latest:

-They can handle 50 hunters and non-hunters in the three buildings they have.

-Deposits of $250 should be sent to the Wilderness by the first week of January, 2012. Please write 24HCF on the check so they know you are with us at the Campfire.

-The dates of the hunt are as follows:
We arrive the afternoon of Wednesday, 14 March,2012.
We hunt on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, 15,16 and 17 March.
We leave on Sunday morning, 18 March.

-I'm working with the owner to get some special deals for us. Will let you know if, and when that happens.

-I have a Ruger #1 in 38-55 and a Ruger #3 in 375 Winchester that are available for those who may have problems getting a rifle to the hunt. Our Canadian friends will have first crack at them because they may have the bigger problems. And it would be great to have some Canadians join us. The borrowers will have to pay for the ammo.

-I've been waiting for someone to notice that the last night we will be there is 17 March which just happens to be St.Patrick's Day. Oh Jeez!!

-The campfire pit which was at the planning stage when I was there is in the process of being built. I hope the hell they put a railing around it so that we don't lose Pat (or me).

The guys who have PM'd me to tell me they are committed have been added to the committed list. If there are any changes, please let me know.

Any questions, just ask. And check out the Wilderness web site to get a good idea of what we will have.

Steve

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
-Deposits of $250 should be sent to the Wilderness by the first week of January, 2012. Please write 24HCF on the check so they know you are with us at the Campfire.

Is it safe to assume we can start sending checks now? OT is good but will be drying up next month when my newb gets out of the Academy. Better to pay now.....

I'll have plenty of extra room in the Tundra (less if Leighton can go and wants to ride with Jim and I but I don't think he has what it takes wink ) and I would gladly throw in an extra rifle or two.

I want to bring my boy but have conflicting thoughts as to having a six year old out of school for three days. Have to think on that one.

George

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
He'll learn more of value with you on this trip than a year of school will ever teach him.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
NH K9,

And to all, send the $ as soon as you can and start building points.

Had the same issue as you regarding school or hunting with both my sons and my grandsons. Both my sons and my grandsons have said that going hunting with their father or grand father was far more memorable and educational than school.

We only have them for a very few years, and exposing them to us, and other good people, does not get forgotten. And the memories, and lessons learned on what it takes to be a responsible and loving man never gets forgotten.

I've had two of my grandsons taken out of school to go hunting. And both of their anti-hunting mothers were most appreciative and impressed in the difference it made on their sons.

Case closed.

Steve

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I agree with both of you. I guess I need to figure whether it'll be a "+1" and then send the check. Can't imagine a better group of reprobates to corrupt my kid.....and he's already met Jim grin .

George

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So has anyone else shot any of the other exotics there, and is it worth the extra $$$$ ?

I see they have Bison there but shooting a one in Tennessee doesn't exactly feel right. I'd like to eventually get one, but I think I'd rather do it somewhere in the west...

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Page 11 of 101 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 100 101

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

240 members (160user, 12344mag, 338rcm, 06hunter59, 270cowboy, 1lesfox, 27 invisible), 1,152 guests, and 914 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,847
Posts18,517,442
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.