-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Truly one of the more bizarre threads.... Some folks need to slow down, turn off the TV and THINK for a minute. What are the possible scenarios?

1. The Dems are afraid Herman will win the nomination and beat Obama. In that case, you release the accusations (true or fabricated, matters not) NOW as if he wins the nomination it's too late. Republicans and Obama haters will still vote for him. So, you release it now to get the Republicans to kill him now so he doesn't go up against bam bam. If the Dems think bam bam beats Cain they would NEVER start anything and quietly hope he wins the nomination. Perhaps even support him behind the scenes (in crossover primaries etc...)

2. A GOP rival or the dreaded 'establishment' don't like what Herman is offering and view him as a threat or view him as 'unelectable' (I love that term) in the general. In either scenario, you sabatoge him NOW. But you better be careful because if you attempt to float such allegations and they don't take root, you've now shot yourself in the foot with a 'tarnished' candidate leading the ticket. In that scenario you lose the battle AND risk losing the war. But if you REALLY view him as a threat to the status quo, perhaps it's a loss you are willing to take.

3. All the allegations are true and Herman is a hound dog who happens to go after women that don't have the spine or common sense to go public at the time of the harrasment, but instead wait 14+ years to simultaneously go public with the thoughtful and ever tactful guidance of Gloria for.... 'the good of the country'?

Pick your scenario.

Herman has hired attorney Lin Wood. To say he's decided to not roll over is an understatement.

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

GB1

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Anything is possible at this point, LSU - but my big disagreement with your Scenario #1 is that releasing this now wouldn't really help Democrats/Obama that much. To really destroy the GOP's chances, Democrats would wait until AFTER Cain wins the nomination, when Republicans would be stuck with their choice.

As for Lin Wood versus Gloria Aldred - it's just one attention whore against another. haha

"At the bottom of the pyramid, America is a ruthlessly punitive and accountability-obsessed society. At the top of the pyramid, it is endlessly forgiving. Before trust can be restored, accountability has to be established."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by oruacat2
Anything is possible at this point, LSU - but my big disagreement with your Scenario #1 is that releasing this now wouldn't really help Democrats/Obama that much. To really destroy the GOP's chances, Democrats would wait until AFTER Cain wins the nomination, when Republicans would be stuck with their choice.
We disagree. Republicans are going to vote for WHOMEVER wins the nomination regardless of any 'accustations'. If you are a Dem and worried a ticket headed by Cain is a threat to Obama, you need him gone now.

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Stranger things have happened in American politics, for sure.
I still think the Perry camp did it though, for reasons I've stated, and because most of the support Cain was gaining was coming from that lost by Perry.

"At the bottom of the pyramid, America is a ruthlessly punitive and accountability-obsessed society. At the top of the pyramid, it is endlessly forgiving. Before trust can be restored, accountability has to be established."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So far they only thing Cain is guilty of is an inability to keep his stories straight, which isn't a crime, but certainly is a handicap when you're running for the office of President.

Go over to move on dot organism and tell someone that cares.

NRA Lifetime Member
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I don't believe the dems are afraid of Cain. While damnbama's power base might be upset because they haven't seen their 40 acres and a mule their not going to vote for canceling social programs...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't believe the dems are afraid of Cain.

They're crapping their pants knowing its all over for their elected failure. They'll do or say anything to deny him comfort. They're heads are firmly implanted in his lap.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Between NAFTA and Monica I figured clitun was done too...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by eh76
Originally Posted by isaac
I don't think you're capabl eof being educated,son. If you're on mommy's computer,you best make sure your sippee cup lid is on tight.

Pretty much what I thought. 41000+ posts and not a single redeeming quality or independent thought in the whole lot.
I hope for Cain's sake he has higher quality defenders than you on board.

Were I petty and vindicative I'd point out that it's taken you two tries to spell "capable", and you still got it wrong, and then I'd ask you "so who is it that needs to be educated?" But I come in peace, so I'll withhold judgement, son.

you must be an OWS attendee .......by the way the word is vindictive....

Nice catch!
You see, isaac, I can be educated!

You wouldn't if I hadn't pointed it out libtard.........

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (1minute, 1_deuce, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 1234, 16penny, 67 invisible), 2,366 guests, and 1,262 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,538
Posts18,472,814
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.