Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I had a brand new single shot 12 gauge with an improved cylinder choke the patterned better than the Mini-14.

And everyone wonders why nobody actually got shot on the A-Team show. laugh

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
that would be a tie between the very early Vaquero with chamber throats varying but mostly about .007 bigger than the bore, which would not shoot better than about a foot at 25 yards, and that "group" was a foot and a half high and left. I warned the cowboy shooter who bought it but he didn't care....Vaqueros were apparently tight right then.

the other was a Colt 1911, nickeled up with some downmarket engraving and faux ivory grips with a Mexican eagle on them. bought if off a hippie biker hardass I worked with in Houston in 1973....who probably took it off a dead federale down in Mexico.

first magazine out at Carter's range, she went full auto on me. obviously some south of the border tuning had taken place. I was too snake bit to keep it after that.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Boito shotgun, biggest POS I ever saw!

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Winchester 1400. It never malfunctioned with a variety of factory and handloads, and I could hit with it, but it just looked so darn cheap inside and out! I was working with a serious skeet shooter back then (70s) who inspired me to trade it for a new 1100; he had an 1100 with which he had shot about 15,000 registered targets with no breakdowns. Best gun trade I ever made.

Increasing my post count so people will buy stuff from me
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
the 1400 and 1200 were really cheesy....and such a come down from the model 12. they both just reeked of cheap.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Scheels had an ad for single shot ten gauge shotguns. $79. Friend and I couldn't wait to get them. Those damn things would sure kill geese but I had a headache by the 3rd shot and the thing would open the breach by itself after every round. I found another goose hunter who had to have it...that was a happy day for both of us. Friend traded his in for a ten gauge double. The extra weight tamed the recoil but the triggers verily smashed his fingers. I don't miss the old "gas pipe" a bit.

"I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man." --Robert Duvall.
"Fill your hand, you son-of-a-bitch!" --John Wayne.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Savage Model 110 blued/synthetic 300 Win. Mag. Blind mag. Biggest POS that I have ever bought/owned.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
A Rossi clone of a model 62 Winchester .22.
The magazine tube was mounted so crooked that you could see it sticking out from under the barrel on one side, and any shotgun would shoot better groups.

Second would be an older Mini 14 - shotgun shoots tighter groups.

Third was a Sears branded Winchester 1200 - chambered for 3" shells but never would feed one without jamming.

Myron

How many peckers can a Pecker Checker check if a Pecker Checker could check peckers?
(stolen from shootinurse)
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I have literally owned hundreds of firearms in my life, and the one that stands out as the all time most frustrating gun was a Savage Model 170 pump in 30-30. One shot if lucky, seldom could you get a second one off without something going haywire. That is one I truly did not miss. Russ

NRA Benefactor Member
V
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
V
Winchester SS 338 WM, laminate stock, a thing of beauty, shot like crap and bolt froze after every shot. Polished and cleaned up the chamber - - bolt would open, but shot like crap, every shot was a flier.

One more, Winchester Trapper 357. Every other bullet would fall down below the chamber and rattle around in the bottom of the mag.....drove me nuts.

Last edited by vacrt2002; 11/21/11.

“There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don’t care who gets credit.” R. Reagan
IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
browning BLR, junk.

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by okok
Sig P238. frown

seriously??

Something clever here.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Taurus PT 45, wouldnt fire to save its own ass, back to importer twice, still wouldnt fire reliably. Finally fed it to the milling machine and welded up the locking lug so the firing pin would actually hit the primer. Now it only sets off soft Federal primers, about half the time. The finest example of a real POS... I could go on for pages about this terd. Russian Roulette with this one would keep the game fair.

Last edited by SOFMatchstaff; 11/21/11.

NRA Benefactor
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Worst disappointment was a Ruger #1 in 22-250 because it looks so nice, and shoots so sorrowfully. Worst gun that was still fun would be an AMT Stainless Hunter auto in 22 mag; Tupperware stock, trigger that feels like pulling a bent nail out of a 2x4, but it has a habit of doubling or tripling when you're shooting. Makes for easy 3 shot groups, and it's essentially a machine-gun for jack rabbits.

Failure's always an option
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Forgot about my brief experience with a Kel-Tec P3AT. Jamming little bastard. You'd be better off with a squirt-gun if you were getting mugged. At least you might make the mugger blink for a second so you could run away screaming.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Ruger M77 Tang safety .270 bought new in the mid eighties. It was accurate, but would sometimes misfire on the first cold shot (Especialy when the weather was colder) & then fire fine until the next outing. Missed two bucks in the cold due to this POS. First one I just assumed I didn't chamber a round & just jacked another one in. Second time got me to looking at WTF, another CLICK, cousin shot that nice ten pointer after I skeered it to him.

Had a couple of gunsmiths look at it after I cleaned the hell out of the bolt & both said the bolt needed cleaning. One was just after the other gunsmith had cleaned it & it still would misfire. Tried multiple brands of ammo. Ruger sent me a new heavier firing pin spring, changed out the trigger to a Timney, still no joy.

Finally sold it to a guy who wouldn't believe the problem when I told him all about it. Wish I had it back, as it would be a good project to fight with having a little more seat time with various rifles.

I still think it had to be excessive headspace, but one of the smiths said it checked out, as did the firing pin protrusion. Wish I had it back as I hate that it beat me down, back then!!

Just a long, boring, sad story about one that got away! mad

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Win 70 FWT 300 WSM. Thing would not chamber a round the last 1/8" without a ton of force. Went back to the factory 3 times, they never did get it right. Last time all they did was take a dremel tool to the feed ramp. Called when I saw it, they said it was fixed and they would not accept it anymore. It went down the road, fast. I havent considered a M-70 since.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Llama .380 micromax. Looked great. Jammed all the time, slide cracked. Junk.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by tzone
Mossberg Ulit-mag 12ga. Biggest POS I've ever shot, held, owned.

Yep, mine is somewhere close to Rockport TX in the bottom of a salt water marsh which is just as far as it could be thrown.

Bad news is the next DU banquet I attended, I won another one. It's still in the box 14 years latter, and I haven't found anyone I dislike enough to sell it too.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost....
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Sig P238.

I was going to ask the same question as okok. I have one and am very pleased with it. What's the problem?

Be not weary in well doing.
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

293 members (22magnut, 22kHornet, 160user, 1OntarioJim, 06hunter59, 257 roberts, 30 invisible), 1,344 guests, and 972 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,094
Posts18,522,176
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.