Hop To
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by denton
Sig P238.

I was going to ask the same question as okok. I have one and am very pleased with it. What's the problem?

Really want to know why on this one as well, I'm happy with mine but would like hearing if there is something I need to watch for.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Originally Posted by okok
Sig P238. frown

seriously??

Mine is not particularly good, though I would not yet call it the worst...

edit to add - since a couple of others have asked - mine was having trouble hanging up and not going fully into battery, especially after it got slightly dirty. The recoil spring does not seem to be strong enough. I just did some measurements & calculations today, and I'm not sure it's a fixable problem - i.e. enough room to get a stronger spring installed.

Yesterday I shot it and it was misfiring on the first round of the mag, but in fairness I was using cheap white box ammo, too.

Last edited by tex_n_cal; 11/21/11. Reason: noted

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Someone mentioned the Mossberg bolt 22 mag chuckster. I had one of those too, really heavy trigger pull!!! Seems to be a consensus here that Mossbergs, in general, are junk.

ken@the river
GO DUCKS!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The one I would defnitely call the worst would be an AMT Hardballer, in the mid '80's. It once jammed so badly I had to beat it apart with a soft hammer frown

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
The absolute worst was a little Taurus 94. After either 4 or 5 trips back to FL (IIRC), it was suggested (gently) that the accuracy issues might be "Operator Malfunction". The next return contained 2 targets - one from the little 22 with about a 6" group, witnessed, at 25 yards - and one with 6 .44 diameter holes from my Anaconda (full house loads), witnessed, same day, same range, 1 3/4" group. When returned, I could coax 4" groups from the Taurus, so it went to a gentleman who wanted it worse than I did - even with info!
Mark

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Jennings J-22

Piece if crap would jam practically all the time and was very innaccurate and to top it off....it blew up in my hand.

It stung my hand a bit as it split the grip area, the barrel flew behind me about 15' away and various pieces landed around my feet.

It now resides in the bottom of the Ohio river where it got thrown over off of I-65.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Allen917
Originally Posted by tzone
Mossberg Ulit-mag 12ga. Biggest POS I've ever shot, held, owned.

Yep, mine is somewhere close to Rockport TX in the bottom of a salt water marsh which is just as far as it could be thrown.

Bad news is the next DU banquet I attended, I won another one. It's still in the box 14 years latter, and I haven't found anyone I dislike enough to sell it too.

How much ya want for it?

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by FlyboyFlem
For me would have to be a Charter Arms Bulldog 44 Spl..Don't know if any of you guys have owned one but holy schit it was very inaccurate right out of the box and shaved lead!! Had it only a couple months back in '75 and hope it's residing in a landfill somewhere!

Interesting, I have one for years now, its accurate enough, around 3 inches at 25 yards and with silvertips have shot a few deer and a handful of pigs.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Originally Posted by okok
Sig P238. frown

seriously??

Mine is not particularly good, though I would not yet call it the worst...

edit to add - since a couple of others have asked - mine was having trouble hanging up and not going fully into battery, especially after it got slightly dirty. The recoil spring does not seem to be strong enough. I just did some measurements & calculations today, and I'm not sure it's a fixable problem - i.e. enough room to get a stronger spring installed.

Yesterday I shot it and it was misfiring on the first round of the mag, but in fairness I was using cheap white box ammo, too.

Never had any problem with my little 238. Hundreds of rounds, just keeps on shooting.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I never had one that really made me cuss. My brother had a Rem 11-87 Sporting Clays. That was a POS from the get go. Would not run for 100 rounds straight - just always failed in some manner. He took to cleaning it at the 1/2 way point.

Put 4000 rounds thru it in 6 weeks and traded it in in a new 425.

Worst 4000 rounds and biggest PITA to get to 4k ever.

Interesting I went to where he traded it in, gun counter guy says "thing's brand new, guy had it 6 weeks and decided he had to have an o/u - that's why it's only about 150 off new"

He was VERY shocked to hear that I knew exactly who owned it and that the round count was more than he's likely to shoot his whole life. Not too happy on what they gave him in trade either.....

Me

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Browning BAR in a 338 win mag. Never could find a load that it would shoot inside of 4 inches. Sent it back twice, after the last time the joints were actually loosening up as I shot it. Got rid of it and never looked back.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Boito side-by-side sold by K mart.
My 17th birthday, dad was hooking me up with my first shotgun.

I was squirrel hunting and shot the squirrel and the stock ended in two pieces in my hands...
Dad returned that broken gun and got me a great 'lil Mossberg 600 pump. Still have it 30 years later.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I could add one to my list. I have a Savage 210 slug gun that misfeeds frequently and has now cost me the biggest buck I ever saw in the woods. Would not shoot. Racked out the shell, which scared the deer away, and it did fire on the next deer. Haven't figured it out yet. I paid over $100 to a gunsmith to work on the feeding issue and it didnt do anything for that.

Salmonhead
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have had the displeasure of owning 4 Taurus revolvers. Only one worked worth a hoot. The other 3 literally fell apart after a few rounds.
Now i know why the company uses a bull as it's trademark. Because their products are really piles of bullshit in disguise.

Whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Mine would be a Sears and Roebuck 12 gauge single shot. At one point I shot at a squirrel and I was left holding the fore stock in one hand, butt stock in the other and the barrel laying behind me. One time I killed 3 turkeys with one shot with a polish shotgun shell (concord) that had to be pried out after every shot.

-Piss into the wind.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A .243 Winchester Model 88. For some strange reason, I got a bug up my arse to own one of these. You could jump up and down on the trigger with a jackhammer and possibly get it to fire once in while. It must have had at least a 15 lb. trigger pull. Accuracy was minute of side-of-the garage if you were lucky. When you've owned a few Savage 99's there really is no other lever gun worth shooting.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Weatherby vanguard. Had extraction problems.... Sent it back 2 times before they corrected it. It was a new rifle too....

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
My list of junk and lessons learned is longer than I would like to admit.To start off with not one but three Ruger Mini 14's. 2 Raunch rifles and a standard. They all functioned fine but would not shoot for sour sh%t. Ruger said they all met factory specs. Next was a Blackhawk 357, same story. A Colt Gold Cup series 70 was the next pos. Followed by an Iver Johnson TP22. And the story goes on and. Maybe my benchmark was too high. So it has been AR 15's, S&W revolvers, Home built bullseye, IPSC. and PPC and carry 45's, and no pocket 22 handguns. Won't even go there about a pre 64 Winchester 70 in 243 that sucked. And these were all new guns....Russ

Remington 770 in .270...it was a gift.

"The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition.�
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Tom264
Jennings J-22

Piece if crap would jam practically all the time and was very innaccurate and to top it off....it blew up in my hand.

It stung my hand a bit as it split the grip area, the barrel flew behind me about 15' away and various pieces landed around my feet.

It now resides in the bottom of the Ohio river where it got thrown over off of I-65.

Mine was full auto, without mods. I did kill a Possum with it, 5 rounds at 10ft. with one pull of the trigger. ADam

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

100 members (3dtestify, 7887mm08, 358wsm, 280Ackleyrized, 338Rules, 35, 9 invisible), 1,006 guests, and 891 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,129
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.