Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Hubert
Switch sides of the bed with your wife. you are turning away from her in your sleep and are spending too much time sleeping on one side. grin

That isn't the issue in this case.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!

F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
Mickey,

It ain't for everyone, but I've gotten far more relief for sciatic pain from my acupuncture guy, than from my chiroquacktor.

Then again, you may not be exactly swimming in acupuncturists in Rachel's Glen...

Just a thought... I'll send prayers, too!

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
It is for me. the pain starts in my spine beside my hip and numbs my left hip and leg it feels like a charlie horse and my toes curl up. sleeping on my R side reduces it by 90%.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I have the same shooting pain - I have also found the best pain killer for my own brand of spinal pain.

Unfortunately, the natural meds that I now use - are illegal where you live.

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by T LEE
Don't carry a wallet or stuff in your back pocket Mickey, seriously.

I've carried a wallet all my life and it's mostly empty now. Just a few cards in it. I carry my cash in my front pocket. smile

It's almost completely gone today. It's the first time I've ever had it this bad and have never had it up until a couple of months ago when I'd notice it when I got out of my swivel chair. We used to have an inverter table but it's been long gone.
Thanks for all your good words, guys. smile

IC B2

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That's the nice part about the healing process. It almost happens at once and just seems to pop right back into place. And what a relief that is for sure....

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had a bad case of it about 2 years ago. Couldn't even sit down or drive a car.

Went to the doctor for pain pills and muscle relaxor, neither did much good.

What helped (after about 3 weeks of living with this) was as soon as I got up in the morning, I laid on my back and had my wife stretch my legs as far back as I could stand, and then have her stretch them so more to where she was putting all her weight into it.

Hurt like heck but afterwards I was a new man. Did that for about 2 weeks and all was good. Only after effects I have is occasionally I'll get a crazy twitch in my leg and my legs cramp up easily.

Last edited by KFWA; 11/23/11.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L5 anterior rupture from my navy days. The term "Pain in the ass" is literal for 3-4 days a week. Isn't fun when I'm in the shower get bit in the butt and my whole right leg goes numb. Have had to send SOS to wife to bale me out more that a fer times. I'm doing everything that I can to ward off surgery. Just stopped FENTANYL Patches on Friday couldn't take the glue. Started long acting and quick acting Morphine also on Friday. Pain is mostly gone haven't had a PIA since then but the right leg has gone away twice. Just marking time by treating symptoms and not correcting the cause. For right now I'm OK with that but the day will come when I 'll have to talk to the sawbones.
Pete

Handgun Hunter no more. STILL LOVE THOSE .41's
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mickey - that stuff hurts - sometimes really bad. I AM NOT a doctor or an expert. In many cases such pain is related to being in one or more positions for prolonged periods - somewhat more complicated than that, but will have to do for now.

If it's still there - or happens again - try this if it does not hurt real bad to do so.

Get on the floor on your back, try to keep the leg straight and raise it as high as you can - and a bit higher - and higher until the stretch is exhausted. Do this several times - both legs.

Then, do the same lifts with the knee half bent. Then with knee fully bent.

Roll over onto your tummy and do reverse leg lifts the same ways, stretching foot up as far as you can without injury or sharp pain.

Turn on side - lift upper leg away from bottom leg as high as possible a few times. Roll to the other side and do the same.

This routine, repeated two or three times a day for a few days will chase the pain for me. I hope it does for you.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Happy Thanksgiving Mickey. And I can honestly say I feel your pain. What a bummer.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

MC-

You probably should see your family doc who should get a MRI of your lumbar spine. You probably have a LS disc protrusion/herniation though there are other conditions which is why you need the MRI. Assuming its a disc, A lot of things can help including physical therapy, spinal manipulation (chiro's), medicines like gabapentin, NSAIDS, etc. And what I do--spinal injections including steroid epidurals, nerve root injections, facet joint injections, etc.

Disks can heal but never very fast if they do.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MColeman
that sciatic nerve pain ain't nothing to sneeze at. I'd started having a small, sharp stabbing pain in my upper right quadrant of the left cheek of my butt (y'all with me so far?) but it was not all that bad. It would manifest itself mainly after I sat at the computer for a time then got up from the swivel chair.

Yesterday, however, the situation deteriorated! I spent the day building another dog house with a lot of bending, kneeling and squatting. Late yesterday afternoon I was in the shop talking to Chris as he was finishing a job when it felt like Blue Duck jobbed a lance in my butt! I almost went to the floor. Again, last night when I was taking my shower I tried to bend over and wash my feet and I thought I was going to take an Obama right there in the shower! I can't remember a pain that sharp in my entire life. I don't think I've ever had a toothache that hurt like that.

I'm better today, thank the Lord, but I'm going to see the quackopractor on Monday to see if he can do something. I pray you guys never have that problem.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all.
Mick

Ask your chiro about strengthening exercises.Specifically lunges.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Mine starts about belt high and radiates down through the buttocks and sometimes makes my right testicle hurt like hell.Comes sporadically but very often when I sit on a hard hard chair or surface for an extended period of time.Mickey is right in that there is no pain quite as sudden or breathtaking. powdr

Last edited by powdr; 11/23/11.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by T LEE
Don't carry a wallet or stuff in your back pocket Mickey, seriously.

That is very true.

μολὼν λαβέ
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Mink
Took an Obama in the shower....that's some funny chit right there whistle

Hope you start to feel better.

Just remember to wipe your Biden.

Happy Trails!
NRA Life Member
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I felt cripple from a similar problem 20 years ago. Some times I could lay on my back, shoulders flat, cross one leg over the other, twist like hell and pop it out. Came down a hill in n.m. backwards once since the hill was to my right rather than my left. I was going to get sx. but heard a back surgeon from the back institute in San Antonio. He said don't get sx if at all possible. That was one of the first clinics that had real success in reparing bad backs. I said he was crazy and didn't know what pain was, but started doing back exercises. After a month I was fine. I would lay on my back and flatten the lumbar to the floor or stand in a door frame a reach across and push against the other side and flatten the lumbar against the frame behind me. I would lay on my back and curl up in a ball on the floor and rock to and frow popping my spine and building strength of the muscles inside the lumbar area- think tenderloin rather than Backstrap muscles. Good luck. Oh yea, add tennis.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (2500HD, 1minute, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 204guy, 74 invisible), 2,351 guests, and 1,339 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,685
Posts18,493,969
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.