Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
smile

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Really a cool thread
Some I said HuH? Sig Kimber 629

Some well of course 597 770

I guess even the good stuff has a blip
Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Rexio Pucara, Argentine made cast potmetal K-22 wannabe. I think it was about $70 out the door a dozen years back. Thought it might make a good kit gun, but after 200 rounds it was loose, at 400 it was done. Misfired reliably. Consigned to the dumpster after a visit to the chopsaw.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
S&W 629 purchased brand new in 1982...it could not shoot a cylinder full of Remington 240 grain ammo without the side plates loosening. Sent it back to S&W and they applied loctite to the screws which started loosening up again in short order. They made a change a bit later to correct this. Biggest Piece of [bleep] I have ever owned and will never own a S&W because of that.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Originally Posted by Torque
Ruger #1 in 7x57. It would never group ANYTHING under 4". Sought help from Ruger and spoke to an engineer, who told me that anything under 4" was in their QC range for that rifle and that they would not replace it. He informed me that I could pay to send the rifle to them to look at, but there was probably nothing wrong with it, and I would just be adding shipping charges to and back from them. Moral of the story: I will never buy from Ruger again.

Same experience I had with Ruger and my number 1. Love their bolt guns though...

Funny, I have been able to get every #1 I have ever held shoot but never had a Ruger bolt gun shoot worth a darn.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by teal
Originally Posted by ironbender
133 replies and only one M770 listed. smile

It said owned - I'd not admit to owning one either.....

wink

I wouldn't admit to it

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Originally Posted by Torque
Ruger #1 in 7x57. It would never group ANYTHING under 4". Sought help from Ruger and spoke to an engineer, who told me that anything under 4" was in their QC range for that rifle and that they would not replace it. He informed me that I could pay to send the rifle to them to look at, but there was probably nothing wrong with it, and I would just be adding shipping charges to and back from them. Moral of the story: I will never buy from Ruger again.

Same experience I had with Ruger and my number 1. Love their bolt guns though...

Funny, I have been able to get every #1 I have ever held shoot but never had a Ruger bolt gun shoot worth a darn.

Yep. I have shot 7-8 #1B's, and have never seen one I'd call inaccurate. The .375 H&H #1H was the worst, mainly because of the stiff recoil. Rumor has it the ones with bands on the barrels are the most tempramental. Black pad models with ruger-made barrels, though, are usually very good.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Huntsman
Yep my duck huntin buddy went thru the same thing with his 835.
He finally traded it in for a pump.
????????? a 835 is a pump confused

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Stevens crackshot, piece of crap.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Got mixed up I guess.I meant 935. LOL
The semi auto version of the Mossberg.
The dealer swapped him a 835 to make good.

IC B3

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Rem classic 700 in 375 H&H, could not make it shoot sub 5" w/ many different loads and every trick in the book i know.

Couldn't knowingly sell a POS like that to someone, so junked the brl, sold the stock and built a fine 7STW.

Gunner

Trump Won!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal

Yep. I have shot 7-8 #1B's, and have never seen one I'd call inaccurate. The .375 H&H #1H was the worst, mainly because of the stiff recoil. Rumor has it the ones with bands on the barrels are the most tempramental. Black pad models with ruger-made barrels, though, are usually very good.

Bedding forearm will fix about 95% if the issues in most #1s.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Remington 770, I claim ignorance on my part for buying it. I was a newbie to the rifle game and it was on sale. That was 5 years and many guns ago. My knowledge of what a piece of crap looks like is a whole lot better. I can also afford to spend a little more money now. Not saying you have to spend tons of money to get a quality firearm, but just because it's on sale doesn't mean it's a good deal either. Looking back at it I should have saved my money for something better. 770=Pure crap. I am ashamed to own it. I am also ashamed that I bought it at Wal Mart.

�When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.�

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jrose49111
Remington 770, I claim ignorance on my part for buying it. I was a newbie to the rifle game and it was on sale. That was 5 years and many guns ago. My knowledge of what a piece of crap looks like is a whole lot better. I can also afford to spend a little more money now. Not saying you have to spend tons of money to get a quality firearm, but just because it's on sale doesn't mean it's a good deal either. Looking back at it I should have saved my money for something better. 770=Pure crap. I am ashamed to own it. I am also ashamed that I bought it at Wal Mart.

The only thing someone should be ashamed of is the company that made it.

I am in the camp that if you sells something it should do a servicable job no matter the cost or how cheap. Sure you can buy fancier/smoother/lighter etc...but a rifle sold as new even a cheap one should still function as a rifle.

Otto is my co-pilot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H&R 9 shot 22lr revolver, a later model.

Generally 3 of the rounds in the cylinder would not fire. Still have it somewhere. I found a good old fashioned (young) gunsmith through someone on 24hr Campfire, may take it in and have it fixed.

I'm sure the work will be more than I originally paid new, but I hate to a) own a piece of crap, b) sell a piece of crap to some one else, and c)throw away something that can be repaired and used.

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by dwood
Originally Posted by John_G
Browning BLR in 308. Horrible trigger, equally horrible accuracy, faulty firing pin spring that would occasionally cause a hangfire. Got the spring replaced but the other issues were as is, and I gave up on the POS. Life's too short to try to mess around with something like that.

The BLR is pretty typical of what I see coming from Browning. All dressed up and pretty, but beneath the surface ...

Just curious... was this gun post '81? Because mine made in the 70's works fine.

d,
It was a BLR 81.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I have a friend who owns a Ruger #1 with the most attractive
wood I have ever seen on a factory Ruger, it shoots terrible,
but he refuses to do anything with it, plus he owns tons of
other rifles.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M96 Swedish carbine (~16" barrel ) in 6.5x55, grandpa won it in a card game and gave it to me to hunt deer with when I was 12. I had to put a match book under the rear sight to hold it in place :-D, it would shoot MOD(minute of deer) to about 50 yards.

Still have it in my gun safe for some reason. I take it out and shoot every couple years to justify the space it takes up and to jog my memory of how bad it really is.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If that Swede is an unaltered M94 carbine, it's worth a small fortune.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Auto-Ordinance 1911A1. Wouldn't extract, wouldn't eject, and the front sight fell off. It was even worse than the AMT Back-up Special I had... if that's even imaginable.

Murphy was an optimist.
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

184 members (06hunter59, 1OntarioJim, 320090T, 257 roberts, 6mmCreedmoor, 3dtestify, 17 invisible), 1,134 guests, and 977 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,093
Posts18,522,153
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.