Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Kimber Montana in 300WSM.... had to send it back because it would not even chamber a factor round of ammo... then still could not get it to group at 100 yards.... sent it down the road... only bolt gun I have ever had that I could not get to shoot good enough that I felt comfortable enought to kill a deer with.

The worst thing ever to happen to cops is the personal video recorder... Now people can see the truth
GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Tikka T3 in 338 fed. Tried 4 different bullets and several powders.......just didn't shoot. Took a loss and traded it.

DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
32" Long Tom, single shot shotgun! Ouch.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Tom264
Jennings J-22

Piece if crap would jam practically all the time and was very innaccurate and to top it off....it blew up in my hand.

It stung my hand a bit as it split the grip area, the barrel flew behind me about 15' away and various pieces landed around my feet.

It now resides in the bottom of the Ohio river where it got thrown over off of I-65.

J-22 gets my vote, too. Given to me by a relative. I held onto it for years waiting for one of those "gun buyback" programs to come to town so I could get a $50 gift card to a Safeway grocery store or something. Never happened.

I eventually sold the magazines on Gunbroker, disassembled the pistol, and threw away the pieces into separate garbage cans.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
A guy came to the range once to sight in his brand new browning octagon single shot ?rolling block 7 mag. It would only fire about half the new box of cartridges.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A caulk gun and nail gun! They always seem to take away from my extra curricular activities...

If 'ya can't put hot sauce on it, it ain't worth eat'n....

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Winner, winner, chicken dinner

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A great looking pre-64 Winchester 100 in 308. It was a very complicated single shot. crazy

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by fluffy
Worst i ever had was a raptor arms stainless 270.this is the gun the mossberg 4x4 is now.mossberg bought the tooling and started building them.biggest single problem was the scope rings were out of alignment by. 050! Ruined more than one scope before i found that one. Also would shot pretty good most of the time,then suddenly would throw shots a foot high or right or left,then go back to good groups.sold it at a huge loss.when asked why i told him it was a pos.

That is my "worst gun purchase" also. I bought and returned it before the waiting period had ended. It was dirt cheap and so was everything about it.

[Linked Image from ]
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
A Blemington Super Express 870 (3.5in). The only shells I could shoot in it were Remington, all others would be come stuck in the chamber after firing.

IC B3

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
A Spanish 10 ga Magnum side by side ( unknown mnfg )
Took it out to the cabin with a group.My boss discovered it would go off when snapped closed rapidly

He took out a box of clay pigeons at three feet while my buddy was bent over 'em

He stood up covered on mud and his wife screamed, thinkin he was hit.

Just mud back splash, thank God
We got it to repeat several times.

I shot both tubes at once into a junked truck tail gate.
( Sent it spinning off like a playing card in the wind )
But after the auto discharges, took it back the same shop , the same day and traded it off.

No more unknown big bores for me!

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
All of them, guns can only lead to crime, murder and mayhem. I think I am going to saw them all up this afternoon.

NRA Life Member
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S&W pump shotgun, don't even know the model number. We took it to the range the weekend after I bought it and after the 4th shot, I went to chamber a round and the slide bar broke.
I returned it to the gunshop that day asking about fixing it and when they learned that they had sold to a minor (they never asked how old I was, and I didn't know a 16 year old couldn't buy) they were more than happy to refund my money and asked me not to come back till I was 18.

"243/85TSX It's as if the HAMMER OF THOR were wielded by CHUCK NORRIS himself, and a roundhouse kick thrown in for good measure."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Smith @ Wesson 4006 , thing weighed a ton and jammed every few rounds.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by bea175
Ruger P-89 when the first hit the market

Had one of these too. Literally could not hit a barn door, well at least a 9" paper plate at like 6 feet. I was new to handguns at the time and really couldn't fathom that one could be so bad. Had a Jennings 25ACP since that proved otherwise.

Although almost 770 embarrassed to say, many years ago, I purchased the all time biggest POS ever, a 'sporterguised' Enfield 303. Thing had a home built 3/8" thick aluminum plate side mount scope mount, chopped barrel, rubber buttpad with metal poking through the heel, a wood 'grip' added, a leather padded comb and two worn out magazines that would not hold shells in consistently.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Sometimes, buying the best is the cheapest.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
D
D
Interesting how no one has mentioned a pre-64 Model 70... :P

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

When I was in HS I obtained a knock-off .22 revolver, a Ruger Single Six lookalike but not a "Shootalike"! I didn't understand at the time why or exactly what was happening but the cylinder would not line up with the barrel and did so differently each time. Bullet bits would shave off, splatter out the barrel cylinder/barrel gap and the misshapened bullet would spit out way off one direction or another. A gunsmith told me it was not worth fixing but he tried. Had a .22 magnum cylinder too but I didn't dare to use it. The trigger ending up breaking along with the hammer.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Charter Arms Bulldog.

First barrel looked it was threaded and had chunks gouged out of it.

Sent back with the tag still hanging from the trigger guard.

I asked for a barrel replacement from a time when the quality control folks were sober.

Came back with a new barrel and does what I ask of it as a carry piece, never did a lot of accuracy testing as it is only meant to be used for social occasions other than "Fam Fire" function check once in a while.

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A Remington lever action .22 I bought used. I can't find info on it on the internet but it was probably a model 76. It had a wood stock and a detachable magazine. I've never seen one before nor since.

It would fire about half the time when the action closed, incredibly unsafe and it was ugly. The gun dealer would not refund and i was leary of "fixing" it, so he gave me the purchase price toward a Ruger 10/22.

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (280Ackleyrized, 338Rules, 35, 6mmbrfan, 11 invisible), 1,004 guests, and 867 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,123
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.