-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rem Nylon 66 .22LR. The barrel was held in the stock by a shim. It wasn't attached to the receiver at all. The chamber just slipped inside a hole in the receiver. The shims couldn't hold the barrel tight and it was impossible to zero as the barrel moved.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
New Haven produced M70 "Classic" and I was dumb enough to do it twice.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Remington Model 7 in .260 - Actually I still own it to remind me not to buy another one. Worst lockup I've ever seen; locks up 15% on one lug and 0.000% on the other, if you can call that locking up. It's good for about 2 MOA. My wife's Ruger .260 is a gem compared to this colossal POS.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Forgot about my Mossberg model 500 in 20 gauge. Piece of schit jams everytime you try and jack in a round, and I could never hit dick with it.

LOL! Had the same jam-o-matic 500 20ga, no matter how firmly it was racked. I could hit birds with it, however.

It rattled like a tin peddler, slug barrel irons sights cheaper than chit and lousy slug accuracy - but that's more a consquence of price point.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by dwood
Interesting how no one has mentioned a pre-64 Model 70... :P

Read a few pages back. There is one mentioned.

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Two come to mind, a Stoeger Lugar in 22LR, nice looking but did not function well. The other was a Ruger P85 in 9mm most inaccurate pistol I have ever owned. It soon went down the road, don't care for firearms that are less accurate than I can be.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by elkchsr
Winchester Model 70 Super Shadow in 223 WSSM. Pure junk.

+1, Had one and actually after about 300 rounds I found a load that it liked. What a PITA though. Thick necks made it a bitch to load for and the bolt felt like it was going to fall out of the action. I was happy some sucker besides me thought it was attractive.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a Ruger Model 77 that has always pulled to the right in the stock. When I tried to relieve the pressure on the barrel, it just keeps on moving to the right. I have fought this thing for years trying to get it to shoot right. I finnaly figured out that the hole in the bottom of the action for the forward stock screw is drilled off center. It is a piece of junk.

Harry
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I would mention my cheap Ruger .22 semi rifle and the way it keeps getting lighter and lighter- shaving metal from the action- but it was really cheap

It is a bit disconcerting to hear the stories of these lemons and that many were offed at gun shows

"Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win."

Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out-Art Linkletter
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
My worst in accuracy was my kids H&R .243 superlight. Nicest little gun on the market, till ya shoot it. Junk from the word go. 6" groups at 50 yds. Also had a Rem. 700 youth in .243. It did 3" @ 100 yds. It rusted like crazy. Couldn't even use it in the rain. Never saw a gun do that. Traded it for a Tikka T3 for my son. Gets 3" @ 200 yds. Nice gun.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
IC B3

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Hand down, a Kimber 84 Montana in 270 WSM. It never shot a sub 2" group before or after I sent it back to the factory. Was an absolute POS.

NRA Patron
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mathsr
I have a Ruger Model 77 that has always pulled to the right in the stock. When I tried to relieve the pressure on the barrel, it just keeps on moving to the right. I have fought this thing for years trying to get it to shoot right...

Interesting. I had an 03-A3 in 30-06 that did similar. It had a Fajen (blemished factory second) stock that I inletted, and for the 20 years or so that I owned it, it would move the POI 1-2 inches up and right per year. I guessed that it was slow stock warpage still drying or something like that. It shot my deer load of 165 Sierras into a half inch at 100 yards. I loved that rifle but had to sight it in each year just before the season started.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I recently bought a Kahr CW45 off Gunbroker, after reading all the bad stuff about them. The seller said he only fired it the recommended 200 rounds before deciding to sell it. The guy was a real geek about answering e-mails and I believed him.

When I picked it up at my FFL he said he thought something was wrong with the trigger. The gun looked brand new and was well lubricated. In my first 25 rounds I had the magazine drop down while it had rounds remaining, the slide stop walked out, it failed to eject one round, sometimes it would not fire no matter how hard I pulled the trigger, and sometimes it appeared to take an inordinate amount of pressure to get it to fire. I wrote the seller and he had a hard time believing it, and said he would have sent it back to the factory himself if he had encountered the problems I experienced. (The warranty is not transferable, BTW.)

I went to Kahr forum and found tons of tech information on fixing all the "usual problems," including problems with the slide stop spring, magazine catch, and the magazine catch spring. (The slide stop spring design on the polymer guns appears to be a major flaw, IMHO.) A friend who is a Kahr owner and a Glock armorer took it for a few days and proclaimed it accurate, but, otherwise, a POS in evey other regard. He thought the trigger bar was goofed. I ordered some parts and put it back together the other day but the trigger was binding. I am going to give the gun and spare parts away to a worthy tinkerer and sell off the holster and magazines I ordered at the same time I "won" the auction. If we had gun buybacks in this state, I maybe would do that. I would not trust that gun with my life.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Iver's Johnson TP22

Jammin junk!!

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Ruger 44 Magnum carbine. MTG

Vena dura, ocyus occide, excusas non offer!
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by MTGunner
Ruger 44 Magnum carbine. MTG

Ahhhh! yes. I wondered how long it would take for someone to mention one of THOSE.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
SKS - it would shoot "minuite-of-barn-side" on a good day!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oh I would have to say a Winchester 1400 20 ga. shotgun, I could not shoot and hit anything with it to save my soul, then an 870 pump in 28 ga came my way and I had no problem killing all the pheasants and ducks I shot at go figure. For rifles, it was a Model 70 Winchester Laminate stocked 300 WSM. Had a crooked chamber dumped a load of money into it and its a safe queen. Those two were the worst.

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by doubletap
Sometimes, buying the best is the cheapest.

You would think. This statement seems to make sense.

My story happenned to my twin brother, not my revolver.

I had my FFL in the early nineties. My brother saved up enough dough to buy a Taurus revolver. Handed said funds to me. Me being the gracious brother that I am, I added a couple of hundred dollars to his stash and got him a Smith and Wesson Model 642. (The seemingly best)

That revolver sprayed lead on the back of your hand, and eventually put a crack in the frame. Smith and Wesson replaced it, but said the crack was a "scratch".

Smith and Wesson took care of the issue, which does show if you deal with a reputable company, they will make it right.

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer but how he hunted it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My only widly inaccurate revolver ever purchased was a Ruger Redhawk .44 mag with a 5 1/2" bbl.

I could not hit the broadside of a barn.

Even when shooting from the inside.

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer but how he hunted it.
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

271 members (1OntarioJim, 22kHornet, 257robertsimp, 06hunter59, 320090T, 257 roberts, 27 invisible), 1,327 guests, and 947 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,094
Posts18,522,176
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.