Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I've gotten away from really heavy belts, I don't need them with the Crossbreed. I use an all velcro 1.5in Safariland. I typically wear 5.11's and the elastic waist has plenty of expansion for a Glock. A 1911 is thinner. Small Regular BDU's still fit but they are really too tight for me with the Crossbreed. The design of the 5.11 pants is dialed in, IMO.

My point is the carry gun, holster, clothing is a system. You've gotta get it all worked out for YOU, based on your needs, body type/shape, and situation.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Likely needs a little break in time. Most of my iwb's run best at about the 4 o'clock position

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Originally Posted by KevinGibson

The IWB isn�t as comfortable as OWB, but it�s typically more secure, and concealment is worlds better.

I would have agreed with that prior to the Crossbreed.

I find the Mitch Rosen IWB holster for my 1911 is as comfortable as any holster that I have ever used inside or out

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Redneck
How does one get comfy with these? I have a M. Rosen ARG fit for my Kimber 3" and am trying to get used to it.. Is this only a good fit for skinny types? laugh I know I gotta get another 2" waistband jeans to use with this thing... Or do ya hafta use it enough that yer waist develops an 'imprint' on it's own.. smile

Curious here..
Never had one of those. I find the Milt Sparks very comfortable, even with an all steel Government Model for all day carry. The chopped 1911s tend actually not to be as comfortable in IWB holsters as do the full sized 1911s.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I'm not real picky to be honest. I wear a simple Infidel from CompTac at the 4 o'clock and have always been comfy.

Travis

IC B2

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I carry a Browning HP IWB. Against the advise of good folks here ( I was in a rush) I did not buy a Milt Sparks. I found a Leather holster by a NC manufacturer ( I think ) named Gould.

I carry daily this way and as Scott F says I forget it is there most of the time, including driving about 700 miles a week.

It took about a month to get used to it.

Wearing the right belt and pants was an important tip too. Thick Belt about 1 3/4 to 2".

As far as pants go I have found that as long as they fit right you dont really need more than about 1/2" extra for the holster.

Steve ~ Asheville, NC
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
The problem with holsters is that they're much like shoes, what fits one individual may not fit another. When someone says that there is one solution to the worlds greatest fitting holster, it often simply means that they have little experience with holsters from various makers. People will often relay how great their latest purchase is without qualifying what their experience is with other makers products, if they have any. A lot of folks simply do not see the point to spending 100 - 200 dollars on a holster, let alone spending that on several holsters for the same gun. Couple that with the reluctance to purchase a good quality gunbelt, often simply due to cost, and the whole picture can change. One must take holster reviews with a grain of salt and take the time to find what works specifically for them. This can involve both time and sometimes additional money as each makers products will have their own nuances. The "this is absolutely, unquestionably the best" type reviews from folks who have little time carrying a firearm or little experience with the products on the market are often the type of review that leads others down the wrong path for their individual characteristics and preferences.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Hound_va
The "this is absolutely, unquestionably the best" type reviews from folks who have little time carrying a firearm or little experience with the products on the market are often the type of review that leads others down the wrong path for their individual characteristics and preferences.

I would have agreed with that a couple of years ago. Try a Crossbreed, you'll see.

R
Redneck Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by MallardAddict
Likely needs a little break in time. Most of my iwb's run best at about the 4 o'clock position
IOW, about 8:00 for me (I'm LH) laugh

The problem with holsters is that they're much like shoes, what fits one individual may not fit another. ..
Truer words never spoken - and I've understood that from the get-go.

A good break-in period is obviously necessary.. I've just gotta break in the belt and holster and carry this thing for as much as possible.. It'll either get better or I'll have to ditch it until scabs heal.. laugh laugh

During that time I'll just use a 'clipper' and carry the P-9 or P-380..

I really appreciate all the feedback.. Don't be hesitant to offer more..

Best wishes.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
The "this is absolutely, unquestionably the best" type reviews from folks who have little time carrying a firearm or little experience with the products on the market are often the type of review that leads others down the wrong path for their individual characteristics and preferences.

I would have agreed with that a couple of years ago. Try a Crossbreed, you'll see.
Crossbreed looks good, but likely because they're unauthorized copies of Milt Sparks holsters.

PS I've been carrying concealed since 1980, having purchased trunk loads full of gun leather between then and discovering Milt Sparks.

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Crossbreed looks good, but likely because they're unauthorized copies of Milt Sparks holsters.

PS I've been carrying concealed since 1980, having purchased trunk loads full of gun leather between then and discovering Milt Sparks.

Is Milt Sparks your second personality or something? You tout his holsters like a Christian talks about Christ.

Travis

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by deflave

Is Milt Sparks your second personality or something? You tout his holsters like a Christian talks about Christ.

Travis
I hate to see people struggle through all the rest until they finally discover the best. Seriously.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Hawkeye most everybodys holster is a copy of somebody else's holster. I mean get real, besides kydex and the Serpa there haven't been any revolutionary changes in holsters.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
...Crossbreed looks good, but likely because they're unauthorized copies of Milt Sparks holsters.

Huh???? You lost me on that one TRH. I love Sparks (currently have 12 holsters and or belts of Milt/Tony's---but there's nothing in their product line that even remotely resembles a crossbreed---not only different design and material, but different technology.

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
The Tom Threepersons, the Roy Baker pancake, the Askins Avenger, and the Bruce Nelson summer special have been copied in one form or another by just about every holster maker including Milt Sparks.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis
I hate to see people struggle through all the rest until the finally discover the best. Seriously.

Do you have any idea how ignorant that sounds? I know Milt makes good stuff. I just bought one for my brother actually.

Nobody else is making "unauthorized" copies of holsters. Where do you get that idea? Hound va nailed it with his shoe analogy. I love IWB, and I know which holsters I prefer, but I also know they don't work for everybody.

Travis

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Which one? The super or mini?

Travis

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
The super is the only one I have experience with. I plan to try a mini with a Khar.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I run the Supertuck with my XD 45 Compact. My buddy just bought a mini for his Ruger LC-9, but I haven't checked it out yet. I've have always said, if you could find a holster thin enough, it would feel like you just had the gun tucked in your waistband. The Crossbreed is as close as you'll get to that.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Crossbreed Super Tuck nothing beats it for comfort.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (1badf350, 10ring1, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 63 invisible), 14,596 guests, and 1,002 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,176
Posts18,543,091
Members74,058
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.