Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Ever since I saw the pic of that cigarette smoking bastid I've wanted to shoot one too... grin

The view one sees is his own
Practitioner of the ancient art of skank fu
GB1

ingwe Online Content OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Yep...and he was wearing a Fla gators cap.... grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
That alone was grounds for shootin.....

The view one sees is his own
Practitioner of the ancient art of skank fu
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Unicorns.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Zebra, its a funky looking horse for crying out loud! Acutally I have about zero desire to hunt most of the african game, although a cape buff and warthog would be nice.

I have no problem whatsoever with others doing it, for some reason it just doesn't interest me.

IC B2

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I would have to say Zebra as well. Never could see killing a horse or horse like animal although I have been on a few horses I felt like shooting.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by laker
I have no desire to shoot sage hens. Had plenty of chances but they just are not a challenge. Could be shot out of the air with a .22 cause they are so big and fly so slow. Just not many around either just pockets of them here and there.

Same here. They are so neat to see!

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Monkey or eagles and like birds. Everything else better watch its 6.

Whatever a 7x57 can do a 270 can do better.

True fair chase is you in the woods buttnaked with nothing but your finger nails and teeth.

If you'e fixin' to put a hole in something, make it a hole to remember.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gotta agree with the Birds of Prey....

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
I have no desire to shoot sage hens. Had plenty of chances but they just are not a challenge. Could be shot out of the air with a .22 cause they are so big and fly so slow. Just not many around either just pockets of them here and there.

and they taste like schitt

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Can't really say there is anything I absolutely wouldn't shoot.......but some have less interest than others.

The price of the hunts alone would make several animals low on my list of priorities. I'd love to take both Elephant and Rhino.....but not at the price they want for a hunt. Cow Elephant hold no interest for me and the bulls are too expensive. Mountain sheep are also in the catigory of too expensive for me to high on my list of "wants" If I could take money out of the process.....all of these animals would rank very high on my wish list.

There are some animals I would take just because I want the hide and/or trophies, but the idea of the "hunt" involves holds little appeal. American Buffalo fit this catigory. The "hunt" is pretty average, but I'd take more of them a minute for the hide, meat and head. Walrus is another. Love to have a skull mount, but the hunt sounds pretty lame. In Africa the giraffe and to a lessor extent the Zebra are animals I'd take (once) for the hides, but the "hunt doesn't excite me. Musk ox are also in the catigory of nice to have a trophy, but the hunt sounds like less fun than shooting penned cattle.

Bears and mountain lions are ones I'd like to take once for the trophies, but after that I'd have as much fun just running the dogs, treeing the beast, take a few photos and let them live to run another day (grew up hound hunting for coons, coyotes and cats.....so it seems like a hoot to do it with bigger game). baiting would be a one time event to obtain the trophy also. Now spot-and-stalk hunting for these could become a regular thing. Aligator hunts I've done, but likely won't again. Just no challenge even though you get a nice trophy.

Some animals I'd shoot if the opportunity was there, but probably not actively "seek" out. Oddly, I think I'd love sheep hunting but the idea of a mountain goat has no appeal. I just don't see the appeal in those dinky horns. The Blue Bucks (Nilgi) are another that I know from personal experience give a great hunt, are just too ugly and small horned to appeal to me much. Same is true of Eland in Africa.

I don't hunt/shoot the fox, bobcat or otters anymore. Not because I am opposed to it, but since the hide prices fell in the 80's.....it just doesn't seem worth the effort for something I've done before.....and I do like to watch them.

Then there are the one's that are VERY high on my list of wants (again....if money was no object). These are the animals that are disappearing primarily due to habitat loss or political problems and may not be available at ANY cost some day. Elephant (the truely big tuskers) and Rhino fit this list. I'd also like to take a Tiger and Polar Bear. Some might pass these by because of their magesty and low numbers, but I say....I want mine before they are all gone.

Can't bring back the trophies????? Hell, I'd just fly into Mexico and carry them across the river.....as easy as it is to smuggle drugs across, I can't believe a few hides, heads and tusks would be so hard. With any luck some nice Government (ATF) guys might even give me a new rifle to play with!

I hate change, it's never for the better.... Grumpy Old Men
The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by eh76
Originally Posted by prairie_goat

and they taste like schitt
You're cooking them wrong! wink Sage grouse are one of my favorite two birds to hunt. Love dropping a big ol' boomer. Hope to get to do it again someday.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by TexasRick
I'd also like to take a Tiger and Polar Bear. Some might pass these by because of their magesty and low numbers, but I say....I want mine before they are all gone.

Can't bring back the trophies????? Hell, I'd just fly into Mexico and carry them across the river.....as easy as it is to smuggle drugs across, I can't believe a few hides, heads and tusks would be so hard. With any luck some nice Government (ATF) guys might even give me a new rifle to play with!

Wow.

Wanting to kill a tiger so you can "have yours before they're all gone" runs completely counter to sportsmen helping to preserve wildlife.

"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that lightening ain't distributed right." - Mark Twain
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I don't kill snakes...

And I don't go looking around to pick them up either much...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dcmtex
I would have to say Zebra as well. Never could see killing a horse or horse like animal although I have been on a few horses I felt like shooting.

Zebra is a wild animal like any other. What clouds peoples ideas on them is the strange fixation Americans have on horses.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
No Zebra , no Giraffe

Everything I say to you is a lie , and that is the truth.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
There are a few on my list of game animals that I have no desire to kill. Any young of the year deer. Just won't shoot a fawn. Moose, too big and too much trouble to deal with all that meat, transporting and processing, and what to do with the antlers. Elk, same deal as moose. Maybe a cow or spike bull elk would be OK. No desire to hunt any species outside North America.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well this is an interesting thing to consider, what would I not shoot under any circumstances? Well I would have to think long and hard about it Elephant , White and Black Rhino, Bengal and Siberian Tiger. Would I hunt these if I had the chance and the money to do so? Yes I would. Do I have the desire to, at this point in my life, no I do not. nor do I have the desire to hunt any kind of bear either, I don't care if my neighbor dose good for him or her. I would shoot ever wolf I ever would see and a matter of fact. There are no wolves in CT yet, thou we have a Moose and Black Bear population, Small but growing. We have Deer and Turkeys up the ying yang. I think even if I could, I would not hunt the great apes. Its an interesting question, I am anwering off the cuff, this one requires a lot of thought and soul searching.

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Scott F

While I enjoy stories of African hunting I have no desire to shoot any of their big game.

x2.

Can't fathom Africa, seems more like just wandering around shooting schitt than hunting to me. I got that out of my system by about age 10. Different strokes, and nothing against it.

Can't think of much in the US or Canuckia that I wouldn't take in the way of game animals. Won't hunt carp deer but will kill them with a bow and find a way to use the meat, given the opportunity.

"Your range of experience runs that gamut from A to B, plus you're a nitwit. That's a hard combination to overcome, though some people try." - JB
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Domestic or feral cats.

I have killed some before but it was necessary (hit but cars), I did not like it one bit.

Originally Posted by fatjack34
....forgot 1....MAN

I will give it a try.. there has to be a pedophile around here somewhere.

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 21, 17CalFan, 1234, 219 Wasp, 59 invisible), 2,000 guests, and 1,115 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,466
Posts18,508,318
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.