Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I'd shoot the hell out of a zebra just for looking like a horse.

Elephant.. No, what the hell are ya gonna do with a dead elephant? Jebus!

Closer to home, I have no interest in shooting ducks and gease, although I have before.

They taste like chit, the feathers aint good for nuthin and they don't piss me off.

Something clever here.

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Camels, Mustangs and wild cattle just don't sound all that interesting, and birds of prey are safe. Other then the mentioned list If I can legally hunt it, I'm game.

Shipster

><}}> "A Government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have" Thomas Jefferson <{{><
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
It would really be easier for me to list the animals I would like to hunt. I like or would like to hunt:

Deer all types
Pronghorn
Caribou ( Like to see the country)
Elk ????
African plains game
Hogs

That's it and the first 2-3 are the main ones I am interested in. I do love small game hunting though lead by doves then rabbits and quail. Squirrel hunting is fun too. I also use to be a big groundhog hunter but they aren't as plentiful as they use to be.

Last edited by bangeye; 12/24/11.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Basically everything in Africa except for Cape Buff and Leopard.

Unfortunately I don't even have enough of a desire to really make that happen either.

Here at home? Bobcat up here. I'd go to TX and get one, beautiful but I'd not shoot one up here. Too few and far between.

Me

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Mulie does.

Primates of any variety. I can't even stand to look at them, long enough to take aim.

I've wondered about elephant, no for sure on giraffes. I'll never see Africa anyway so it really doesn't matter.

IC B2

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
For me I'll limit my choice to animals I could legally shoot in N. America. I'll never shoot a swan, musk ox, grizzly, coot, merganser, or sea ducks. All the rest I'm glad to add to the plate or I'd gladly hunt if circumstances allowed. Some things like possum or skunk I wouldn't go looking for, but might consider shooting in the right circumstance.

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
On two bowhunts in Africa I've passed up zebra, blue wildebeest, a huge water buck, red hartebeest, giraffe, eland. No interest in killing them. On the other hand I really wanted a black wildebeest, steenbok, duiker and a gemsbok. No logic, just what excited me and what did not. I really like kudu, impala, warthogs, etc and shot them the first opportunity I had.

In British Columbia stalking black bears with my bow is about as much fun as anything! My fall "blueberry" eating bear was superb eating this year. Grizzlies and stone sheep excite me too. Moose are another good bowhunt and good to eat.

I wouldn't hunt another AZ javelina as they aren't very good eating.....nor are sage grouse and geese, at least the way we cooked them.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't believe I'll ever shoot a javelina. Don't think I'll shoot any more Jacks.

Try not to shoot anything I'm not going to eat, outside of predators. Still get a bear and a lion tag every year, but I don't work very hard to get one. Bobcat, Fox, or Coyote WILL draw fire.

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
There's lots of things I have zero interest in shooting.

Same here.

First thing that popped in to my head was bears. I've just never had the desire to kill one. They don't make good mounts, and a skull with no antlers holds zero interest for me.

I'm sure if I put more thought in to it, there's a bunch of things that I have no desire to ever kill, and would just let walk if I was ever presented a shot anyway.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
The only thing I don't hunt, locally, is Javalina.
I don't care for the meat so I don't bother with 'em.

Biker

IC B3

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Nothing in Africa. My Great Grandfather did shoot an elephant once, but that was in Indiana... blush (And yes, he DID use a 7x57!)

I'm done with waterfowl - yuck. Upland birds are tasty, though.

I was hard-up to shoot a black bear, but when I finally did so this Fall, it felt like shooting my Labrador. So, I'm done with those, too.

I used to want a grizz, but that was only to prove that my Whelen was grizz-worthy. I won't chase one, but I'd send lead (or copper... grin) his way if one was coming for me.

No more rabbits or squirrels, as I can't abide the taste, & they don't pizz me off. Groundhogs, gophers, chucks of rock or wood, coyotes, wolves, are all fair game.

I'm sure my list will "evolve" like a politician's policy positions. This is what it looks like today.

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I won't shoot a dove because my Grandma told me they are a sacred bird. I can't shoot a fox because I have a Welsh Corgi and they look almost identical.

If we lose freedom here there is nowhere to escape to. This is the last stand on earth. Ronald Reagan

Originally Posted by Steelhead

who gives a [bleep] about the stuff that goes wrong

Tough to be pissed when God gives you dogs

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

I have no forbidden fruit if the species are huntable in the country i hunt.

I have forbidden way of hunting: baited, lighted with spotlight at night, from any vehicule or push by vehicule.
But i had no desire to hunt giraffe or rhino...

Dom

Experience is a lantern, carried in our back, only lightening already walked path. (Confucius)
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I'll hunt and shoot about any game but I never will hunt with an azzhole for anything. I have no interest in Sandhill cranes or snipe, rails ,etc.. Never get to Africa so I don't worry about that.Enjoy the hunts you can, don't sweat the ones that won't happen anyway. Wish there was a raptor season, cause there is just to many of them anymore. They need balancing like everything else. Magnum Man

D
DZG Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Okay, I took the time to read 18 pages of forbidden fruit, and love to hunt like no tomorrow, but my father's sayin' which always worked for me is "I don't wish to kill anything I don't intend to eat"....well maybe I will have to learn to like wolf and possum laugh

Hunting is about everything you do before you pull the trigger.
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (16penny, 16gage, 160user, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 62 invisible), 2,789 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,623
Posts18,492,798
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.