Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by par208s
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Can anybody PM me with the ignore info I need to use this function please. Can't find it. Thank you for the heads up.

Click on the posters handle example 22WRF it will give you choices click on profile and there are choices again click on ignore and you are done!
Pete

Thank you for that! Good Sunday all.

LOL
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 22WRF
Not saying he did or did not do anything incorrectly, but I surely wouldn't want many of you guys on a jury in a jury trial.

I would agree that it is fraudulent to claim that something isn't what it is. However, I would also state that gun condition is a very subjective thing. Objective standards are far too often analyzed by subjective means! What may be 95 % to one person may be 85 % to another person.

In this type of case if I were the seller I would have just told him that if he were not happy with the item to please return it to me, and I would have refunded his money, less postage.

Moreover, there is nothing wrong with trying to get the best deal you can get when you buy something used. To try and get a good deal is not "crap". EVERYBODY on here does it. Everybody seems to resent it when a person is trying to get a good deal from them, but resents the seller as being a dickhead when they won't make a good deal.

Its the human condition. It has been going on for time eternal, and it will continue to go on as long as humans roam the earth. Get used to it.
Complete terms of the sale should've been hammered out and agreed upon by both parties prior to the sale. The basic terms of this one were met: the seller offered to sell the buyer a Ruger No. 1 at a set price. This was done and the sale completed. Now the buyer wants to go back and adjust terms of the sale. You need to think of the bigger picture.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
you can also click on user list on the top of the page then search the name and then click ignore. This would be if you can't find a post from the person in question. That is what I did for privatepilot.
gary

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bricktop

From what I have read, it appears seller agreed to sell said rifle of a certain condition. I agree that whether its a Ruger, and whether its a No. 1, and whether its a .243, are all objective and quite easily agreed upon. All I was trying to point out is that it is possible that there was a misundertanding about the subjective condition of the rifle. I don't see it as the buyer wanting to go back and adjust the terms. Rather, I see it as the buyer complaining about whether the original terms were met.

1. Nobody here knows exactly what happened except the buyer and the seller.
2. What a buyer or a seller did on any previous transaction does not mean they did it on this transaction.
3. We have not heard the other side of the story.
4. I AM NOT SAYING THE POSTER IS LYING. I am saying that based on my experiences in working with people there is a huge disparity in what people say and what they mean, and what they want and what they expect.
5. Therefore, my main point was that it might be a little early for many on here to jump on either the buyer or the seller until the entire thing plays out and everybody is heard from.
6. Nevertheless, there will always be those who will rely on ad hominum argument because they have nothing else to say but they want to be heard.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 8nbait
you can also click on user list on the top of the page then search the name and then click ignore. This would be if you can't find a post from the person in question. That is what I did for privatepilot.
gary

Yes, I went that route first, but just had a brain fart and couldn't get it done. Oh well, aging I guess. smile

LOL
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
gary

Yes, I went that route first, but just had a brain fart and couldn't get it done. Oh well, aging I guess. smile

What I find quite interesting is that down through the years there have been many people who have advised me that they were going to "put me on ignore", and yet the next time I said something they didn't like they commented on my post.

That tells me that a lot of guys like to talk about their big dick but don't have one.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
gary

What I find quite interesting is that down through the years there have been many people who have advised me that they were going to "put me on ignore", and yet the next time I said something they didn't like they commented on my post.

That tells me that a lot of guys like to talk about their big dick but don't have one.

Ok. Question. If I ignore someone, will I still see their posts? It says I won't, but I have observed the same thing as above. What gives? I assumed "ignore" meant that a user could no longer PM me but I would still see his posts. Just trying to get clear.
Never mind, I see how it works now.

Last edited by Fireball2; 01/22/12.

LOL
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bricktop

From what I have read, it appears seller agreed to sell said rifle of a certain condition. I agree that whether its a Ruger, and whether its a No. 1, and whether its a .243, are all objective and quite easily agreed upon. All I was trying to point out is that it is possible that there was a misundertanding about the subjective condition of the rifle. I don't see it as the buyer wanting to go back and adjust the terms. Rather, I see it as the buyer complaining about whether the original terms were met.

2. What a buyer or a seller did on any previous transaction does not mean they did it on this transaction.
4. I AM NOT SAYING THE POSTER IS LYING. I am saying that based on my experiences in working with people there is a huge disparity in what people say and what they mean, and what they want and what they expect.
5. Therefore, my main point was that it might be a little early for many on here to jump on either the buyer or the seller until the entire thing plays out and everybody is heard from.
6. Nevertheless, there will always be those who will rely on ad hominum argument because they have nothing else to say but they want to be heard.
I'm sorry, but are you having difficulty understanding what you've "read?" I don't see anywhere -- ANYWHERE AT ALL -- that there were terms for an inspection period. I do not see that there were terms for a return or redress of any discrepancies if the buyer didn't agree with the condition. Savvy?

The basic terms of the sale were met. The buyer now wants to add additional terms. GAME OVER.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bricktop

The guys here that say they have been burned by this guy are legion. I mean c'mon.
At what point do you say hmmmmm?
I've dealt with smalljawbasser and he is a top shelf dude...if he says the guy burned him, I'll take it as gospel and avoid this seller like the plague.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Ok. Question. If I ignore someone, will I still see their posts? It says I won't, but I have observed the same thing as above. What gives? I assumed "ignore" meant that a user could no longer PM me but I would still see his posts. Just trying to get clear.

When somebody posts that you have on "ignore", you have the option of clicking on a link that will toggle their post on and off. So it will advise you that you have them on ignore and will give you the option of clicking to see what they posted.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bricktop

Buyer saw pics. Buyer bought gun. Buyer in this case didn't ask for more pics or more detail. Not hard to understand that buyer is trying to rip seller off. Especially not difficult when he's got a history of ripping people off. Kinda' like an underwriter analyzing a loan to somebody that has declared bankruptcy in the past. History has a way of repeating itself.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Bricktop

From what I have read

with all due respect, apparently you didn't read the whole thread. this is not the first time this happened, there are at least 2 more of us who fell for the same ploy, and likely even got sent the same pic.

i tried to get him to send the rifle back to me for a full refund, but he didn't want to. said he was a collector, (this was a minty tang safety .220 swift), blah blah blah. i tried for 2 weeks to find him a new stock, but couldn't, and finally refunded him about $150 IIRC.

i did sleep like a baby though, as i'd rather the guy scam me out of $150 than have to worry about me being in the wrong. heck, i had a guy here do almost the same thing after a FACE TO FACE deal! i guess i'm an easy mark.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was only speaking about the poster's predicament.

As I stated, what the parties did with other people in other transactions is not proof of what happened in this transaction.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"I'm sorry, but are you having difficulty understanding what you've "read?" I don't see anywhere -- ANYWHERE AT ALL -- that there were terms for an inspection period. I do not see that there were terms for a return or redress of any discrepancies if the buyer didn't agree with the condition. Savvy?"

Bricktop:

Have you seen the printed contract between the parties? Was there a written contract between the parties? If not, how do we know the terms. Is not a contract a manifestation of "mutual" assent. Here we have only heard from one party to the transaction.

Again, as I stated, only the two people in the transaction know exactly what the terms of the transaction were. And as I stated, we have not heard from the other party as to his interpretation of the terms. Therefore, as I said, it seems premature to make any sort of subjective determination of what happened. SAVVY?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
22WRF, You just can't help yourself can you. Guys he will keep on and on and on and on and on!!!!!!!!!!

GA precision all day long
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Onpoint

I am happy to respectfully discuss anything with anyone for as long as they wish to discuss it. Or, in other words, yes, I go on and on and on and on and on, but only if someone else goes on and on and on and on and on.

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Onpoint

I am happy to respectfully discuss anything with anyone for as long as they wish to discuss it. Or, in other words, yes, I go on and on and on and on and on, but only if someone else goes on and on and on and on and on.

We got it the first time.Yes there are two sides to a story. But having a track record, that is what is showing.

Last edited by cheechako; 01/22/12.

A bore is a man that opens his mouth and puts his feats in it. -Henry Ford.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"i'd rather the guy scam me out of $150 than have to worry about me being in the wrong."

smalljawbasser

I respect you for that.

Y
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Y
Talk about a threadjack. Geez

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well as for the user in question "private pilot". I thought I recognized his user name. Turns out i sold him a 1/2 ounce Gold Eagle a few months ago. No complaints on my end about him in this transaction. No problems at all. Can't speak to any other experiences with him other than my own. YMMV

Last edited by Mink; 01/22/12.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

161 members (300_savage, 338reddog, 308xray, 673, 16penny, 27 invisible), 2,020 guests, and 1,006 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,268
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.