Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I was not satisfied with the rifle because it was not as described. Like I said, if someone tells me a rifle is 90-95% condition, I expect that. I understand that there is a little difference in people's opinions, but it shouldn't be that much. I ask to send the rifle back!!!

GB1

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
No, I guess I didn't get clear terms on inspection period, but I certainly will from here on. I assumed and I shouldn't have

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by privatepilot
I was not satisfied with the rifle because it was not as described. Like I said, if someone tells me a rifle is 90-95% condition, I expect that. I understand that there is a little difference in people's opinions, but it shouldn't be that much. I ask to send the rifle back!!!

You lying a$$hole. I beg interested parties to request a forward of the original transaction emails. If the rifle was stated to be 90-95% and you're unsatisfied then why are you attempting to jack the price up $225 and sell it as 90-92% original? Are you denying our emails as well? I'll post Don's (Pete's) picture that was sent to you this afternoon when I get home for all to see there was no surprises for you.

"Blessed are those who give without remembering and receive without forgetting"
-Elizabeth Bibesco-
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I am not denying anything, what are you talking about? Do you not get that I have 2 of these rifles? Can you not read that?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Funny that the chit you sell is as is, but you expect everyone else yo bend over backwards for you. Go [bleep] yourself!

IC B2

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I can post actual pics of Don's rifle with dings in the wood and scuffs on the metal that he never sent to me. I have no problem with that. His rifle is not as he described it.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Waputi, I don't expect anyone to bend over backwards for me at all. Like you and everyone else, I want to get what was described to me and what I paid for.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Seems you have a short memory. Remember that defective range finder you sold me and the hassle you gave me about returning it and the money it cost me? You're a lying sack o'chit in my book!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bad track history dude. I doubt you will have very many folks on this site doing business with you. Seems like this happens alot from all the posts above. Would you like to explain them also. Here's your chance.

GA precision all day long
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I am not denying anything, what are you talking about? Do you not get that I have 2 of these rifles? Can you not read that?

I can not only read that and from the other persons responses on here speaking of their dealings with you, I fully expected that you would have switched the stocks when you sent Don's (Pete's) rifle back. You only changed you mind when you thought that you could sell me the rifle for a $225 profit. Please go ahead and post pictures of "the other rifle". Especially the stock.

Jeff

-Elizabeth Bibesco-
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
part of the problem here, especially with guys like Bricktop and other of his cohorts, is, as I previously stated, the use of fallacies of irrelevant evidence and material fallacies of reasoning.

The most common being Argumentum ad Hominem, which of course is an appeal to ridicule. It is very easily seen in any discussion, and especially on internet boards.

The fallacy is that of shifting a discussion about an issue from the point being discussed to the personality of the opponent of the discussion. Instead of dealing with an opponent's thesis on the merits (in this case my thesis on the merits was to wait for both sides to speak and to hear all of the evidence before making on decision on this particular case) the fallacious arguments start attacking my reputation and moral character, refer to my low intelligence, possible inferior social position, lack of education, and other similar personal shortcomings. All of these things of course have nothing whatsoever to do with the original thesis on the merits.

Another popular one here on 24 Hour, and one that is going on here in this discussion is Argumentum ad Populum, which is appeal to the masses. If one goes back and reads many of the long arguments on this board, one can see that this method of argument is very popular here becasue guys seem to post in bunches or packs or whatever you would like to call them.

And arguments which depart from the question under discussion by making an appeal to the feelings and prejudices of the miltitudes are known as populum fallacies. These arguments often take the affirmative form of appeal to others to respect the persons superiority to argue for the rest of the group.

All of this is fine. It doesn't bother me because I know what it is, and know that it comes from people who can't make a reasonable argument without involving personality. In many cases, such as with Bricktop, it proves that they know how to swear but sometimes not much else.

Once again, from the very begining, I did not take any sides in this case. Rather, I suggested that before making a determination on this particular set of facts, it would be wise to hear from both parties. That was it. And I continued in the discussion becasue I am aware of how important that is. Nobody here would like to be judged on a specific issue based on whether they were less than sufficient on a separate issue, for if that were the case, then NONE OF US would ever be judged as sufficient again.

I don't know what the answer to the original question in this case is. I see now that both sides are having their say so, and that is good. But one thing I do know for sure is that my character and my education and all of those other things have nothing to do with the original question. Hopefully, the balance of this discussion will center on the true evidence of the matter, and that everyone will make up their mind based stricly upon that instead of personalities or appeals for attack on personalities.

P.S. Am I incorrect in that it is assumed that all transactions on this board have a 3 day inspection period?

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Waputi, it wasn't defective at all. You stated it smelled like smoke, which I don't smoke never have. Look at the 4th or 5th feedback down on my ebay, it worked fine for that gentleman.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Switched the stocks, lmao unbelievable.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 22WRF
part of the problem here, especially with guys like Bricktop and other of his cohorts, is, as I previously stated, the use of fallacies of irrelevant evidence and material fallacies of reasoning.

The most common being Argumentum ad Hominem, which of course is an appeal to ridicule. It is very easily seen in any discussion, and especially on internet boards.

The fallacy is that of shifting a discussion about an issue from the point being discussed to the personality of the opponent of the discussion. Instead of dealing with an opponent's thesis on the merits (in this case my thesis on the merits was to wait for both sides to speak and to hear all of the evidence before making on decision on this particular case) the fallacious arguments start attacking my reputation and moral character, refer to my low intelligence, possible inferior social position, lack of education, and other similar personal shortcomings. All of these things of course have nothing whatsoever to do with the original thesis on the merits.

Another popular one here on 24 Hour, and one that is going on here in this discussion is Argumentum ad Populum, which is appeal to the masses. If one goes back and reads many of the long arguments on this board, one can see that this method of argument is very popular here becasue guys seem to post in bunches or packs or whatever you would like to call them.

And arguments which depart from the question under discussion by making an appeal to the feelings and prejudices of the miltitudes are known as populum fallacies. These arguments often take the affirmative form of appeal to others to respect the persons superiority to argue for the rest of the group.

All of this is fine. It doesn't bother me because I know what it is, and know that it comes from people who can't make a reasonable argument without involving personality. In many cases, such as with Bricktop, it proves that they know how to swear or otherwise.

Once again, from the very begining, I did not take any sides in this case. Rather, I suggested that before making a determination on this particular set of facts, it would be wise to hear from both parties. That was it. And I continued in the discussion becasue I am aware of how important that is. Nobody here would like to be judged on a specific issue based on whether they were less than sufficient on a separate issue, for if that were the case, then NONE OF US would ever be judged as sufficient again.

I don't know what the answer to the original question in this case is. I see now that both sides are having their say so, and that is good. But one thing I do know for sure is that my character and my education and all of those other things have nothing to do with the original question. Hopefully, the balance of this discussion will center on the true evidence of the matter, and that everyone will make up their mind based stricly upon that instead of personalities or appeals for attack on personalities.
Here goes f*ck face, the dickhead who can't control himself. If anyone replies, an involuntary response is emitted from him.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bricktop

Thanks for continuing to show that you know how to use foul language. I am sure there are many here who appreciate it.

And thank you for immediately proving that you are using Argumentem Ad Hominem.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Funny that the chit you sell is as is, but you expect everyone else yo bend over backwards for you. Go [bleep] yourself!

I second this!

Privatepilot douchebag, GO [bleep] YOURSELF!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No, I guess I didn't get clear terms on inspection period, but I certainly will from here on. I assumed and I shouldn't have
Then what the f*ck are you talking about with this "take him to court" bullshit? He satisfied the basic terms of the transaction, did he not? Did you think you were going to hire expert witnesses and have an O.J. style trial for a sub-$1K gun transaction?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 22WRF
Bricktop

Thanks for continuing to show that you know how to use foul language. I am sure there are many here who appreciate it.

And thank you for immediately proving that you are using Argumentem Ad Hominem.
Here he goes, I'm pulling the string again. He's gonna reply; he can't help it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Switched the stocks, lmao unbelievable.

No the pictures I posted are of Don's stock that you sent. I don not deny that. He also sent you a picture of that same smudge/scratch with your and his original agreement. I said that you more than likely WAS going to swap the stocks. Go ahead and post picture of you other rifle's stock. Let us see. We can draw our own conclusion to the matter. By the way you are still not asnswering my questions.

Jeff

-Elizabeth Bibesco-
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Waputi, it wasn't defective at all. You stated it smelled like smoke, which I don't smoke never have. Look at the 4th or 5th feedback down on my ebay, it worked fine for that gentleman.

That POS wouldn't range houses beyond a few hundred yards, and smelled like an ashtray is what I told you and all you wanted to do was argue about it. Like I said, the chit you sell is sold as is, but you expect everyone else to bend over backwards for you. Also wanted to add, EBay feedback doesn't mean chit anymore because they've done away with the ability to leave negative feedback, so their ratings aren't accurate.

Not my first rodeo, but definitely my last dealing with you.

Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

80 members (7mm_Loco, 808outdoors, AKislander, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 44automag, 14 invisible), 1,414 guests, and 874 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,494
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.