Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by privatepilot
I ASK TO SEND THE RIFLE BACK, NOTHING MORE!!!! I AM DONE WITH THIS!

Gentlemen you have your answer. He can't produce the pictures. I can come up with a serial number for a Ruger #1 laminated stock in 7mm STW that I don't own too if you like.

BTW..... WE are not done with you. I don't want another individual to ever be scammed by you again. Stay tuned for Don's word-for-word (censored) email conversation with the scammer better know as Donnie Isaacs.

Jeff

"Blessed are those who give without remembering and receive without forgetting"
-Elizabeth Bibesco-
GB1

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I have both rifles just as stated and have learned my lesson with the inspection period.

Attached Images
ruger 7mm stw (6).jpg (72.01 KB, 403 downloads)
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by privatepilot
I have both rifles just as stated and have learned my lesson with the inspection period.

Good deal. Now post close pics of your rifles stock. especially any damaged areas/scuffs/scratches.

Jeff

-Elizabeth Bibesco-
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Word-for-word (Censored) conversation between Don and Donnie

Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 3:48 PM, Don Higgins, "Here is a couple I can take more later.
Shoots really good n surprisingly nuff very lil kick to b what she is "
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

On Dec 28, 2011 4:30 PM, Donnie Isaacs, "How bad are the dings in it? Make it $625 and you have a deal"

On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 4:35 PM, Don Higgins, "Dings aren't very noticeable at all.
But ill have to stand on 650.00 "

On Dec 28, 2011 4:37 PM, Donnie Isaacs, "Do you have any brass you would throw in?"

On Dec 28, 2011 4:41 PM, Don Higgins, "No sir Im not reloading at this point need to tho"

On Dec 28, 2011 4:42 PM, Donnie Isaacs, "Any ammo?"

On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 4:44 PM, Don Higgins, "Have a box of nosler custom but have a new rifle coming in this caliber next week "

On Dec 28, 2011 4:54 PM, Donnie Isaacs, "Dam* lol. What kind of rifle did you get it in? I will take it for $650 if you will send me a couple pics of the dings"

On Dec 28, 2011 4:59 PM, Don Higgins, "Model 700 black on black
K gimmie a couple of hours to get home. Standing watching a clear cut at the moment lol
My addy
Don Higgins
Prefer a usps money order
Rifle is yours"

On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 5:20 PM, Don Higgins, "Fax a copy of ffl castles outdoors at 423-658-0008"

On Dec 28, 2011 6:07 PM, Donnie Isaacs
, "It is my Dad, attached is a copy" PIC REMOVED FOR LEGAL REASONS

On Dec 28, 2011 6:27 PM, Don Higgins, "He wont accept it from me in a email needs to b faxed to him sorry. Only guy I deal with"

On Dec 28, 2011 6:29 PM, Donnie Isaacs, "Ok I will fax too"

On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 8:29 PM, Don Higgins[/b, "That is of the smudge mark." [Linked Image]

[b]On Dec 29, 2011 2:50 AM, Donnie Isaacs
, "Money will go out tomorrow"

On Dec 29, 2011 5:25 AM, Don Higgins, "K thanks"

On Jan 3, 2012 8:15 PM, Don Higgins, "Received money order today will try to have it sent out tomorrow evening if at all possible thanks again "

On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 9:23 PM, Don Higgins, "Could u send me a number to send the ffl dealer im using too? "

On Jan 3, 2012 9:27 PM, Donnie Isaacs, "A phone #? 660-731-5766 is home/fax"

On Jan 3, 2012 9:39 PM, Don Higgins,"K ill have him send it in the morning "

On Jan 4, 2012 4:40 PM, Don Higgins
,"Rifle is in transit.
Via usps
Delivery confirmation number is
Insured for 650.00
Thanks again "

On Jan 10, 2012, at 1:15 PM, Don Higgins, "Has the rifle made it to u yet? "

On Jan 19, 2012 1:47 PM, Donnie Isaacs, "Don, rifle made it yesterday. I am not very please with the condition. The metal has marks and the stock has numerous marks that are very noticeable. You stated they weren't. Please advise"

On Jan 19, 2012, at 1:58 PM, Don Higgins, "I didn't n still don't believe they where that noticeable. I sent the pics n u accepted them."

On Jan 19, 2012 2:07 PM, Donnie Isaacs, "You didn't send pics of everything on the rifle, one spot which i was fine with, but there are numerous others. If thats all you have i will probably put it back in the mail to your FFL"

On Jan 19, 2012 2:19 PM, Don Higgins, "I do not have the money to pay u it was spent on the rifle that was on the way."

On Jan 19, 2012 2:37 PM, Donnie Isaacs, "I am not sure what to tell you Sir. I am not happy with it and will not keep it for what I paid"

On Jan 19, 2012 7:06 PM, Donnie Isaacs, "Unless something else is offered and accepted, the rifle will be back in the mail to your FFL probably tomorrow."

On Jan 19, 2012 7:35 PM, Don Higgins, "Rifle will b returned to sender soon as its received.
The ffl dealer has been notified of that fact. "

On Jan 19, 2012 8:02 PM, Donnie Isaacs, "And then we will go to court. Your choice"

On Jan 19, 2012 8:09 PM, Don Higgins, "I gave u a accurat description of the rifle n u agreed to it.
I have every email n pic of that was sent back n forth.
There is no way anyone would take a legal side against it.
U been hunting summin for nothing since the beginning of this n I will not offer or accept anything else "

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 8:23 PM, Donnie Isaacs, "No, you didn't give me an accurate description of the rifle. You sent pics of one place that was scratched, and I was fine with that. However, the rifle has numerous scratches throughout it and several places on the metal. And yes, they will take action, trust me. You better do your research. I have been hunting for [bleep]. You sent me a rifle that is absolutely not as described. I will have tracking info for you as soon as it ships. And I will personally be speaking with the dealer, he certainly will not jeopardize his FFL over something like this. Trust me, I have all emails describing its condition also, you need me to send them to you?"

On Jan 20, 2012 3:49 PM, Donnie Isaacs, "Spoke with your dealer. He will not jeopardize his license. I have also notified my ATF agent and she will more then likely be contacting you and him. The rifle will be back in the mail to him Monday morning. Let me know when it arrives."

On Jan 20, 2012 5:02 PM, Don Higgins, "Hmmm considering the fact I have known him since we were lil kids n the fact that I hang out there quite often n was sitting there when u sent that email. I have only to say to u rifle was sold as is u accepted it take it n shoot her!
Cause personally I see u as a damn liar !
Good day to u .
N enjoy your rifle"

On Jan 20, 2012 5:30 PM, Donnie Isaacs, "Well your full of sh*t let me tell you that and you will see when it shows up next week. I have no problem going to small claims court if needed. We will see how this works out for ya. I will email tracking,Monday. See you in court"

On Jan 20, 2012 5:35 PM, Don Higgins, "Go f**k yourself n have a nice day lmao.
N btw if rifle will show up in the mail it will b logged n sold to highest bidder."

On Jan 20, 2012 6:12 PM, Donnie Isaacs, "I don't care who you sell it to. I will be getting my money back, trust me. Check the laws. I will have tracking info for you and your dealer Monday. My ATF agent will be in contact also. You made a big mistake. And what kind of POS doesn't describe their guns accurate. You wont last long. See you in court!"

Date: Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 7:20 PM, Don Higgins, "K"

-Elizabeth Bibesco-
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Thanks for the info. I too will have him on ignore. Good to weed out bad apples before someone else gets scammed.

IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Appreciate the way you guys take care of garbage here. Thumbs up from a newbie

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Where are the panned out pictures, side by side? Where are pictures of the "undescribed damage"?

I think with the vast amount of negative info around, this is pretty clear cut.

I won't be making any dealings with privatepilot.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Seems what's good for the goose, is not good for the gander. He wants an "inspection period", but doesn't grant the same. [bleep] him and 22WRF!

Read the whole thread; what a train wreck!

Seems that I'm hitting the Ignore button more and more lately (a certain TN crowd....), and now have found two more.

I'm not that hard up to sell or buy anything to have to deal with these two, and their "assumptions"...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
"On Jan 20, 2012 6:12 PM, Donnie Isaacs, "I don't care who you sell it to. I will be getting my money back, trust me. Check the laws. I will have tracking info for you and your dealer Monday. My ATF agent will be in contact also. You made a big mistake. And what kind of POS doesn't describe their guns accurate. You wont last long. See you in court!"

I guess we'll see if he really is a man of his word. I for one highly dought it.

"Any one who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
- Henry Ford
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A very valuable lesson learned.

When you buy something, or sell something, over the internet, realize that it is not the same as an in person transaction.
1. if you are the seller, insist that if the item is going to be returned it comes back in the same condition as it went out (and make sure you can document the condition), and also make sure that the buyer will pay for the return.
2. If you are the buyer, make sure that there is an inspection period, and make sure you are prepared to pay for the return shipping, if necessary.

No gun is worth the bad blood that this transaction caused.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 22WRF
Blame yourself for most of that, dickhead.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
A very valuable lesson learned.

When you buy something, or sell something, over the internet, realize that it is not the same as an in person transaction.
1. if you are the seller, insist that if the item is going to be returned it comes back in the same condition as it went out (and make sure you can document the condition), and also make sure that the buyer will pay for the return.
2. If you are the buyer, make sure that there is an inspection period, and make sure you are prepared to pay for the return shipping, if necessary.

you still don't get it do you? this doesn't have a thing to do with anything you said. it's a case of a scammer, with a history of scamming.

maybe you should sell him a rifle, and let's see if your "bolt was loose in the package" too...

Last edited by smalljawbasser; 01/24/12. Reason: your, not you're
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It has everything to do with what I said because if the seller and the buyer would have agreed on an inspection period this would never have happened.

I am not saying the seller did anything wrong. But I don't believe the buyer did a whole lot wrong either in the sense that he wanted to return something that wasn't to his liking. Selling over the internet is, at best, artificial, and requires an inspection period. If most people who post here ordered something from say Cabela's or Gander Mountain and received it and didn't like it they would scream bloody murder if they were not allowed to return it. I've read many stories on here from people who have actually admitted to abusing equipment and then returning it. If you go to a Cabela's store you can go into their bargain caves and see lots of merchandise that has been used heavily and then was later returned.

I think that the evidence shows that the buyer should have acted differently. He shouldn't have assumed that he had a right to return the item, and he shouldn't have threatened legal action. It was his fault that he didn't insist on an inspection period before the sale took place if he wanted to be able to return the gun at his own expense.

But I don't look at this as scamming. Rather, I look at it as poor communication between two parties to a sale. If the seller doesn't want to partake in a sale where there is an inspection period then that should be abundantly clear so that the buyer can make a decision whether to proceed based on that information.
It should all be in writing.

Very simple. Either I can return the gun at my own expense if I don't like it, or I can't return the gun at my own expense if I don't like it.

Another thing that this thread shows is very poor manners. If people insist on arguing by the use of Ad Hominem arguments and appeals for ridicule, nothing will ever be decided in a rational manner. It doesn't do any good toward arriving at a reasonable conclusion when people call other people names in order to look cute for their friends.

Moreover, what has transpired in the past is not evidence of what has transpired now. To think that is to have a fallacy of irrelevant evidence. To prove point A, which is at issue, the speaker instead tries to prove unrelated point B, or instead of trying to disprove point C, he disproves point B. Oftentimes people think that they have proven their own point by disproving the points made by their opposition. For example, in a murder trial, a prosecutor might be guilty of the fallacy of irrelevant evidence if instead of proving the accused guilty of murder he instead proves him guilty of other unrelated crimes.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I told you guys early on that 22wrf will just go on and on and on. He just can't help himself.

GA precision all day long
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It has everything to do with what I said because if the seller and the buyer would have agreed on an inspection period this would never have happened.

I am not saying the seller did anything wrong. But I don't believe the buyer did a whole lot wrong either in the sense that he wanted to return something that wasn't to his liking. Selling over the internet is, at best, artificial, and requires an inspection period. If most people who post here ordered something from say Cabela's or Gander Mountain and received it and didn't like it they would scream bloody murder if they were not allowed to return it. I've read many stories on here from people who have actually admitted to abusing equipment and then returning it. If you go to a Cabela's store you can go into their bargain caves and see lots of merchandise that has been used heavily that was then later returned.

I think that the evidence shows that the buyer should have acted differently. He shouldn't have assumed that he had a right to return the item, and he shouldn't have threatened legal action. It was his fault that he didn't insist on an inspection period before the sale took place if he wanted to be able to return the gun at his own expense.

But I don't look at this as scamming. Rather, I look at it as poor communication between two parties to a sale. If the seller doesn't want to partake in a sale where there is an inspection period then that should be abundantly clear so that the buyer can make a decision whether to proceed based on that information.
It should all be in writing.

Very simple. Either I can return the gun at my own expense if I don't like it, or I can't return the gun at my own expense if I don't like it.

Another thing that this thread shows is the very poor manners.. If people insist on arguing by the use of Ad Hominem arguments and appeals for ridicule, nothing will ever be decided in a rational manner. It doesn't do any good toward arriving at a reasonable conclusion when people call other people names in order to look cute for their friends.

I believe you're looking through a glass darkly. Can you honestly see nothing wrong with "the buyer's" comments, threats, non-replies to questions here, non-posting of pics for verification, and past dealings with several here on 24hr? 22WRF if I ever commit a crime worthy of punishment, I definitely want you and your closest friends on the jury. You speak as a forked-tongue politician. Running around in circles never saying anything out one side of your mouth. The only thing I can agree with is I too wish "the seller" would have replied with more words but have you ever used your phone your cell phone primarily for email responses. I'm sure you to would be brief especially when you expect no problems with the deal you're working on.

Jeff

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Jeff

I am not a judge, that is for sure. But I do know a lot about the human condition and human frailty. I think the buyer here had remorse when he received the gun. I think he felt he paid too much for it because he probably wanted to resell it needed to get it for less than he did in order to make his sale.

But I think every single person who posted on this thread has done the very same thing in their life, not just once, but on many occasions. I think everybody has made buying decisions that they later felt regret for. And I think that everyone has gotten into arguments about wanting to return something that they regretted purchasing.

But I don't think the intent was to scam. I think the intent was to rescind a bad decision. And hopefully the buyer will from now on structure his deals more carefully, and hopefully everyone who has read this thread will structure their deal with a clause that allows for an inspection period.

But I did not come to these conclusions until after I saw what was offered by both parties, and I did not come to these conclusions based on what happened with other transactions by either party.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think the buyer here had remorse when he received the gun.
But I don't think the intent was to scam.

I think his past history proves his intentions. Did you not notice that he attempted to sell me my friend's rifle stating that it was his other rifle. I fully believe he intended to swap parts until he was please with the rifle he would keep and send the my friend's rifle back looking a little differen't than before it was shipped. Please go back and not only read my posts but read the others that he scammed into either sending him compensation or a replacement of some sort. He, being a reseller, came out way on top in each of those deals. I believe you are good with writing words sir but not at reading them.

Jeff

-Elizabeth Bibesco-
P
pety221 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
Cold bore that is your right n I decision to block me n id nt care either way.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Jeff

I read the words, and I would suggest that we both have a different perception of what they mean (which is far different from what many folks do here when they call somebody a name becasue the other person doesn't agree with them).

For reasons I don't know, Guns seem to bring about human emotions and human behavior that are not present in other areas of life.

People will buy a $40,000 pickup and beat it up hunting in the backcountry, but they won't take a nice gun out hunting for fear of scratching it up.

People will accept many other things with exchanged parts, but won't accept guns with exchanged parts.

People will run an ad for guns for weeks and weeks and weeks at the same price so as to not take a dollar less than they paid for it, but will sell their cars for thousands less than they are worth in order to get a different car.

And yes, I am guilty of all of these things myself.

I think all people seem to want to be less and less responsible for their own actions. To rely on somebody else to fix it.
Its becoming part of the human condition.

Here they buyer made a mistake. Not on purpose. And he wanted to the seller to fix it for him. But he should have made that clear from the start with an agreement for an inspection period.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Unbelievable. Simply unbelievable. Well, I feel justified with my decision. I believe that evidence speaks for itself or rather shouts in this case. I suggest sir that you sell Privatepilot a rifle in the future using another name other than 22WRF and see how he attempts to deal with you.

To all that have been wronged by Donnie Isaacs aka Privatepilot, I request that you send Rick a PM stating what happened and request him to be banned from this site. My thanks to all that chimed in with sound mind and a clean conscious.

Jeff

Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

184 members (1minute, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 1_deuce, 280fan, 30 invisible), 1,368 guests, and 1,015 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,844
Posts18,517,344
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.