-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Romney is every bit as annointed as Obama - only to what degree is in question. Myself, I figure "missed it by that much".

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm not sure any of the Republican candidates can do much in the short-term if any of them happens to be elected. Romney seems electable, but we certainly won't see much change from the policies we have now. Newt might be electable, but there again, we won't see much change under a Newt Administration from what we have now, although we might have a better foreign policy and be involved in more conflicts abroad. It's a crap-shoot (Obama versus GOP) either way.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Newt might be electable, but there again, we won't see much change under a Newt Administration from what we have now,

lol...lol

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E-lect-a-ble

adjective

The act of shedding your core beliefs, in favor of one who mirrors your opponent.

So if this is about getting elected, would it be a stroke of genius for Obama to offer the VP position to Paul, or Gingrich?
I could see that.

E
EWY Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
I still don't understand why so many gun owners and hunters show such disrespect for Sarah Palin. The misogynistic snotty name calling doesn't do any good for the conservative small government people who wish to show conservatism and people on the right as wise and worthy of support. Disagreement is one thing but sophomoric name calling attacks are another.

Ernie

George Washington - �Labour to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire,�conscience.�

God save the Republic
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I agree, Ernie. I mean, considering the kinship between the Palin family and everyday sportsmen across this nation, you'd think there'd be a little more cohesiveness.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
See what they did to Bachmann?

This after Palin single-handedly kept the last election from being the worst landslide in history.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Second amendment, and Romney?

Let's see what Gun Owners of America has to say 'bout that.

"...Romney signed a law to permanently ban many semi-automatic firearms. �These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense,� Romney said in 2004. �They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people.�

[color:#FF99FF]link to GOA review[/color]

Last edited by Mako25; 01/28/12.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Though, it still amazes me that Ms Bachmann was able to go as far as she went in the campaign portion of this whole election fiasco. In retrospect, I think the only one of the total campaigners - and that's also counting the incumbent, since he's always campaigning - who had any "testicles", was The Donald.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas
leave the elective politics to the experts.

One thing you overlook my friend. One thing.

Same goes for the plenty right of center and smarter than average posters on sites like this one and the smarter than average lefty nut cases on liberal forums, blogs, and disgusting late night tv programming.

Most of America isn't smart.
And they're not going to be leaving everything up to the so called "experts" for very much longer.

People are pissed.
You ain't gotta be smart to get pissed off.
You ain't gotta be part of some inner circle of elites and overly educated (indoctrinated) nothing but book smarts having jack ass 10 million dollar men who think they're better and smarter and stronger and faster than any one has ever been before.

All you gotta be is pissed.

Millions are pissed now.

4 years from now a couple hundred millions more will join them.
A majority cometh.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EWY
I still don't understand why so many gun owners and hunters show such disrespect for Sarah Palin. The misogynistic snotty name calling doesn't do any good for the conservative small government people who wish to show conservatism and people on the right as wise and worthy of support. Disagreement is one thing but sophomoric name calling attacks are another.

Ernie

The right hates Palin more than the left.
Don't sweat it.
A majority cometh.
Their continuous noise will be drowned out by the volumous roar.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mako25
Second amendment, and Romney?

Let's see what Gun Owners of America has to say 'bout that.

"...Romney signed a law to permanently ban many semi-automatic firearms. �These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense,� Romney said in 2004. �They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people.�

I say he's flat wrong.
If anyone is reduced to muzzle loaders it needs to be the government.
Who's far and away the most dangerous?
Easy answer, that...

The roar cometh.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So, it kind of all goes back to what I wrote a little while ago; with what's out there to choose from among the incumbent and the two Republican candidates who might have somewhat of a chance at taking the Office away from him, we're not likely to see much if any change from what we already have. But, with that said, I'd take the swinger over the impostor, any day.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Archerhunter
Originally Posted by EWY

Ernie

The right hates Palin more than the left.
Don't sweat it.
A majority cometh.
Their continuous noise will be drowned out by the volumous roar.

Damn right the Right hates Palin more than the Left for very good reason. If she were to be again anywhere near the nomination it would be disaster for our side.

You may be sure the Left would be overjoyed to see Perky nominated. The only thing it would like more is to see the Nutty Doctor nominated.

Trust me Romney will be the nominee.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think Democrats despise Palin because she actually stands for individuality, rather than the ideal of conformism. It is my belief that the Republicans are afraid of Palin because she has a proven track record of disrupting corrupt idealogues within the Republican party itself. Thus the reason why both sides seem to prefer that she stay "out-of-sight, out-of-mind". Regardless, she isn't a threat to anybody, actually. The incumbent will continue his six year campaign and the Republican party will battle it out between the two potential nominees and after the first of the year, we'll have another four years of about the same as we had the past four years, regardless as to which party has control of the Oval Office.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
The war being waged between Newt and Romney may just cause a rift that will last until the election. I guess maybe our side should have our little civil war and get it over with.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I can't believe it's come down to Newt and Romney. What a damn embarrassment.

I'll vote just to do my duty in unseating Obama, but I won't be happy.

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by RobJordan
Bow:

Go to youtube and take a look at Palin's rambling, narcissistic and virtually incoherent resignation from the governorship speech. You might also read some of the on-line analysis articles (some by conservatives) on the issue whether she is even Trig's mother. Sorry, but Sarah has one or more serious personality disorders and is utterly unfit to serve even as a city council woman. I won't say she is nut job, but she's close. She is beyond a joke.

In many ways I feel very sorry for her. She was never qualified for national office and it was completely unfair for McCain to thrust her into the spotlight unvetted and ill-prepared. As a consequence, she has been savaged (though much of it quite correct), but at the same time, one can't help but feel pity for the simpleton.
If the issues I raise lack merit, then I supposed one could infer that I have a factually or ideologically non-supportable (and hence perhaps irrational) opposition to her, in which case it might be logical to posit that I have "issues". But before we reach that conclusion, logically, we must first address the issues I raised with respect to Palin. The fact of the matter is her resignation speech is rambling, incoherent and narcissistic. There are dozens of reasons to conclude she is utterly unfit for national office. Conservatives electing her to any significant national office would be incredibly destructive to conservatism.

Your issues lack merit.
And intelligence if you think Bowsinger needs to go to Youtube to find a speech Governor Palin gave back in 2009.
Or go to any of the other Palin hit pieces.

Do you want the whole transcript complete with the Governor�s accomplishments or just some of the Highlights?

July 3, 2009

�Nah, only dead fish �go with the flow�

�Some say things changed for me on August 29th last year � the day John McCain tapped me to be his running-mate � I say others changed�Political operatives descended on Alaska last August, digging for dirt.
The ethics law I championed became their weapon of choice.
Over the past nine months I�ve been accused of all sorts of frivolous ethics violations � such as holding a fish in a photograph, wearing a jacket with a logo on it, and answering reporters� questions�Every one � all 15 of the ethics complaints have been dismissed. We�ve won!
But it hasn�t been cheap � the State has wasted THOUSANDS of hours of YOUR time and shelled out some two million of YOUR dollars to respond to �opposition research� � that�s money NOT going to fund teachers or troopers � or safer roads.
And this political absurdity, the �politics of personal destruction� � Todd and I are looking at more than half a million dollars in legal bills in order to set the record straight.
And what about the people who offer up these silly accusations?
It doesn�t cost them a dime so they�re not going to stop draining public resources � spending other peoples� money in their game.�

And she went on to say:

�Life is too short to compromise time and resources� it may be tempting and more comfortable to just keep your head down, plod along, and appease those who demand: �Sit down and shut up�, but that�s the worthless, easy path; that�s a quitter�s way out. And a problem in our country today is apathy.
It would be apathetic to just hunker down and �go with the flow.�

�Nah, only dead fish �go with the flow� No.
Productive, fulfilled people determine where to put their efforts, choosing to wisely utilize precious time...I WILL support others who seek to serve, in or out of office, for the RIGHT reasons, and I don�t care what party they�re in or no party at all. Inside Alaska � or Outside Alaska.�

�Let me go back to a comfortable analogy for me � sports� basketball.
I use it because you�re na�ve if you don�t see the national full-court press picking away right now: A good point guard drives through a full court press, protecting the ball, keeping her eye on the basket� and she knows exactly when to pass the ball so that the team can WIN.

And I�m doing that � keeping our eye on the ball that represents sound priorities � smaller government, energy independence, national security, freedom!
And I know when it�s time to pass the ball � for victory.� Sarah Palin

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

If she hadn't, "Passed the ball" she would have fouled out in her first debate and never gotten the Fox gig.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Calvin:

I totally agree with you in reference to Mitt and Newt as the contenders we now have to choose from, other than choosing "Prez" Obama. It's sad that once again we're forced as voters to choose between the lesser of two evils in the primary and again, during the general election. I've often wondered what it would've been like to have The Trump as "Prez". Oh well, we won't know that until maybe the next go round, in 2016.

Maverick

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

512 members (1badf350, 222Sako, 10ring1, 260Remguy, 1234, 12344mag, 39 invisible), 1,799 guests, and 1,235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,004
Posts18,520,527
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.