Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Sporterized Argentine Mauser.Caliber is 7.65x53.It has 23" barrel. Receiver is marked "Mauser Modelo Argentino 1891. Manufactura Loewe Berlin." It also has clasped hands stamped on all major components. The action and barrel are in great shape,bore is bright, the wood is good except for the usual minor dents due to normal usage.
Has weaver scope bases already attached.
I'll consider partial trades + cash,$200 minimum and a trade to cover the reminder of the $399 asked price,FTF at asked price includes a box of factory hunting ammo.
Email with any questions.C&R OK.Ships USPS Priority within Michigan for $25 (no FFL required I.D. a must) or Fedex Overnight $35 to FFL/C&R to lower 48.Personal check payment item ships when check clears.
[Linked Image]
Also on GB with more pics search for shipping needs.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=272234735

Last edited by gemelli5; 02/12/12.
GB1

Y
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Y
you do not even need C+R for a Loewe, they are pre 1898 , as per BATF

I
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I
Pre 1 Jan, 1899.

Antique, as far as the Feds are concerned.

.....civilize 'em with a Krag
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I am not a dealer,I just happen to have this old rifle for sale so,if anybody is interested in it,I'll need some kind of 01 or 03 license just for my peace of mind

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Listed on GunBroker with link............check

member since yesterday................check

Rare collectable bubba'd milsurp............check

wants FFL's for "peace of mind"...............check

going to ship milsurp rifle "fed ex overnight"............check

Uses bold and large size fonts to show he's serious........check

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer but how he hunted it.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
If you need it shipped is more practical and SAFE on GB........check

Not born on the day I became a member.......check

Everybody is entitled to an opinion on stuff they can't afford.......check

The rifle is logged on my C&R don't expect you to even know what it means.......check

Not everybody has a 20/20 vision but you........check

Get a life so you don't bother others please.

Originally Posted by Freedumb1
Listed on GunBroker with link............check

member since yesterday................check

Rare collectable bubba'd milsurp............check

wants FFL's for "peace of mind"...............check

going to ship milsurp rifle "fed ex overnight"............check

Uses bold and large size fonts to show he's serious........check

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
He means you sound kind of like a hustler with all the bells and whistles. The regulars on here don't need either. You want a lot of money for something you think is collectible. Most don't. And don't tell us you want a FFL transfer for "piece of mind". You will ship it to anyone in-state without "piece of mind". Just clarifying. If you sound like a salesman, don't be surprised if you are treated like one.

I think, therefore I am, conservative.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Here's a whistle for you:By law,in my State,Michigan,long guns can be shipped USPS between individuals with no restriction,paperwork,4473 etc.you can check,don't take my word for it.
I,however,ask for I.D. so I know who to log the gun off to. I'm sure you read that too right?
Why some of the members here are so defensive?If anybody disagree with my price just don't buy it or look somewhere else.
Originally Posted by JeffP40
He means you sound kind of like a hustler with all the bells and whistles. The regulars on here don't need either. You want a lot of money for something you think is collectible. Most don't. And don't tell us you want a FFL transfer for "piece of mind". You will ship it to anyone in-state without "piece of mind". Just clarifying. If you sound like a salesman, don't be surprised if you are treated like one.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Are you ignorant, or just a consummate azzhole?

smirk

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by luv2safari

smirk

whistle

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

smirk

Cut the guy a break, he's almost hit double digit postings............almost.

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer but how he hunted it.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member

C&R = Crudely Reworked?

Progress is man's ability to complicate simplicity.
Thor Heyerdahl
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
The model is from 1891 for sure but,since I'm only a newbie here and I don't know nothing (you are only knowledgeable when you hit the 3.000.000 posts,no matter what they're for.....???),I can't be sure the rifle wasn't made after 1898.
It is in too good shape to be that old and Loewe made these rifle until they were replaced by the 1909 model.....But then again whay do I know...I only have 10 posts.
Originally Posted by yosam

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I see the "class" you're talking about.Nice job.

smirk

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
OK

Welcome to the campfire, your free link to GB. And, thanks for all your past contributions. wink

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by gemelli5
The model is from 1891 for sure but,since I'm only a newbie here and I don't know nothing (you are only knowledgeable when you hit the 3.000.000 posts,no matter what they're for.....???),I can't be sure the rifle wasn't made after 1898.
It is in too good shape to be that old and Loewe made these rifle until they were replaced by the 1909 model.....But then again whay do I know...I only have 10 posts.

http://www.surplusrifleforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=33457

What he was trying to tell you is the last Ludwig Lowe 1891 was built in 1896, so if you could let someone help you instead of spout back your ignorance for a minute you might learn something.

Also before you post that you are going to ship FedEx overnight you might look at what that will cost you. Be ready to see a C-note wave bye-bye.

Had your rifle been built post 1898, but was still over 50 years old, it would in fact be no longer C&R eligible since it's been "sporterized" into it's no longer original military configuration.

I'll bet you didn't make too many friends in kindergarten.

Progress is man's ability to complicate simplicity.
Thor Heyerdahl
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by morecowbell
Had your rifle been built post 1898, but was still over 50 years old, it would in fact be no longer C&R eligible since it's been "sporterized" into it's no longer original military configuration.
WRONG. Look up the actual section of the law you're butchering, sport. The gun only has to fall into one category to be recognized as C&R.

"� 478.11 Meaning of terms.

Curios or relics. Firearms which are of special interest to collectors by reason of some quality other than is associated with firearms intended for sporting use or as offensive or defensive weapons. To be recognized as curios or relics, firearms must fall within one of the following categories:

(a) Firearms which were manufactured at least 50 years prior to the current date, but not including replicas thereof;

(b) Firearms which are certified by the curator of a municipal, State, or Federal museum which exhibits firearms to be curios or relics of museum interest; and

(c) Any other firearms which derive a substantial part of their monetary value from the fact that they are novel, rare, bizarre, or because of their association with some historical figure, period, or event. Proof of qualification of a particular firearm under this category may be established by evidence of present value and evidence that like firearms are not available except as collector's items, or that the value of like firearms available in ordinary commercial channels is substantially less."

http://www.atf.gov/publications/download/p/atf-p-5300-4.pdf

Pay attention to this key part: To be recognized as curios or relics, firearms must fall within one of the following categories...

ONE category, not ALL categories. The standard admonishment remains, PLEASE DON'T POST BULLSHIT. Thanks.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by morecowbell

http://www.surplusrifleforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=33457

What he was trying to tell you is the last Ludwig Lowe 1891 was built in 1896, so if you could let someone help you instead of spout back your ignorance for a minute you might learn something.

Also before you post that you are going to ship FedEx overnight you might look at what that will cost you. Be ready to see a C-note wave bye-bye.

I'll bet you didn't make too many friends in kindergarten.

"C&R = Crudely Reworked?"
Is this your way to get to be somebody's friend?
Maybe we met in kindergarten LOL!
Since it looks like you are some kind of spoke-person and,above all an expert,here's the rifle serial #: N5159
It matches on all parts except for the stock,of course.
Could you or anybody here tell me more about this "piece of junk"?
10 posts = the guy's never seen a FedEx office before.....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Could you or anybody here tell me more about this "piece of junk"?

I can tell you in two weeks no one in the US decided to place an opening bid for your rifle at $368.99. Who knows where the reserve is.

Then I can tell you after you re-listed for $339.98 you still have not gotten a bid.

The point you have missed in all this [bleep] is I/we don't appreciate "folks" who make their first post in the classifieds to peddle their stuff without becoming a contributing member here at the 'fire.

Some forums keep people from utilizing the classifieds until a number of postings or an amount of time has gone by.

That is why it amazes me when folks want to sell there firearms with there first post, and attempt to sell after they have lectured us on all the hoops were supposed to jump through to get the chance to do business with them.

Oh and by the way, it is considered rude to do all of the above, and then post your link to a "pay for service" provider such as Gun Broker.

Let me know if anything I have typed is too confusing for you, I can always type a little slower.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

504 members (10gaugemag, 1badf350, 222Sako, 160user, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 41 invisible), 2,142 guests, and 1,123 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,762
Posts18,476,600
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.