Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Again, proving how stupid you are...

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
GB1

O
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by MTGunner
Dink fixates on any MT bill/law that would in any way affect NR hunters. Anything that would adversely affect him personally. Not other NR hunters. By what I have read, of his rambling and confusing posts, it seems that he has deep enough pockets to pay a trespass fee for an entire MT ranch for the purpose of shooting a small deer that he does not consume himself. This, I have contemplated and asked myself "Why does this dumba$$" hunt in the first place? I have come to the conclusion that he merely stirs the pot for the sake of argument only. Nothing more! Encite other NR's and backs away to watch the carnage. This is the goal of the anti hunting society and he is their instrument. Wail on and wring your hands Dink! Your arguments hold little water. MTG

I hunt because I like to kill chit. I like to fill tags.

I only care about laws/bills that concern me. If they decided that anyone from missouri got tags for $144 probaly would not bother me much.

Its not that I can not afford the new tag price. Its the priniciple of the idea that I should not have to because residents decided that was they way it was going to be due to thier jealousy/hatred.

I bet if they were going to let non-resident set the tag price for residents there would be some b$tching take place.

I am not afraid to stir the pot but I damn sure ain't backing away from anything.

Dink

O
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Again, proving how stupid you are...

You can say alot of things about me but paying for someone elses house is pretty damn stupid. Don't you think? I pay to hunt for a week you pay someone every month.

Did you even fill a buck tag this year?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Of course you would buy a house in 2008, instead of now, at the bottom of the market (with a 3.75% fixed)...

Hint - Educate yourself on buying houses.

You might sound a little LESS stupid..

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DINK

Dink

Please don't ever move to MT.

Most people here have outgrown chit like that by the time they graduate high school. Or at least they smart enough not to mention it.

Stay the [bleep] home actually.

Last edited by SamOlson; 02/13/12.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Its not that I can not afford the new tag price. Its the priniciple of the idea that I should not have to because residents decided that was they way it was going to be due to thier jealousy/hatred.

Dink

Once again, 'bye.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Toolelk
Quite sure the tags were never sold as that is where the alternate list comes in. There were no takers.

FWP keeps the data close but if you ask Sue Daly, you might get the facts. I-161 struck out and FWP is scrambling to cover the loss. Should be interesting if they don't get the resident tag increase (how will they pay for the salary increases?).

Sue came to a meeting we had last month. She never claimed even close to your statement. Sorry! She blamed the shortfall on a cycle of the system that goes broke every so often if they don't increase tag prices and sales. She's the one that brought up HB 607 that diverted funds from where they should be.

The "TRUTH" is that the winters have been terrible resulting in the loss of thousands of tags for antelope, and deer over east. In the West predators have taken their toll. Tag sales are less for a lot of reasons, but I-161 isn't one of them. Have you done the math yet? They made more money off the new system than the old one. Several million. IMO, the biggest reason Elk hunters are buying less is because the elk numbers are being reduced State wide under the law our state legislature passed in 2003. We are at or over elk objectives in 66% of the HD statewide, and people are screaming the elk are gone. Just wait to see how loud they scream when we get those other areas down to those low objectives. Less Elk means less opportunity, and less tag sales. The resource has been squandered to sell tags, and now we're going to pay the price of that. Take care of the resource first and sales will take care of themselves.

I wanted to take a scalp, but the kill was not mine.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
MTFWP is in sort of a jam.

Winter, wolves, BMA, chit economy, no animals left.

Last edited by SamOlson; 02/13/12.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Yes, I have done the math and 800 unsold non-resident tags can't be a good thing for FWP's budget. During that meeting, did you catch the part about where the funding from HB607 goes? FWP has the discretion so it could be used to fund block management or "diverted" to other programs. A system that "goes broke every so often" does not sound like a fiscally sound program. The fact is FWP supported I-161 and it backfired in more ways than just revenue (leased land is another indication). I would be very interested in any data that shows the real numbers generated by non-resident license sales comparing 2011 with years past.

Didn't mean to hijack this thread but would like to know the truth about I-161's effect on FWP revenue.

O
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O
No one hi jacked this thread. This is what I call a discussion..grin.

Dink

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Everything is overpriced not to mention already dead.

Last edited by SamOlson; 02/14/12.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Didn't mean to hijack this thread but would like to know the truth about I-161's effect on FWP revenue.

No you dont...you've already been told. Since passing revenue has increased via NR license sales.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Gee thanks but was hoping for a credible source. I don't suppose you have some facts to back up being told?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Dink fixates on any MT bill/law that would in any way affect NR hunters. Anything that would adversely affect him personally. Not other NR hunters. By what I have read, of his rambling and confusing posts, it seems that he has deep enough pockets to pay a trespass fee for an entire MT ranch for the purpose of shooting a small deer that he does not consume himself. This, I have contemplated and asked myself "Why does this dumba$$" hunt in the first place? I have come to the conclusion that he merely stirs the pot for the sake of argument only. Nothing more! Encite other NR's and backs away to watch the carnage. This is the goal of the anti hunting society and he is their instrument. Wail on and wring your hands Dink! Your arguments hold little water. MTG

I only care about laws/bills that concern me. If they decided that anyone from missouri got tags for $144 probaly would not bother me much.

I bet if they were going to let non-resident set the tag price for residents there would be some b$tching take place.

I am not afraid to stir the pot but I damn sure ain't backing away from anything.

Dink

Dink,

You should have somebody read this out loud, so you can hear how ridiculous you sound.

And after that, you should write a formal apology to that buck's family.

Travis

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Snowing like a mofo here.

Travis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

Dink,

You should have somebody read this out loud, so you can hear how ridiculous you sound.

Travis

Very unlikely... The stupid is strong in this one.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
True...

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yes, I have done the math and 800 unsold non-resident tags can't be a good thing for FWP's budget. During that meeting, did you catch the part about where the funding from HB607 goes? FWP has the discretion so it could be used to fund block management or "diverted" to other programs. A system that "goes broke every so often" does not sound like a fiscally sound program. The fact is FWP supported I-161 and it backfired in more ways than just revenue (leased land is another indication). I would be very interested in any data that shows the real numbers generated by non-resident license sales comparing 2011 with years past.

I did catch where the money goes. It goes into the general FW&P's account. Where payroll, vehicles, building costs, and day to day operational money comes from. It was a way to make sure MTFW&P's couldn't acquire any more land with the money. If you had been involved the the last legislative session you would have known that there was a big right wing attempt to stop MTFW&P's from purchasing land for sportsman. That is partially what this is about.

800 tags unsold and still they made almost $2 million dollars more, is a good thing. Less kill, less pressure on a dwindling big game population. Sure MTFW&P's could have used the money for the tags but the game needed a break. So it's good for the game. I don't give a chit about the money.

Sue never said that the money could be put back into Block or habitat. I think that would be a stretch to assume they can.

MTFW&P's is the only State agency that is self sufficient. They need to add 15% to the cost of the resident tags to get by again for awhile. I think we can afford that.

They made more money, with less hunters. How could that not be good?

Last edited by 4100fps; 02/14/12.

I wanted to take a scalp, but the kill was not mine.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4100fps

I did catch where the money goes. It goes into the general FW&P's account. Where payroll, vehicles, building costs, and day to day operational money comes from. It was a way to make sure MTFW&P's couldn't acquire any more land with the money. If you had been involved the the last legislative session you would have known that there was a big right wing attempt to stop MTFW&P's from purchasing land for sportsman. That is partially what this is about.

800 tags unsold and still they made almost $2 million dollars more, is a good thing. Less kill, less pressure on a dwindling big game population. Sure MTFW&P's could have used the money for the tags but the game needed a break. So it's good for the game. I don't give a chit about the money.

Sue never said that the money could be put back into Block or habitat. I think that would be a stretch to assume they can.

MTFW&P's is the only State agency that is self sufficient. They need to add 15% to the cost of the resident tags to get by again for awhile. I think we can afford that.

They made more money, with less hunters. How could that not be good?

some seem to forget that in eastern Montana last winter was really [bleep] bad and knocked our speed goat population down hard...know the area i hunt had nearly no goat tags last fall.....deer numbers were down aswell....

lot of this sorta stuff contributed to less sales last year, MUCH more so than I-161.....know i had fewer tags in my pocket and im a resident....

Last edited by rattler; 02/14/12.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
O
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by deflave

Dink

Dink,

Travis

Hunting in this day and time is only about the kill. If it was not about the kill everyone would pack a camera and compare pics. If people only hunted for the meat no big bucks, big bulls or 16 inch antelope would ever be killed because usually they are not fit to eat. The money it cost to hunt it would be cheaper to go buy meat if you really needed it. I know everyone eats venison three times aday but throw a good beef steak on the table with some deer steaks and see which one gets eaten first.

Why would anyone ever kill coyotes, foxes, prairie dogs, crows, or rock chucks? Its not about helping the rancher, keeping population down or whatever else bullchit someone tells themselves. Its about the kill.

I know some guys just want hang out and drink beer. If it was not about the kill why don't they just play cards?

You can tell yourself you hunt for whatever reason. I hunt to kill stuff.

Dink

Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

Who's Online Now
549 members (10gaugemag, 1badf350, 219DW, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 204guy, 65 invisible), 2,579 guests, and 1,172 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,482
Posts18,529,698
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.