Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
I'm afraid Dink has argued that point, and more than once.

No wonder, it's a good question.

GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Maverick940
You can also have a successful hunt without killing anything.

The wheels on the bus go round and round..............

No one is arguing that. At present, the debate is why we hunt.

Yes sweetheart, somebody is trying to argue that. Try and keep up. Ok?

Travis

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
? Not really. Maybe I wasn't clear. Dink has stated his sole purpose in going out is to kill things, no more no less. Many on here, myself included, find that abhorrent. That was the crux of the matter. This conversation is making less sense as it goes along.

MAGA
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by DINK
Originally Posted by deflave
If the only reason a person went outdoors was to kill, why would they also backpack in the backcountry in the summer? Or camp in National Forest? Or day hike to catch and release trout all day?

Your entire premise is illogical and completely [bleep] ridiculous.

Travis

If you get your enjoyment from hiking and camping why would you ever pack a rifle? In my opinion there is only one reason.

There are a lot of people that camp and hike that do not hunt.

Fishing and trapping are different. A trapper really does not do it for the kill. He does it to prove that he can make a animal, that can walk anywhere he wants to on this earth, stick his foot in a four inch circle.

Fishing you can be successfull with out killing anything.

Dink

Well genius, I pack the rifle to bring home meat. The hunting season is the time I get to spend time outdoors, and put red meat in my freezer.

Coyote season is the time of year I am able to spend time outdoors, and make money on fur.

They're called renewable resources. Google it if you must.

Travis

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
? Not really. Maybe I wasn't clear. Dink has stated his sole purpose in going out is to kill things, no more no less. Many on here, myself included, find that abhorrent. That was the crux of the matter. This conversation is making less sense as it goes along.

If killing is abhorrent for you, then don't kill. If someone else kills and that's abhorrent for you, then see a psychiatrist. Those are the options.

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Of course it does.

Maverick and DINK main line a healthy dose of dumb [bleep] before they ever start typing.

What do you expect?

Travis

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Maverick940

If killing is abhorrent for you, then don't kill. If someone else kills and that's abhorrent for you, then see a psychiatrist. Those are the options.

Ma'am, I don't want to be rude, but you're not following the conversation very well. Maybe you should go make us some coffee or something?

Travis

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Dink, stay out of Montana. You are not a sportsman or a hunter. You argue only for argument sake. On top of that you are an ignorant bore! MTG

Vena dura, ocyus occide, excusas non offer!
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Wow! This has gone on a long time. All this is giving Dink (appropriate name) his 15 minutes and everyone here is buying into it. After reading his rants for awhile it is best to just put him on ignore.

O
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O
If the only reason a person went outdoors was to kill, why would they also backpack in the backcountry in the summer? Or camp in National Forest? Or day hike to catch and release trout all day?

Travis

If you get your enjoyment from hiking and camping why would you ever pack a rifle? In my opinion there is only one reason.

Fishing and trapping are different. A trapper really does not do it for the kill. He does it to prove that he can make a animal, that can walk anywhere he wants to on this earth, stick his foot in a four inch circle.

Dink

Well genius, I pack the rifle to bring home meat. The hunting season is the time I get to spend time outdoors, and put red meat in my freezer.

Coyote season is the time of year I am able to spend time outdoors, and make money on fur.

Travis

Even as a resident if red meat is what you are after it's cheaper to buy at the store.

You ever figure up what fuel, rifles, bullets, powder and your time to skin, flesh and stretch furs? Unless fur prices are really up you are not even breaking even. You hunt/kill coyotes because it's fun.

Dink

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Talk about being worthless. You are. All you have is the Campfire and cooking forums to post in because you need a support group of nameless, faceless people to make you feel worthy. Once a thread goes a certain way you jump in to post whatever side the thread has taken. You are spineless even on the internet.

Now go and try get a cyber butt rub from someone that thinks your worth more than a cup of cold piss.

Dink

Oh you are so tough...not.....mouthy.. yes...and so full of schit. Apparently a cyber stalker too.... laugh

I just saw the thread. I just called you on your stupid inane bullschit. You can't handle it..you are wrong but too stupid to admit it.

Keep posting your ignorant views so everyone can see. You are doing a good job puke.

Your insecurity is evident.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Travis

Dink

Travis

Even as a resident if red meat is what you are after it's cheaper to buy at the store.

You ever figure up what fuel, rifles, bullets, powder and your time to skin, flesh and stretch furs? Unless fur prices are really up you are not even breaking even. You hunt/kill coyotes because it's fun.

Dink

Really? Tell me DINK. How much fuel do I have to expend to put a deer in my freezer? How much does my ammo cost? Enlighten us all with your incredible knowledge.

While you're at it. What did fleshed, stretched dogs go for this season? And how long does it take me to skin, stretch and flesh a dog?

Thanks,
Travis

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Montana FWP is broke due to their assinine budget directors up in Helena. They now say they're going to have to raise the price of all licenses, resident and non-resident to make up for budget shortfalls. In the very next breath, while all other State of Montana employees have been on a pay freeze for four years now, FWP announces that their employees will all be getting raises, with the upper tier positions getting as much as $10,000 in raises each. I guess the Montana FWP is trying to emulate the Obama economic plan. Just spend, spend, spend. Someone has to pull the reins in on these people. It's outrageous what the FWP gestapo gets away with.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

John Wayne
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I might hunt MO next year.

Travis

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Travis
Do they sell Dink tags in Mo? Maverick should have an answer on that I am guessing.

Turn me loose, set me free, somewhere in the middle of Montana!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I hunt because I like to kill chit. I like to fill tags.

I only care about laws/bills that concern me.

I am not afraid to stir the pot but I damn sure ain't backing away from anything.

Dink

And you're obviously not afraid of letting everyone know that you're simply a narcissist. If you want to just kill szchit and fill tags, save yourself the trip and expense, stay home and shoot baldies until you're blue in the face.

It's greedy phuggers like you that want to show up and use the place and its resources like an out-of-state amusement park � trust me, that pi$$es a lot of folks off in Montana. I don't have to live there to understand some of their angst against non-residents.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
BuzzH,

You might want to review the following article from the Billings Gazette, January 19, 2012. In fact, I have saved you the search. Now maybe you can tell us "what you know"?

Montana hunters and anglers could pay higher fees in the future, including senior citizens and youngsters who now receive licenses at a discount.
Those ideas were among the possible ways to increase funding for the Montana Department of
Fish, Wildlife and Parks as revenues have declined steadily over the past two years due to a
"perfect storm" of events.
They include a national economic downturn, a severe winter that reduced the number of licenses
for sale in much of Eastern Montana, high water in the spring that cut the number of fishing
licenses sold, high fuel costs, the perception of a statewide decline in game numbers from wolf
depredation, high unemployment and a decrease in the number of nonresident license sales.
Perhaps most important, there are fewer hunters and anglers buying licenses in Montana and
nationally.
The decline has averaged around $2 million a year for the past two years and the loss is projected
to continue into 2012, according to Sue Daly, the department's finance division administrator, who
broached the subject with the FWP Commission at its monthly meeting Thursday in Helena.
"We're now at the point where we need to deal with this," Daly said.
Residents last saw license fee increases in 2005. Nonresident fees were raised in 2001, except for
hunters who saw an increase after passage of Initiative 161 in 2011. Nonresident fees pay for
about two-thirds of FWP's $35 million in annual operating costs; the rest comes from resident
licenses. Another $11 million in license sales is earmarked for specific funds.
"We need to make a substantial move to equalize that (nonresident vs. resident) equation,"
Commissioner Ron Moody said. "I'm just putting the cards on the table."
Daly said that by 2015, the department's savings account will be drained, but that's no surprise.
The department has slowed the expected decline by a couple of years with conservative fiscal
management including more video conferencing and using fewer three-quarter-ton pickup trucks
that gulp fuel.
In all, the department will have to come up with a projected $10 million a year in savings and
revenue increases.
The reason for bringing up the issue now is that legislation will be crafted this spring to present to
the 2013 Legislature. If fee increases are proposed and eventually passed, they won't show up in
FWP's coffers until 2015.
One possible revenue increase is easy to find. Daly noted that the state gives away about $3
million worth of licenses a year through discounts to senior citizens, youths, former Montana
residents and veterans. Although they are all worthy causes, there is an expense involved, she said.
Bob Gilbert, executive director of Walleyes Unlimited, told the commissioners that as a senior
citizen, he'd be willing to pay more.
"There's something really wrong with this picture," he said. "It's nice to be generous, but you can't
give away money you don't have."
Gilbert said he's also concerned that sportsmen's money is going to manage predators like grizzly
bears and wolves -- programs that don't pay for themselves.
"The bison plan -- who the hell is paying for that?" he asked.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by troutslayer
Montana FWP is broke due to their assinine budget directors up in Helena. They now say they're going to have to raise the price of all licenses, resident and non-resident to make up for budget shortfalls. In the very next breath, while all other State of Montana employees have been on a pay freeze for four years now, FWP announces that their employees will all be getting raises, with the upper tier positions getting as much as $10,000 in raises each. I guess the Montana FWP is trying to emulate the Obama economic plan. Just spend, spend, spend. Someone has to pull the reins in on these people. It's outrageous what the FWP gestapo gets away with.

If it bothers you, lobby your legislature.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by tipmover

Travis
Do they sell Dink tags in Mo? Maverick should have an answer on that I am guessing.

I don't know. My buddies hunt Scotland County and they kill some dandies. I think a N/R tag is only like $150.00. Then I could hunt here AND Missouri! Win/win!

People like DINK sure are dumb.

Travis

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Big game tags will rise in cost. I love to hunt. Therefore I will pay the cost of the tags that I desire. I am very fortunate to live in the great state of Montana. I consider it a privilege to live in "Big Sky Country". To contribute to my community of Ronan and the state of Montana is an honor. I also believe we all live in the best country in the world. Politics aside. The directors of MT FW&P will change tag fees as they deem necessary. I will voice my opinion in Montana. Others states will deal with their game management without my thoughts and opinions. MTG

Vena dura, ocyus occide, excusas non offer!
Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (257 roberts, 160user, 21, 007FJ, 2500HD, 1234, 70 invisible), 2,570 guests, and 1,335 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,092
Posts18,482,970
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.