-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for the update and best of luck with the treatments.

1Minute

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nice update Mark!

Way to maintain a fighting spirit!

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Praying for you here too, Mark.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Wish I were half as tough as you are. Keep the faith, and prayers sent for you and your wife.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Very inspirational indeed...thank you for the update....

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mark,

Kudos on remaining upbeat. At this point, many would have resorted to self pity. There's inspiration in the positive outlook for all.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
I'm praying that your kidneys continue to overachieve. The fact that they are functioning much better than the Docs would believe is no small thing.

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Mark;

Any info from your doc on whether you're a candidate for transplant and/or screening for donors?

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Continued prayers for a positive outcome!

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Doctors don't know all there is to know. Surely do hope and pray you keep doing well.

Quando Omni Moritati
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Hang in there Mark... thanks for the update.... prayers will continue

The worst thing ever to happen to cops is the personal video recorder... Now people can see the truth
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mako25
Stay strong, your outlook on this quite admirable.

God bless!

AMEN to that. Keep up the good fight Mark.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
safariman, I too have PKD.

my last 24hour test(in October) revealed I'm at about 58% function. I was given the diagnosis after repeatedly receiving flags on the blood work. After ultra-sound revealed mine were riddled with cysts and subsequent genetic framework analysis confirmed it.

I deal with the same pain you do, I'm 42years old. My right is giving me more pain. As it sits differently in the abdominal scheme due to the liver.

I went to a high caliber neph at Vandy last week, but they just seemed to shrug me off since I'm still ambulatory and have >50% function.

My current blood serum creatinin runs about 2.8 and I have no physical limitations. Heck I roofed a house this weekend and disc'd a 1 acre garden spot and raked leaves for 4 hours Sunday.

I have done a ton of my own research and continue to do so, If there's any info I can share with you through PM I'd be glad to do so. I have put the squeeze on three different nephs and they are either stingy with info or uninformed-(as many of their patients are from a diabetic CKD pathway)

My personal biggest concerns are the accompanying propensity for brain aneurysms.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Slumlord,

I read your PM before I saw this. Thank you for your kind offer there and here. I will take you up on that! Perhaps in addition to my hoped for trips to meet up with 24hrcf members in New Meico and MT this summer, I should try to add Tennesee and meet up with you and a few of the TN Mafia guys there. My roots are from the deep Southeast and my mannerisms, some of my speech and coloquialisms as well as favorite food types and eating habits are straight from there. You know, Squirrels, biscuits, gravy, greens..... smile

Yeah,the Neph guys and gals don't get worried about us and have little to do with us until kidney function gets worse, since there semms to be very little they or anyone else can do.

Blessings,

MARK

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Mark;

Any info from your doc on whether you're a candidate for transplant and/or screening for donors?

Sean,
No thought of that or talk of it until I am in stage four of this disease, right now in stage three. Thank you for asking, though!

Plan is to just watch my blood work and other indicators closley, managieng it with pain meds only, all the while praying and expecting God to keep them at the higher function that they should be for thier condition for a long, long time. I probably won't post much more about my health for a good long while as I do not want to be a downer all the time here and likely not much will change for a good while.

Thanks for asking and the thought, much appreciated!

MARK

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I asked about protein restrictions. I have almost 4 deer in 2 freezers and a side of beef in another.

I was informed that "we" don't pass protein like other CKD patients. So, that was a relief for now, but just don't over do it. On average about .6grams protein per kilogram body weight.

So I was told to continue to a normal healthy lifestyle and just ride it out. 3 fruits, 4 vegs, 2 meats is usually what I try to do daily.

no supplements, no multi vitamins were advised

they did recommend a lasix(furosemide) daily to help take some load off the kidney molecular functions and also recommended an ARB (angio retention blocker) med such as Avapro or Cozaar(generic) for internal kidney blood pressure regulation.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by safariman
I probably won't post much more about my health for a good long while as I do not want to be a downer all the time here and likely not much will change for a good while.
If all the 'downer' posts around here were as uplifting as yours, this place would be the ultimate high!
Inspirational as always Mark. Keep it up. Prayers continued!

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The good Lord will answer all prayers. Never give up.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GeauxLSU
Originally Posted by safariman
I probably won't post much more about my health for a good long while as I do not want to be a downer all the time here and likely not much will change for a good while.
If all the 'downer' posts around here were as uplifting as yours, this place would be the ultimate high!
Inspirational as always Mark. Keep it up. Prayers continued!

Thank you sir, that is kind of you. I guess I am embarassed somewhat to be churning up all of this stuff so much and all of the kindness shown here. An embrrassment of riches!

Between the Reality of Gods hand on and soverignty over my life, the love and care of my beautiful wifey (Man, I sure wish that all of you could meet her, I call her my Angeldoll) my close freinds here locally including the local body of believers and all of YOU here at 24hrcf, I have MUCH to be thankful for and excited about. My future is BRIGHT, of this I have NO DOUBT.

Thank you all again, so much. I cannot say how much you and your prayers and expressed thoughts of support and encouragement mean to my wife and I.

Mark and Sherri aka Safariman and Angeldoll smile

Last edited by safariman; 02/21/12. Reason: sp.... once again.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
If I am not mistaken, the issue with the kidney cysts is genetic. Has anyone else in your family been afflicted?

Sam......

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1badf350, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 67 invisible), 2,783 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,192
Posts18,503,481
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.