Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
But I drew a fired my carry weapon tonight. I was in the basement of the daughters house reloading a bunch of 45ACPwhen my wife jumped through the door and dropped the laundery. Now in 33 years of knowing this lady I have never heard her scream, she just is not the screaming type, but this was a close as I have ever heard her to a real scream. There were three Boerboels in the yard, one in our duck pen doing it's best to kill our ducks, one just watching and one stalking the wife. I hit the back yard and drew the 1911. three quick rounds into the ground and all I saw were Boerboel butts.My daughter was on the phone with the owner and he was begging me not to shoot his dogs. He can move pretty fast when his thousand dollar dogs are in my sights. All ended well and I think he will work harder at keeping them in.

So when some ask why I carry every day all day and wonder if I live in some sort of paranoia I will just smile and know I carry because I love my family and my farm.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Scott F
...one stalking the wife. I hit the back yard and drew the 1911. three quick rounds into the ground and all I saw were Boerboel butts.My daughter was on the phone with the owner and he was begging me not to shoot his dogs. He can move pretty fast when his thousand dollar dogs are in my sights. All ended well and I think he will work harder at keeping them in.
I bet you his memory would work a lot better had you killed that one as a firm reminder. You are a better man than me.

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Any dog should be shot having a name like that.....

If 'ya can't put hot sauce on it, it ain't worth eat'n....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hey, Scott - glad you were ready, and hope the ducks - and your wife - are all OK. You probably showed more restraint than many among us would. With any luck, the neighbor gained some essential knowledge and respect.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You are a better man than I Scott, they would have been dead meat in my yard, especially the one menacing my wife.

Most certainly if it was a breed such as they are.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Scott, I would have had to drop the dog

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Shot into the ground? Good thing you don't live in New Hampshire, Scott! laugh

I'm better when I move.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by FlaRick
Shot into the ground? Good thing you don't live in New Hampshire, Scott! laugh

In his situation, the exact same way it already did...or would in Florida wink

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I had never heard of a Boerboel until now. Those dogs would scare the hell out of me too.

�Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program." -- Milton Friedman
S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I try to get along with that neighbor even if he is more than trying at times. Second time in a week I have called him to tell him is dogs were running free on my place. He has seen me carrying, I open carry on the farm sometimes and now he knows I will shoot. I could hear him talking to my daughter begging me not to shoot his dogs. I think this may motivate him to keep them home. The next time they threaten human or livestock there will be Boerboel blood and body parts.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Scott I took a cold bite from a timber rattler a few years back running some Pex irrigation pipe for one our gardens close to the timber..made a believer out of me as I don't leave home without my 1911 anymore.

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Scott F,

The one "stalking the wife" would have been fired upon if it was my wife. If the duck hunter didn't leave from fear it would know what heaven is like.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Good for you.

I generally give the owner a heads up, but if they are seriously after people, well....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hindsight is 20/20 but if that solves the problem then you are miles ahead of dealing with a yard full of dead dogs.

Right now you are way ahead of the game assuming no dead ducks. Sounds good to just start killin but in the real world lots of unintended consequences.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
But I drew a fired my carry weapon tonight. I was in the basement of the daughters house reloading a bunch of 45ACPwhen my wife jumped through the door and dropped the laundery. Now in 33 years of knowing this lady I have never heard her scream, she just is not the screaming type, but this was a close as I have ever heard her to a real scream. There were three Boerboels in the yard, one in our duck pen doing it's best to kill our ducks, one just watching and one stalking the wife. I hit the back yard and drew the 1911. three quick rounds into the ground and all I saw were Boerboel butts.My daughter was on the phone with the owner and he was begging me not to shoot his dogs. He can move pretty fast when his thousand dollar dogs are in my sights. All ended well and I think he will work harder at keeping them in.

So when some ask why I carry every day all day and wonder if I live in some sort of paranoia I will just smile and know I carry because I love my family and my farm.
excuse me but what is a boerboel ?? understand a dog but never heard of that breed

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ringman
Scott F,

The one "stalking the wife" would have been fired upon if it was my wife.
Why on earth would your wife stalk his wife and even if she would, would it really warrant shooting her? crazy

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

What in the hell is a Boerboel?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Scott, very glad to hear no one was seriously injured

I had to Google it. Boerboel is not a breed I have run into before, even though I like mastiffs.

You were very kind, to let them off with a warning. If they come back, it means they're either really dumb, or ready for a fight...and I'd be ready to drop them without hesitation.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yeah, give the neighbor a warning if their dogs are causing problems. Pretty easy to tell if a stray dog is just goofing off around the cows.

I found 3 dogs so far this year that needed to get 270'd.

Found about 4 more that just needed to get hollered at and chased off with the pickup.

Yesterday afternoon my dad was looking out the window and noticed the horses acting weird. Walked down and here's a big goofy dog being a dumbass. Old horses and they weren't taking any chit from the dog so it was a harmless situation.

Dad hollers at the dog and here stands up a drunk Indian who sitting over in some trees. Turns out he was looking for sheds and wound up 'resting' in the little horse pasture. Dad said well whatever move it along.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Boerboel

[Linked Image]

I killed a Pit mix that had killed several goats. Mostly my neighbors but one of ours. A 22lr threaded through the ribs dropped it and two the head to be positive it was dead.

Next time shoot one to teach the neighbor you are not joking around.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (2500HD, 1minute, 007FJ, 1936M71, 1234, 63 invisible), 2,563 guests, and 1,348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,559
Posts18,473,130
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.