Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Yeah I'd shoot that fugger just for lookin dangerous.

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Farmer/rancher back home had had enough of some local trash that let their dogs run free. He called them up to come get their dogs that were loose. They exclaimed that their dogs weren't running loose. He replied back that they were correct, that they were laying in his pasture with bullets to the head. Didn't have problems after that.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I shot a neighbours dog a few years ago and became the most unpopular person in the neighbourhood.
The owners version was I saw her dog walking down the road, raced out the gate and shot it. That's what she told everyone that night on the phone.
The real version was her dog came up through our paddock, harassed a paddock full of calves, bit two calves, carried on from there to our house cause it heard my kids pet goat. It went round the house and killed the goat just as my son was coming out to feed it then growled at him, snapped at him and took off down the road when he threw the goats milk bottle at it. That was when I took off down the road with the .44-40 and shot it. Then I took it to her house and dumped it on the lawn.
She had been warned by me before that about her dog being on our land.

I now have zero tolerance for wandering dogs.
I keep my dogs under control, if other people can't do the same I put their dog in the permanent "lay down, now stay" position.

The original international turd
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Consider making a vicious dog complaint to the authorities.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Yeah, give the neighbor a warning if their dogs are causing problems. Pretty easy to tell if a stray dog is just goofing off around the cows.

I found 3 dogs so far this year that needed to get 270'd.

Found about 4 more that just needed to get hollered at and chased off with the pickup.

Yesterday afternoon my dad was looking out the window and noticed the horses acting weird. Walked down and here's a big goofy dog being a dumbass. Old horses and they weren't taking any chit from the dog so it was a harmless situation.

Dad hollers at the dog and here stands up a drunk Indian who sitting over in some trees. Turns out he was looking for sheds and wound up 'resting' in the little horse pasture. Dad said well whatever move it along.

You know "batschit" when you see it!

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I bet you guys have interesting "guests" from time to time.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There would have been one dead dog there. Glad you and yours came through fine Scott.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by ldholton
excuse me but what is a boerboel ?? understand a dog but never heard of that breed

Look here for description and pictures. https://www.google.com/search?client=ubuntu&channel=fs&q=boerboel&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You're a good man Scott and a better man than me.

After looking that breed up you are most definitely a better man than me.

Last edited by derby_dude; 02/21/12. Reason: Add sentence.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
Consider making a vicious dog complaint to the authorities.

We are blessed to have a really good sheriff here. I plan to make a visit to his office in the morning. I will let him know I have seen these same three dogs on my place twice in the last seven days. We have sheep, llamas, and ducks as well as two dogs. I think he will see it my way as well as advise me on what to do to protect my farm and myself.

IC B3

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Stray dogs ranging on cattle land has long been an issue with cattle farmers. As a kid, I took care of such problems when I could. Neighborhood boys would shoot their .22's at roving dogs on their places and these dogs got smart, knowing just how far they needed to be.

That worked until they got to our place. .22LR range was a mistake for those dogs, because a certain teenage boy with a .244 Rem 40XB, moving 60 gr. Sierra's at a very respectable clip, was ready for them. A good number ended their roaming careers right there. Buzzards harassing new born calves didn't fare very well, either.

DF

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ranger1
I bet you guys have interesting "guests" from time to time.

I got to drive a cop SUV once in hot pursuit after the cop got out and ran though some trees after the perp.....grin

My dad actually got the guy out in a field. Jumped out of the pickup with an ax handle. Dude(out of towner, stole a new pickup and ended up down on the riverbottom, crashed....) was so tired he just layed down.

Never any bad trouble though.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Message to the owner, "This one's on me, next one's on you."

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hahaha - The cuzzins are ALWAYS entertaining folks - and generally pretty decent too.

S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Oh and one more point, lambs will be here any day now. During lambing I stay on eagle watch, cougar watch, bear watch, and dog watch. The eagles get yelled at and chased, the rest are not treated so nice.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just re-read - I guess the out of towners can be just as entertaining.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Cuzzin was from Harlem(MT), go figure.....grin

Last edited by SamOlson; 02/21/12.
S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by crosshair
Message to the owner, "This one's on me, next one's on you."

Message has been sent and then stated verbaly. He was pretty ticked I weoud shoot one of his thousand dollar dogs for chasing a duck but he got the message to keep his fences up and his dogs at home before he got pissed and hung up on my daughter.

The timing was right as he heard my shots over my daughters phone and then could hear them for real as we are only about seven hundred yards apart as the crow flies. He is pissed but he got the message.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Scott, you are more even tempered than I and more level headed too. I would have been going for the triple and getting it done rfn. Magnum Man

S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
If there is a next time that may well be what happens. So far tonights exercise achieved the desired results without the loss of blood or a neighborhood feud. That was my goal. I will talk to the sheriff and my neighbor tomorrow and see if I can ensue peace and harmony. wink

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1badf350, 1936M71, 55 invisible), 2,338 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,043
Posts18,500,820
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.