Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

WTF is a .270?

Travis

"30-06 Improved" for you Montana boys.
grin

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

GB1

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
With all this time on your hands, you could get Rick to give you a moderator job for a week or two..... with the power to punt. Now that would be funny.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
some pawn shop round.. good for shooting stray dogs and jack lighted deer..

Sounds a little ghetto but I'll look into it.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
[quote=shrapnel] About a year or two later I was in Walmart getting a Flu shot. They were giving Pneumonia shots too. I said, "give me one of those too". The nurse said they were for old folks. I said "hit me".

I have had one of each this year, pneumonia shot has worked so far, the flu shot has not frown

Was supposed to be on a plane to the UK Monday night, I feel like death on a shingle and the thoughts of even moving off the couch just makes me want to hurl and pass out. JOY ! NOT ! frown crazy
You're probably aware that the Pneumonia vaccine only works on one of the two types of Pneumonia, the Bacterial type. Viral Pneumonia has no vaccine.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I hope you start feeling better soon. Remember - Toes forward are way better than toes upward! laugh

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[bleep] this chit! while some people get to lay around, I gotta go finish moving.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
[bleep] this chit! while some people get to lay around, I gotta go finish moving.

Use the GTO for the little boxes. Bet it speeds things up.

Travis

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
sure is!
Ask anyone with lung cancer!

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by shrapnel
I have been home since Tuesday last week sicker than a dog. I got a shot that helped some, but I am a long ways from being better. I have never spent so much time on the Campfire as I have this past week and yes there is something worse than pneumonia, a thread that won't quit with 2 guys calling each other names and no end to the debate.

No wonder I am not getting any better...

my son has been home from college with viral pneumonia for almost two weeks......think he's probably going to have to drop the semester. yesterday was the first day he was really up and around since he came home. bad chit.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ColsPaul
sure is!
Ask anyone with lung cancer!

or "COPD!"

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

IC B3

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Way I understand it, there is three different types of Pneumonia, and it's progressive. Each time you get it, it get's easier to get, and it get's worse.

I've been lucky to have never had it, but my Wife a Michigan has had it three times... each time it has been worse and has laid her up for a longer period of time...

I had whooping cough last year and thought that was bad, but as others have said there is always something worse!

Phil

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Is There Anything Worse Than Pneumonia?

I think so...

I have heard that Ingwe recently sneezed and his balls fell off, or something like that. wink

John

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes, some illnesses are worse - even much worse in some cases - but it may not feel that way when you are down with pneumonia. Certainly sympathize with you, having been there a few times now - primarily because the first bout with bacterial type many years ago (that I did know I had until way late) did quite a bit of damage and left me more susceptible to recurrence. Also complicted by some asthma troubles.

One thing I do know - stay down - rest seems to be a big factor in recovery.

Are you dealing with bacterial or viral? I ask because, fortunate for me with bacterial, a course of Zithromycin still seems to knock it out fairly soon - especially when combined with a course of prednisone. Also doing 3 or 4 times a day on the nebulizer with a bronchodilator helps keep the mucous moving - coughing - this helps.

In more recent years, have been using a breatheable corticosteroid every day to supress the inflammation in lungs - seems to help with avoidance.

Am wishing you the best and a speedy recovery.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I have COPD, Chronic Bronchitus.It is always only 1 step away from pneumonia. If I get any cold or ?, it turns into a bronchial infection. That is two months recovery with most of the symtoms of pneumonia, Nasty stuff and I feel for you and hope for your speedy recovery.

Even if the vaccine is not for all types,protection against some is beter than none at all.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Way I understand it, there is three different types of Pneumonia, and it's progressive. Each time you get it, it get's easier to get, and it get's worse.

I've been lucky to have never had it, but my Wife a Michigan has had it three times... each time it has been worse and has laid her up for a longer period of time...

I had whooping cough last year and thought that was bad, but as others have said there is always something worse!

Phil
You may be right. There may be even more types, but I thought there were only two basic types, bacterial and viral. If you're really interested, I'd PM DocRocket. I'm not a medical professional. My sense of it is though, that the reason it seemingly is worse every time is that you are losing lung function unless there is a LONG period of time to heal up. You're also getting older all the time and losing lung function just from age, as well as losing immunity to everything, the older you get-just more infirm. Thus a bout of pneumonia this year is going to be worse than one ten years previously if you're an adult, just on the basis of age alone. Get it only a couple of years after you had it last and your lungs are still pretty effed up from the last time, and...

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Pneumonia is bad but death is probably worse. Or maybe relief?

-Piss into the wind.
U
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
U
I can empathize with Shrapnel; the two times I had pneumonia it seems like the slowest recovery imaginable. Each day felt much like the one before. Only if I thought back about how I felt several days earlier could I tell things were getting better.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by KSMITH
Pneumonia is bad but death is probably worse. Or maybe relief?
I didn't think I was gonna die for sure, but I was wondering.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hate to hear that Shrap, but don't try gall stones accompanied with Pancreatitis as a comparison!

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by shrapnel
... yes there is something worse than pneumonia, a thread that won't quit with 2 guys calling each other names and no end to the debate.

That doesn't narrow it down very much!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

509 members (10gaugeman, 117LBS, 222Sako, 219 Wasp, 1OntarioJim, 163bc, 49 invisible), 2,386 guests, and 1,369 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,921
Posts18,518,805
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.