-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I hope the mans hand turns out ok at the least, and Fn should help.

JOC was right. The 270 Winchester on a Model 70 is a great combination as is the 30/06 and 375 H&H

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bea175
I bet they blame it on your handloads before it is all over

Yup, you admitted shooting handloads in it, now your hand is [bleep] and you have a FN paper weight....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mako25
Why does everyone assume there will be a lawsuit?

Imagine the world with a few "chit happens" incidents that didn't end up being litigated.

You always hold your cards close. If the other guys get a peek they are more likely to challenge, as in go to court or negotiate down. That's just the way it is.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 16bore
Originally Posted by bea175
I bet they blame it on your handloads before it is all over

Yup, you admitted shooting handloads in it, now your hand is [bleep] and you have a FN paper weight....

As I previously stated, I was 100% factual in my conservations with FNH before I posted anything online. I know our society is lawsuit happy and often appears that lying, cheating, and stealing is the norm, but sorry cause that ain't me.

It is yet TBD how this will all playout and regardless of the outcome, I will have zero regrets in the manner in which I have responded and reacted to the events on 2/17/12.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Surgery scheduled for Feb 27th to transplant nerve tissue from leg to hand.

IC B2

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Get a lawyer for sure and get the gun...chain of custody documented...to a forensics expert. Do it yesterday. wink

I think that's good advice. I'd look for a product liability attorney with firearms experience.

I for one would love to see an objective analysis by an expert to understand just what did happen. Catastrophic happenings regarding firearms affects us all.

DF

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Get a lawyer for sure and get the gun...chain of custody documented...to a forensics expert. Do it yesterday. wink

I think that's good advice. I'd look for a product liability attorney with firearms experience.

I for one would love to see an objective analysis by an expert to understand just what did happen. Catastrophic happenings regarding firearms affects us all.

DF

no chit on the last part.....had been considering one of these as a fun varmint pistol for gophers......be one thing if bad handloads blew it up but it sure looks like an out of battery firing.....would really like to see an independent lab look it over and give their findings....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

DF

Ahh they are all over the TV channels---Lots of PI attorney's

The best is out of Dallas, forgot his name, he has filed many LS against firearm firms. Set on his jury once, against Highstandard I believe on a 6 shooter saying the design was bad. He lost.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Wtxj

DF

The best is out of Dallas, forgot his name, he has filed many LS against firearm firms. Set on his jury once, against Highstandard I believe on a 6 shooter saying the design was bad. He lost.

HA! Sounds like that fancy PI dude from Dallas wasn't so smart after all, if he let you be on his jury... laugh

I'm sure he did lose that one... wink

I'm thinking that would be an interesting way to spend a few days.

DF

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Lots of folks, it seems, hate attorneys, or at least talk that way.

That is, until they need one... shocked

I'm not one, have no ax to grind, just saying... whistle

DF

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

That is, until they need one...
shocked

DF

Bingo. Still, even when they need one, they resent the hell out of it too.

War Damn Eagle!

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Atty works his azz off, spending lots of time and money on a big case. Then, when it's won, clients resent paying the fee, when they were out nothing up front.

Without the contingency arrangement regarding cost of litigation, most litigants would be on the outside, looking in. Only the fat cats and big dogs would be able to play. This arrangement levels the playing field.

Our system may not be perfect (it isn't), but it's the best system going.

And, I'm not an atty, just an observer... smile

DF

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Wtxj

DF

HA! Sounds like that fancy PI dude from Dallas wasn't so smart after all, if he let you be on his jury... laugh

I'm sure he did lose that one... wink

I'm thinking that would be an interesting way to spend a few days.

DF

Looked it up ------.
Still in business.

I guess it was fun had all the experts from Conn in this Federal court.
As far as the out come, cousin was twirling the 6 shooter like a cowboy (22 pistol was loaded) and it went off. Hit young cousin and cut his spine and put him in a wheel chair for life. WE (the jury) just felt like it was the cowboy cousin and not the guns fault.

Bad part of being part of a Fed jury pool it last for a year so once a month you went to court for a year to see if you got picked. When I got picked, I went up to the judge, with all of the lawyers, and said I don't know if I hear good enough to catch everything. Judge looked at me and said can you hear me right now, I said yes, he said go sit in the jury box.
All 12 voted the same way.

We all felt sorry for the young man, just didn't think the design of the weapon was at fault.

West Texas area

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by FAIR_CHASE
I began with a 20 round mag loaded with hand loads

As the lawyer cringed and slunk down into his chair...

I hope you heal well. Sorry for your troubles. That had to hurt.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by .280Rem

That is, until they need one...
shocked

DF

Bingo. Still, even when they need one, they resent the hell out of it too.

Then the day comes their son or daughter is accepted into law school, and they're as proud as can be.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I wonder if the FN is prone to having a firing pin stuck in the fired position by brass particles liberated by the extractor or particles liberated during the firing cycle. If the pin sticks then it may either fire out of battery or just as it closes. This has happened in some rifles, the original Mini-14 comes to mind, where full auto fire occurred. Just some speculation driven by curiosity.

In any event, IMHO, the design is defective as the pistol is unable to contain and deflect gasses from a burst cartridge, regardless of the cause. There is nothing to prevent factory ammunition from being overloaded or defective. I had toyed with the idea of purchasing one of these pistols, but the polymer frame turned me off.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Hope your hand heals ok. Somewhat similar incident happens to a local deputy. He was shooting his Glock with factory ammo and it blew up. His hand healed and he is back to work. Ammo company and Glock are arguing back and forth about liability. No resolution yet.

Another local deputy ( my BIL) was shot at close range by a .45. The bullet went through his hand a into his upper leg. He is badly scarred but healed and back to work. The docs were amazing in putting him back together.

Good luck.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Surgery went well yesterday. Repaired the severed nerves and removed most of the schrapnel. It will be a few weeks until it is determined to what degree the surgery was successful.

[Linked Image]

F
F
been there in a motorcycle accident.lost some feeling in my thumb and 1st and 2nd fingers otherwise turned out to be a good job.

a bad day hunting is better than a good day at work.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mmmmm, yummy. Looks like the slides my dad took of his doctor buddies doing their job in Vietnam. Good luck from all of us.
And I thought gun control mean using both hands!

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

514 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 308ld, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 222Sako, 54 invisible), 1,709 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,125
Posts18,523,041
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.