Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I am so f'ing pissed.

Passed in the Senate, killed by 4 a-holes (4 to 3 vote) in a house sub-committee. I Hate Libs and Rinos.

Let's vote these SOB's out, VA Men!

Dave

Last edited by DaveDaDeerslayer; 02/23/12.

Don't fire unless fired upon. But if they want a war let it begin here.

Captain John Parker, commander of the militiamen at Lexington, Massachusetts, on sighting British Troops (attributed), April 19, 1775

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I can't believe you guys stand for this type of travesties to be put on you. Vote if you feel you must but how long have you been voting and where has it gotten you? just saying smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
At a time like this were's all the seperation of church and state?

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A lot of the horsey [bleep] libtards were worried about being shot on Sunday. Not Mon-Sat, just Sunday.

Farm Bureau sold out.... Crapola

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Help, I'm being repressed eek Where the ACLU sick

Seriously, I can drink beer, watch football, BUT CAN'T HUNT, WTF frown

BLUE LAWS (circa 1650, go to church evil spawn).

Bunch o' BullSshitt

Captain John Parker, commander of the militiamen at Lexington, Massachusetts, on sighting British Troops (attributed), April 19, 1775
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
1,000 round Sunday practice sessions are now in order.....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
post the name of the 4 who voted it down....

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I just don't understand the Farm Bureau thing, must be a money trail there somewhere. 1000 rounds and a nice ride on a real LOUD dirt bike. smirk

163bc,
Still trying to find names and how they voted. R. Lee Ware, R-Powhatan is the Chairman of the Ag, Chesapeake, Natural Resources subcommittee. VDGIF came out last summer in favor of Sunday hunting. These political whores just smell which way the wind blows. Never mind what the wildlife biologists recommend. A-holes mad

Dave

Last edited by DaveDaDeerslayer; 02/24/12.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
the Farm Bureau's official response smells like bullchitt to me.

they claim it will not increase the number of youth hunters...but with kids in school monday thru friday, gimme a brake. when are they supposed to go?

also sounds to me like the far right leaning bible thumpers have teamed up with left-wing tree hugging douchebags to promote a common goal in that case, and the average Joe gets screwed.

under what premise can they constitutionally dictate what a landowner does on his own land on sunday?

disclaimer...i have no beef with anyone who thinks THEY should be in church Sunday, or any other day....but someone wants to tell me what i can & cant do on Sunday because of their beliefs?

yup....smells like bullchitt.....

============================================================

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Yup,

It ain't a hunting issue, it's a FREEDOM issue.

Who the Farg are they to tell me what I can or can't do on Sunday on MY OWN LAND!

OK, how bout this! NO football, beer, fishing, boating, watching TV, etc. on Sunday. You name it!

I don't give a [bleep] what you believe in, don't try to tell me what to believe in.

Dave

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's all about landowner rights if you ask me. Some dumbazz horse scmucks don't get it. Old money and deep pockets.It's private [bleep] property, not like the horse [bleep] are allowed to be on it anyway, unless you let them.

The left rides again.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I'm finding out who voted against and sending their opponent $20 in the next election. mad

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Ware, Wright, Edmunds, and Fariss voted it down!
Yes, VAFB is always against Sunday hunting, they are controlled mostly by smaller, non producing "farms" owned by people that probably don't much like hunting anyway.
The biggest player in this year's effort was the azzholes in the VAHDA(Virginia Hunting Dog Alliance). Kirby Burch and Jim Hackett, have R. Lee Ware wrapped around their little finger. Along with the organization's lies and misrepresentation of their membership, they were driving the trainwreck in the AGCNR subcommittee this year. The "hound dog alliance" sided with PETA and HSUS against the hunters of VA, and AGAINST the rights of private property ownership.
There isn't much that can be done about the VAFB, unless people start buying their farm insurance elsewhere. However, it is time to lead a backlash against the deer hound hunters that claim to know what's best for all VA hunters.
The VAHDA has convinced their membership, that Sunday hunting will lead to the end of deer hound hunting in VA, which is total BS! Deer hound hunting will lead to the end of deer hound hunting, nothing more, nothing less!
Raise hell with the House learership, and get Ware, Wright, Edmunds, and Fariss thrown off the AGCNR Committee.
1D

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I'm afraid a change will be slow in coming. The religious right, many farm owners, anti-hunting groups, even the Virginia Deer Hunters Association opposed. Not near enough Virginia deer hunters were willing to get involved. Its a ridiculous law & most other states & Canadian providence's can't understand how no hunting on Sunday laws were ever passed. As long as most Virginia hunters wait for others to do their lobbying nothing will change.

Life Members SCI & NRA. NRA Instructor & RSO. What have YOU done to support hunting & gun rights?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I keep seeing the religious right mentioned as a primary opponent of Sunday hunting. I'm wondering why it's never an issue anywhere but Virginia and the NE? I mean really, anyone think of this part of the country as devout Christian? It can't get any bluer!

I reckon if all the other Sunday anti-hunting groups were combined you'll find the reason you don't hunt on Sunday. I'm convinced religion is used as a cover for these other anti's.

All American

All the time
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
We have the same problem here in New Jersey, no Sunday hunting, sort of. In New Jersey you can get a special license called "semi-wild" to hunt pheasant, chuckars and quail on privately owned land, I've been doing it since 1963,so this Sunday hunting ban is just BS. I agree with the other posters on this site, pro football, baseball, etc. as well as trap shooting on Sunday makes no sense at all. We did recently get Sunday bowhunting on private land and State Game lands. The biggest opposition to Sunday hunting in New Jersey are bird watchers, hikers and horse riders (because they trespass on all the hunting land on Sundays) when they ride. Good Luck Va boys!

PS--almost forgot, Atlantic City gambling is open on Sundays, I guess the churches can't say anything about that because it would cut in on their Bingo!

Last edited by NJelksmacker; 02/25/12.
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by Stan V
I keep seeing the religious right mentioned as a primary opponent of Sunday hunting. I'm wondering why it's never an issue anywhere but Virginia and the NE? I mean really, anyone think of this part of the country as devout Christian? It can't get any bluer!

I reckon if all the other Sunday anti-hunting groups were combined you'll find the reason you don't hunt on Sunday. I'm convinced religion is used as a cover for these other anti's.

Guess you have not traveled or been in VA very much as MOST areas are very religious. Falwell and Pat Robertson used to get a lot of the blame. On a side note, my Senator told me he did not hear 1 church group lobby against Sunday hunting last year. Majority of the efforts were from the Farm Bureau and VA Hunting Dog Alliance.

Last edited by VAhuntr; 02/25/12.

"Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by VAhuntr
Originally Posted by Stan V

Guess you have not traveled or been in VA very much as MOST areas are very religious. Falwell and Pat Robertson used to get a lot of the blame. On a side note, my Senator told me he did not hear 1 church group lobby against Sunday hunting last year. Majority of the efforts were from the Farm Bureau and VA Hunting Dog Alliance.

That's a huge sidenote....

All American

All the time
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by 1_deuce
Ware, Wright, Edmunds, and Fariss voted it down!
Yes, VAFB is always against Sunday hunting, they are controlled mostly by smaller, non producing "farms" owned by people that probably don't much like hunting anyway.
The biggest player in this year's effort was the azzholes in the VAHDA(Virginia Hunting Dog Alliance). Kirby Burch and Jim Hackett, have R. Lee Ware wrapped around their little finger. Along with the organization's lies and misrepresentation of their membership, they were driving the trainwreck in the AGCNR subcommittee this year. The "hound dog alliance" sided with PETA and HSUS against the hunters of VA, and AGAINST the rights of private property ownership.
There isn't much that can be done about the VAFB, unless people start buying their farm insurance elsewhere. However, it is time to lead a backlash against the deer hound hunters that claim to know what's best for all VA hunters.
The VAHDA has convinced their membership, that Sunday hunting will lead to the end of deer hound hunting in VA, which is total BS! Deer hound hunting will lead to the end of deer hound hunting, nothing more, nothing less!
Raise hell with the House learership, and get Ware, Wright, Edmunds, and Fariss thrown off the AGCNR Committee.
1D

All 4 who voted against it are Republicans from areas with a lot of dog running. Why a 7 person committee, composed of members from 1 part of the state, is allowed to decide on bills for the entire state is beyond me?

"Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
This issue has been on the block many times before. Seems in the 90's, it was the religious groups that had the biggest voice to stop sunday hunting from happening. Now, the FB and hound hunters are very vocal about not letting it happen.

Va was saying that the state needed more deer shot and that hunting license sales have been dropping. Duh, give hunters more time to hunt!

I will keep sending emails and will vote accordingly.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

448 members (1OntarioJim, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 1_deuce, 10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 46 invisible), 2,127 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,263
Posts18,504,873
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.