Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 6 32 33
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
religion is (on some level) pure kookery. Was then, is now, will be forever.
A kookery expert has spoken. Afterall, you have from goo to you by way of the zoo. Kookery is something you are intimate with.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by lippygoathead
My question for the "evolutionist" is where did the "spark of life" come from and if it just "happens" then what has kept it from "happening" again and again?

Or could it be that those gorillas/apes are just to ugly to cause a few more "offshoots" in the present day....
Now you're asking about life's origin, which is not evolution. Different subject. Naturally, my answer to life's origin is that found in Genesis, i.g., God commanded the waters to bring forth all manner of living creatures, and it did as it was commanded. As to the process, that's unknown.

That is agreeable. But, to interpret that God did so in any manner that can be concocted through gnosis is suspect. That's just the way God works. There is enough there to lead the unbelievers astray. There's a good reason for that, but I'll save it. It goes against the teacher's union philosophy for sure.

Steve

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Ramblin_Razorback
There has never been a scientific theory better supported by the facts than that of evolution. ...

That statement could only be made with a lack of understanding of the physical sciences. Evolution cannot in any way, shape, or form be "better supported by the facts" than the laws of physics that can be demonstrated any day of the week in a physics or chemistry lab.

I'm speaking of scientific theory, not laws. Like heliocentric theory, gravitation theory, or evolution theory.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by eyeball
Originally Posted by eyeball
So let's see- then if asses screw apes for eons, then it will work? PS. Animal adaptation (smaller deer in the hill country from overcrowding) is not the same as evolutionary change.
Have you ever made a serious effort to study evolution?
I got a "A" in comparative anatomy in Pre-med.
How did you get through a pre-med program without acknowledging something so fundamental to biology as evolution?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
eyeball...............trh is an eggspurt on everything...haven't you figured that out by now?

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by lippygoathead
My question for the "evolutionist" is where did the "spark of life" come from and if it just "happens" then what has kept it from "happening" again and again?

Or could it be that those gorillas/apes are just to ugly to cause a few more "offshoots" in the present day....
Now you're asking about life's origin, which is not evolution. Different subject. Naturally, my answer to life's origin is that found in Genesis, i.e., God commanded the waters to bring forth all manner of living creatures, and it did as it was commanded. As to the process, that's unknown.

So, Miller-Urey has nothing to do with origins or evolution? That silly schit has been taught in every [bleep] high school in North America for over forty year.

BIG bullschit flag waving here.

Last edited by Take_a_knee; 03/14/12. Reason: spellin'
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I'd be curious how those who are anti-evolution think it is prevented from happening.

If you have
1. genetical inheritence from parents to offspring
2. genetic variance

How do you prevent evolution? Must be powerful, whatever it is. Maybe someone here could work out the math for us.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
How did you get through a pre-med program without acknowledging something so fundamental to biology as evolution?
He might have gone to a school that hadn't been ruined yet by progressives or he's past 60 a ways.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good thinking

In next class please discuss global warming

Last edited by Bushmaster1313; 03/14/12.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
The evolution folks have their proof.Chicken Little had his proof.The folks that think we come from space travelers have their proof.Muzzies have their proof.Everybody has proof.Most of it is foolish.Like the science of global warming,that used to be global cooling,that now is climate change.Well at least they have decided that weather changes.So much for accepted science.Mankind-a herd of idiots chasing their tails.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Let's assume we did get here by evolution.
Big deal, it happened cause God made it that way.

And do not bring up the Big Bang.
The entire Universe once fit in a thimble?
Now that is a fairy tale!

Last edited by Bushmaster1313; 03/14/12.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by BrentD
I'd be curious how those who are anti-evolution think it is prevented from happening.

If you have
1. genetical inheritence from parents to offspring
2. genetic variance

How do you prevent evolution? Must be powerful, whatever it is. Maybe someone here could work out the math for us.

No rational, educated person doubts that species evolve. That fact has absolutely no ability to explain how we got here in the first place, IE Miller-Urey.

The math HAS been done, by a lot of Ph.D geneticists/math whizzes, and they say 3.8 Billion times about a million or so years would be required for it to have ever occurred, and there are a LOT of reasons why the universe could never be that old. So, yes, the math has been done, and honest scientists, a lot of them secular-humanist/atheists themselves, say evolution as it is taught to high-schoolers and Bio 101 college freshmen is, as Teller would say, BULLSCHIT!

It was either Watson or Crick (the discoverers of the DNA helix) would postulated that life got here from aliens. He, early on, understood the cell was so complex it could never, ever have evolved from non-life, ala Miller-Urey.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jdm953
The evolution folks have their proof.Chicken Little had his proof.The folks that think we come from space travelers have their proof.Muzzies have their proof.Everybody has proof.Most of it is foolish.Like the science of global warming,that used to be global cooling,that now is climate change.Well at least they have decided that weather changes.So much for accepted science.Mankind-a herd of idiots chasing their tails.

In general, there's proof of evolution. Not so for Chicken Little, the space-people, or muzzies. That's kind of the point. As to the climate stuff- there's a great example of the scientific process vetting itself; that's one of the nice things about science versus religion. It's not always pretty but it evolves towards the truth.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I have seen so many fads come and go.Evolution is just one more.Long before man understands the universe he will crash and burn.Then its back to the caves to start all over again just like he always does.He thinks he is advancing.He isnt smart enough to see how foolish he is.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by Penguin
We gonna solve this one again?

I've long thought that the theory of evolution is so controversial not because of what it says about the origins of man as what it says about the nature of a god who operates in such a manner. The theory of evolution is sweeping, majestic, operating on a time scale that could be called cosmic.

If a god is involved in this process, and I think there is one, then what this process reveals about god contradicts every known religion in the world... save Buddhism which in fact almost relies on evolution if you study it enough. The god of evolution does not inject himself into petty political arguments. He isn't jealous or prone to temper tantrums. He would find himself immune to homicidal rages attributed to him in religious texts. And he wouldn't give a good damn whether you believed in him or what you insist his proper name is. If he speaks at all it is in a whisper.

This I think is what makes people so mad. They want a god who thinks and acts like them. We don't like the way the real world god seems to operate. :p

Will

I thought about writing something, but you just pretty much said whatever I was gonna say, only better. I'm with you on this one.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
bristoe pretty well summed it up.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
In 1972 I went to college to learn the truth.After a couple years the only difference I could see between the science teachers and the hell fire and brimstone preachers back home was the collar.
If a person wants proof he will be looking his entire life and will not find it.He can find opinion but thats all.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
No rational, educated person doubts that species evolve. That fact has absolutely no ability to explain how we got here in the first place, IE Miller-Urey.

So your only objection to evolution is the intitial occurence of life but nothing since then is a problem with you? In that case, I'd say you deviate hugely from most posting here.

The math HAS been done, by a lot of Ph.D geneticists/math whizzes, and they say 3.8 Billion times about a million or so years would be required for it to have ever occurred, and there are a LOT of reasons why the universe could never be that old.

REALLY? Care to give a few good citations on math that says it would take at least 3.8 billion-million years for life to evolve? I'd say that there is probably less than about 1% of biologists that would agree. Probably less than 1/10th of 1/10th of 1% but I'll grant you a few orders of magnitude if you can name say - an even dozen at reputable institutions.

pSo, yes, the math has been done, and honest scientists, a lot of them secular-humanist/atheists themselves, say evolution as it is taught to high-schoolers and Bio 101 college freshmen is, as Teller would say, BULLSCHIT!

So, I see you equate honesty with holding your preconceived notions of evolutionary time.

It was either Watson or Crick (the discoverers of the DNA helix) would postulated that life got here from aliens. He, early on, understood the cell was so complex it could never, ever have evolved from non-life, ala Miller-Urey.

Lots has happened since W & C you know. Rather lots.

But in the meantime, alien DNA or not, you are good with the 30 million (+/- 20 million) species evolving from this bit of alien DNA? Cool. You stand out from this crowd of antis.

Last edited by BrentD; 03/14/12. Reason: /

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
You do realize the climate folks ran in a 30 year long circle only to find what everyone already knew.They are still wanting to argue thats why I call it foolish.The evolution people are running in a bigger circle,thats all.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by jdm953
In 1972 I went to college to learn the truth.After a couple years the only difference I could see between the science teachers and the hell fire and brimstone preachers back home was the collar.
If a person wants proof he will be looking his entire life and will not find it.He can find opinion but thats all.

A sad waste of tuition dollars, that was. wink

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
Page 4 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 6 32 33

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

109 members (257 mag, 10Glocks, 300_savage, 3dtestify, 35, 12 invisible), 1,576 guests, and 924 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,538
Posts18,531,091
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.