-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 32 33
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Really? You see no difference between a religion telling you the world is 6000 years old and evolutionary theory?

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Real Hawkeye: There has never been a scientific theory better supported by the facts than that of evolution.
Am not expressing any views on the theory of evolution today, but cannot help but ponder this. OK,if this is said by a person who knows little about science and has not engaged many scientific actions - then chalk it up to ignorance. But, if this person professes to know and do science - OUCH ! - something went badly wrong.

Last edited by CCCC; 03/14/12.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
What religion do you want to talk about.I was a geology major so I see things on that time scale.I do understand your question.It comes from the first book of the Tora.If a person reads it and assumes a few things he can come up with that number.Its not what it says.You see it only says "in the beginning" it does not say when that was.Now if you read most english bibles say it was void and without form.The problem is the word was.Let me give an example-I saw Nagasaki and it was void and without form.Ya see it had become that way not created that way.I dont do 6000 years.

Last edited by jdm953; 03/14/12.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by CCCC
The Real Hawkeye: There has never been a scientific theory better supported by the facts than that of evolution.
Am not expressing any views on the theory of evolution today, but cannot help but ponder this. OK,if this is said by a person who knows little about science and has not engaged many scientific actions - then chalk it up to ignorance. But, if this person professes to know and do science - OUCH ! - something went badly wrong.
I'm a veritable Master of Science. Got a piece of paper hanging on the wall that says so. wink

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Ramblin_Razorback
There has never been a scientific theory better supported by the facts than that of evolution. ...

That statement could only be made with a lack of understanding of the physical sciences. Evolution cannot in any way, shape, or form be "better supported by the facts" than the laws of physics that can be demonstrated any day of the week in a physics or chemistry lab.

I'm speaking of scientific theory, not laws. Like heliocentric theory, gravitation theory, or evolution theory.

Even theories in the physical sciences are better supported by the facts than evolution is. Yes, biology is more of a science than the so-called social sciences are, but biology is not at the same level of science that the physical sciences are. I kinda feel a little sorry for evolutionary biologists because they're trying to make chicken salad out of chicken feathers (or chicken waste, if you prefer) in terms of science.

IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Ramblin_Razorback
There has never been a scientific theory better supported by the facts than that of evolution. ...

That statement could only be made with a lack of understanding of the physical sciences. Evolution cannot in any way, shape, or form be "better supported by the facts" than the laws of physics that can be demonstrated any day of the week in a physics or chemistry lab.

+ 4.1Billion

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by eyeball
But, how come sometimes I just feel like monkeying around, Uh, and I like bananas too. wink
More Freud than Darwin, most likely.

OK, seriously the post of the year.

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
So, Miller-Urey has nothing to do with origins or evolution? That silly schit has been taught in every [bleep] high school in North America for over forty year.

BIG bullschit flag waving here.

Many of the current HS texts have a chapter for origins of life seperate from those covering evolution.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So let's see- then if asses screw apes for eons, then it will work? PS. Animal adaptation (smaller deer in the hill country from overcrowding) is not the same as evolutionary change.
Have you ever made a serious effort to study evolution?
I got a "A" in comparative anatomy in Pre-med.
How did you get through a pre-med program without acknowledging something so fundamental to biology as evolution?

Odd question, particularly since there are plenty of doctors, trained in top medical schools and having completed rigorous residency programs, who do not accept the theory of evolution.

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Originally Posted by pira114
A long long time ago, people had FAITH in a Sun god. Or Tree god. Or a coyote shape shifter god.

And a long long time ago, the best scientific minds KNEW the earth was flat. And it was the center of the universe.

Good luck with this debate. Again.

To your first point, religion is (on some level) pure kookery. Was then, is now, will be forever.

To your second point, the beauty of science is that it... uh... evolves. It's NOT dogma; it self-corrects.

To your third point, yes, this is a pointless debate. smile

The problem occurs when people who call themselves scientists make their "science" dogma. We've seen it happen with both evolution and "climate change." Both of those areas of study have had a lot more out-and-out fraud than any other fields of "scientific" study, with the possible exception of alchemy.

IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by BrentD

Lots has happened since W & C you know. Rather lots.

But in the meantime, alien DNA or not, you are good with the 30 million (+/- 20 million) species evolving from this bit of alien DNA? Cool. You stand out from this crowd of antis.

No, I think that is BULLSCHIT as well. Miller-Urey notwithstanding, the entire evolution enterprise is a [bleep] fraud, it always has been.

THERE ARE NO TRANSITIONAL FOSSILS, NONE. Darwin predicted they would be found, they obstinantly refuse to turn up.

You're right a lot has been learned about the cell since the 50's, it is a LOT more complicated than even they thought at the time. This means it is even less probable/possible for mankind to have ever crawled out of the slime.

It never happened dude. You figure out what your alternative belief system should be. I already have.

Last edited by Take_a_knee; 03/14/12. Reason: spellin'
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Really? You see no difference between a religion telling you the world is 6000 years old and evolutionary theory?

Both are demonstrably faith-based.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

Demonstrably? Please so demonstrate how evolutionary biology is faith based?

I'm still waiting on someone to show me the math how genetics + genetic variation cannot equal evolution. Seems to be no takers.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F

But in the meantime, alien DNA or not, you are good with the 30 million (+/- 20 million) species evolving from this bit of alien DNA? Cool. You stand out from this crowd of antis.

No, I think that is BULLSCHIT as well. Miller-Urey notwithstanding, the entire evolution enterprise is a [bleep] fraud, it always has been.

THERE ARE NO TRANSITIONAL FOSSILS, NONE. Darwin predicted they would be found, they obstinantly refuse to turn up.

You're right a lot has been learned about the cell since the 50's, it is a LOT more complicated than even they thought at the time. This means it is even less probable/possible for mankind to have ever crawled out of the slime.

It never happened dude. You figure out what your alternative belief system should be. I already have.

There are thousands, if not tens of thousands, of transitional fossils that have been found.

Murphy was an optimist.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
THERE ARE NO TRANSITIONAL FOSSILS, NONE. Darwin predicted they would be found, they obstinantly refuse to turn up....

It never happened dude. ...

fish

Bird

Getting Hungry now

Last edited by Crockettnj; 03/14/12.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Flyfast

There are thousands, if not tens of thousands, of transitional fossils that have been found.

So, a past curator of the British Museum is FOS? He said he didn't [bleep]' have any. I guess you had 'em hid out.

Imagine Red on the 70's show.....

"DUMBASS!"

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

So, a past curator of the British Museum is FOS? He said he didn't [bleep]' have any. I guess you had 'em hid out.

Imagine Red on the 70's show.....

"DUMBASS!"

Chill out.

You can disagree and debate without calling someone a dumbass or dropping "PH" bombs every 2 seconds. Cant you? Not very Christian of you.

Doesnt the Book say something about how to treat people?

E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Yea, one of the last ones they found, The Missing Link, turned out to be a pigs tooth. Of course, they had that retraction in small print on the last page.

Last edited by eyeball; 03/14/12.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Crockettnj
THERE ARE NO TRANSITIONAL FOSSILS, NONE. Darwin predicted they would be found, they obstinantly refuse to turn up....

It never happened dude. ...

fish

Bird

Getting Hungry now

Damn you're dumb. You post a picture of a fossil of a long extinct fish and trot out that silly-assed archeopteryx. When I went to high school I was assured that arche was a link between dinosaurs/reptiles and modern birds. Now they've admitted it was a [bleep] bird and you are dumb enough to cite that as proof of evolution.

E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E

Libs lie, He doesn't.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Page 5 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 32 33

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

509 members (1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 56 invisible), 2,201 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,283
Posts18,505,128
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.