-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I would have expected something like the raid on Entebbe, The Miami FBI shoot out, or The Battle of the Bulge to fit the bill as "fire fight". ( extreme examples picked for illustration, only )

Not necessarily equal opposing forces I would have expected.

In the video I would hear one, sometimes two bullets.
Then an epithet from camera-gunner. Then full auto x 4.

I'm not saying the sides should have been equal to make a fire "fight". Seemed like if anything it was a bit of a one sided affair.

M

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Sometimes you just have to light 'em up. It's a much better show at night though. I have fond memories of the night of July 4, 1969. We didn't have conventional fireworks, but we made do with what we had. ;)The delta did rock that night. If you fire it once you gotta clean it, so you may as well get it good and dirty.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
FF's are usually not battles but a battle can have a multitude of fire fights ongoing at the same time..some more intense than others but doesn't diminish the fact.

This vid was just a brief window in time,we don't know what preceded or followed but to question their bravery or lack of polish under fire leaves much to be desired.Some of these guys have "been there done that" as many as 3 or 4 tours so I could care less if they've been shot at a half dozen times or hundreds..You won't hear any derogatory comments from me only praise and admiration for those who carry the torch these days.God bless and protect them all...

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
thank you Woody, for that voice of reason and experience.

tis evident it's needed in this discussion.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks for posting the link.

He seemed to be having trouble with the SAW. I guy I worked with at Cabelas who'd done 2 tours in 'Stan was very unkind to the SAW... said they sucked.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
In a situation like this, a sniper and his spotter would have been an asset. But, like was said nobody knows the details. Also, wheres the Milkor MGL-140 grenade launcher, that thing is badass.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit (G47)
Originally Posted by 243WSSM
[quote=eh76 (G2)]
Anyone with eyes and a brain is qualified to comment, and their comments are just as good as all the ones previous.

unless your keyboard is in braile it's pretty evident you've eyes.

it's the second criteria that you've never been able to quantify sufficiently.

but keep typing monkey boy, you're liable to spill out a sonnet one of these days! crazy

The first dozen posts were all critical, it was pretty unanimous that this was poorly executed training mission at best. But when someone branded as the libtard offers pretty much the same opinion that isn't okay, he's not qualified.

This libtard was a nuclear missile analyst, and involved with intelligence assessment of firefight situations because the top secret clearance and ability to reason was there with the proximity to intel group. This lib opinion was valued in times of war.

That was a lame azz exercise at best. It was pathetic and it doesn't matter who says it, that is the facts. You know it, I know it, and you sound like an idiot trying to take someone to task for saying so.

STFU Gerbil.

The major difference between belief and fact is those who believe something have come to a conclusion no facts will contradict. Well informed people are open to new facts that oppose their beliefs. That also defines an open and closed mind.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
nuclear missile analyst..

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Steve_AL
Sometimes you just have to light 'em up. It's a much better show at night though. I have fond memories of the night of July 4, 1969. We didn't have conventional fireworks, but we made do with what we had. ;)The delta did rock that night. If you fire it once you gotta clean it, so you may as well get it good and dirty.

It was a different war buddy, you kept your rifle clean in that one. There's guys that have to keep their rifle clean and there's guys that wouldn't think of letting one their lives depend on be left dirty.

I assessed tunnel rat intel, those were [bleep] studs, trust me, they were crazy but crazy good. I've got firsthand tunnel debrief stories that gave me nightmares and I wasn't the one in the tunnels. These guys were certifiable.

I've had a best friend (deceased) that volunteered for a mission that I still cringe to even think about. We needed to find a POW camp where we suspected there were at least 1500 of our guys, it was constantly being moved. This guy volunteered to stand alone and be taken prisoner so we could follow his whereabouts to this POW camp. prior to that he had done a solid number of tunnel infiltration missions, which I gotta tell you I could never think of doing.

The whole thing went wrong, and we lost him, he was taken prisoner and we lost him. That has me needing to take a break here.

Nevermind I haven't talked about him for 20 yeares.

The major difference between belief and fact is those who believe something have come to a conclusion no facts will contradict. Well informed people are open to new facts that oppose their beliefs. That also defines an open and closed mind.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
nuclear missile analyst..

That was the AFSC

SRAM missiles to be precise.

B-52 above that. 16 Short Range Attack nukes, only smaller 200 kiloton but we had a very high confidence factor there,

We didn't get into firefights we were above that so to speak. grin

Last edited by 243WSSM; 03/23/12.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I do believe Lee24 is back..

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
>..You won't hear any derogatory comments from me only praise >and admiration for those who carry the torch these days.

Carry the torch ?

Is that phrase to extol that so called display in that video, or is the verisimilitude to a battle your reason for a lofty sounding defense ?

M

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
I do believe Lee24 is back..

I have to agree.......but don't you mean Liar24?

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
496 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by eh76 (G2)
You know TRH I see a couple people qualified here to make a comment and you certainly aren't one of them.

Anyone with eyes and a brain is qualified to comment, and their comments are just as good as all the ones previous.

You don't have to have been under fire to see what that was, it was lame, let me list a couple of errors. And before jumping on my lack of qualifications that enable me to criticize you better figure out first whether you would make the same call. The call isn't bad because of who made it.

Holding the finger on a 100 round mag when the first few shots stirred up so much dust the shooter could no longer see a thing including his frigging sights. Bad bad form there. Someone leading and watching would have told him to slow down, stop wasting ammo, pick your shots.

A particular favorite is the over the head/no aiming/pull the trigger and wave the rifle from side to side in a spraying motion technique, did they teach that in basic?

Throwing a grenade? Damn but that was lame.

Everyone watching this started out trying to say the same thing nicely, that it was pretty frigging lame.

That was not a pressured fire fight, it was what should have been a relatively relaxed and controlled exercise.

Now maybe I ain't qualified to be sayin how they shoulda done it, but I have enough brains to be able to see how jacked up how they were doing it was, and you do too buddy.

As one person said before, that was embarrassing, and I'll bet their commanding officer would agree with that call, he won't be defending that circle jerk. laugh

By the way buddy, I've been under fire and I'm still here. No point in talking about it cause it doesn't matter as pertains to this.

They must be from California. Enough said

AN OATH IS NOT SOMETHING YOU GIVE BACK UNLESS YOUR A POLITICIAN!

RACISM ALWAYS EQUALS FEAR!

THE WANTS OF THE FEW SHOULD NOT OUTWEIGH THE RIGHT OF THE MANY!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Anyone with eyes and a brain is qualified to comment,

Well that leaves you out of the circle......................

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
You're kinda steppin on your dik there aren't ya wizz.What the hell is a nuclear missile analyst doing assessing fire fights? You must have a brand spanking new MOS/AFSC which I've never heard before or else you got seriously demoted.That desk jockey rash must be really gettin to ya! Laffin my azz off at you trying to play pretend..lets see some proof there Rambo! whistle

Woody
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MichaelTorre
>..You won't hear any derogatory comments from me only praise >and admiration for those who carry the torch these days.

Carry the torch ?

Is that phrase to extol that so called display in that video, or is the verisimilitude to a battle your reason for a lofty sounding defense ?

M

You ever been in combat ? Lets hear it branch,unit,place and time line? Please feel free to tell us all about yourself and post pics.

Woody
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Woody...if it is Lee24...you are in for a loooooooong thread.... grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
My azzclown column is almost full guess I'll just start a new one with these two morons.. grin

Woody
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
my credentials ?
heh

your pedagogy seems to be enough to satisfy the august board at large.

M

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (10gaugemag, 222Sako, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 55 invisible), 2,628 guests, and 1,297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,516
Posts18,509,571
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.