Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
This week I lost a pound...

Or I took a bigger crap that usual before I jumped on the scale wink

I can't believe all the info on this thread so far.

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I weighed myself before I took a lunker crap but not after a few beers.

Does Whiskey really make you fat? If so I'm done with that chit....Not!

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
All you need to do David is read how many grams of carbohydrates or total calores are availiable in both at the same volume or weight.
There are, of course some crossover veggies. Corn and potatoes are pretty good examples.
BTW, for a guy living in Montana, growing his own veggies, Ed earns my respect. That has to be alot of work to do. Me, I just go to my local super market and select whatever I need. E

Last edited by Eremicus; 03/25/12.
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Eh241, I've eaten lots of fresh baked bread. I don't have to make any up to understand your point.
However, you don't seem to understand a few things.
One is that there is lots of independent testing going on in the world of food. Most of it is funded by the big universities. One of my sources of information is from one of these. Their news letter is published because of all of the bad information out there.
Another is that you can't tell how nutrious anything is by tasting it. Sugar tastes great too, and we all know how bad that is for us.
Last of all, the so called "all natural foods" hype is highly overated. In the words of the UC Berkeley staffers, who put out the UCB Wellness Letter, they may be good for the planet, but the they are no better than ordinary store bought foods as far as nutritional content. E

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Eremicus
All you need to do David is read how many grams of carbohydrates or total calores are availiable in both at the same volume or weight.

Fibre ratio to sugar. Protein intake vs fat. There are lots of things to consider when reading the labels. There's a lot of difference between products that are labeled whole grain. Some are good, some are bad.

Make a plan not only based on calories but also how much of protein, fibre, sugar, total carbs and then fat you want in your diet. Don't forget to watch out for items like sodium either.

IC B2

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
You know what, you guys are right, I was wrong, what was I thinking.

Almost no one is dying from cancer, heart diesase or obesity related illness these days. Virtually no teens are getting type I diabetes or running around sporting muffin tops.

The big food companies are telling you the truth, refined sugar and HFCS are perfectly safe, all those chemicals, perservatives and additives are safe too, eat up.

Heck the tobacco companies didnt mean to hurt anyone, they are sorry.

Keep drinking the kool-aid ............

I had a foreman like you two guys, everytime I observed a machine that wasnt operating correctly I would tell him and his standard response was "it's not supposed to do that", well no chit.

SOMETHING is killing people with cancer!

SOMETHING is causing people to get grossly obese!

SOMETHING is causing skyrocketing type I diabetes in children!

SOMETHING is causing more and more people to die from heart disease!

You got two choices, keep your head plugged into the sand and go over the cliff with all the other sheep or wake up and start making better choices at the table ............ choose wisely.

Just as you are free to choose what you eat or dont eat, so am I and I choose not to eat that crap, you will have to forgive me for ignoring you when you try to tell me over and over how safe it is, because I just simply dont believe you and never will, ever.

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
- Abraham Lincoln, the Rail Splitter from Illinois.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Seems like the horses are very high in Montana. laugh

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by elkhunter_241
You know what, you guys are right, I was wrong, what was I thinking.

Almost no one is dying from cancer, heart diesase or obesity related illness these days. Virtually no teens are getting type I diabetes or running around sporting muffin tops.

The big food companies are telling you the truth, refined sugar and HFCS are perfectly safe, all those chemicals, perservatives and additives are safe too, eat up.

Heck the tobacco companies didnt mean to hurt anyone, they are sorry.

Keep drinking the kool-aid ............

I had a foreman like you two guys, everytime I observed a machine that wasnt operating correctly I would tell him and his standard response was "it's not supposed to do that", well no chit.

SOMETHING is killing people with cancer!

SOMETHING is causing people to get grossly obese!

SOMETHING is causing skyrocketing type I diabetes in children!

SOMETHING is causing more and more people to die from heart disease!

You got two choices, keep your head plugged into the sand and go over the cliff with all the other sheep or wake up and start making better choices at the table ............ choose wisely.

Just as you are free to choose what you eat or dont eat, so am I and I choose not to eat that crap, you will have to forgive me for ignoring you when you try to tell me over and over how safe it is, because I just simply dont believe you and never will, ever.

My first thought was that it's more likely a lack of proper exercise that is leading to the ailments you listed. That, along with fast food, candy, soda pop, etc. I think people who look for whole grains in the supermarket are largely not the people suffering from these ailments.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Well as to the original question, if you eat like Edt you will certainly lose those 10 lbs and damn it would be tasty. open a restaurant dude! the best tip I know is eat really light dinners. but I need the fat and carbs to,keep.me going all day.

Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

501 members (1minute, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 219DW, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 47 invisible), 1,718 guests, and 1,235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,053
Posts18,521,302
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.