Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I am proud to be part of the 52% who actually pays taxes. I just cut a substantial check to subsidize the 48% who pay NOTHING!

Just paying my "fair share".

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I gotta pay them tomorrow. Millions of non-payers are depending on us!

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

We pay quarterly. Actually got a little back from last year. It was applied to the first quarter and had to cut another check to cover the balance.

I keep looking for the 48% to step up and do "their share". Personally, I don't think taking entitlements constitutes "their share".

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The 48% ARE doing their part.

They are providing a hand to put something in. Where would we put all that confiscated money if we didn't have empty (idle) hands to put it in?

You're welcome.

Last edited by snubbie; 04/13/12.

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

Originally Posted by Calvin
As far as gear goes.. The poorer (or cheaper) you are, the tougher you need to be.

gpopecustomknives.com

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by FOsteology
I am proud to be part of the 52% who actually pays taxes. I just cut a substantial check to subsidize the 48% who pay NOTHING!

Count me in........yesterday I did the deed.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B2

K
kup Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
I don't think you "got a little back" you just payed too much in and they used your money interest free for a while.

I bet you payed way too much in, just like the rest of us in the 52%.

kup
(coupe)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Just put mine in the mail.
cry

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I did my return the other day, and I will be paying an additional $5K on top of the $16K I already paid. Death and taxes -- but no real complaints -- for 41 years, I have counted on honest people paying their taxes for my salary. I don't mind paying my share, but it's when you know you're paying someone else's it hurts.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

The part that chaps me is the solidly wealthy people I know who make a career out of paying nothing.

We stopped using a client of Jeanne's that was doing our taxes for the last two years, he gets two different leased Mercedes (a year) that are the big guns $100K plus models, he owns two condos on Vancouver Island, it doesn't sit well with us that someone doing as well as he does pays no taxes. We make a small fraction of what he does and pay more. We get together with them two or three times a year and every time I see him he has a different AMG or 550/600 class something.

I try to tell myself it's not his fault, he's just taking advantage of loopholes that were creatively designed to help people like him pay no taxes. Loopholes that take money to take advantage of.

Last year he wanted us to pay into an investment corporation designed to create losses that could then be claimed by us as investors. We were to pay $20k to negate our $50K+ liability, we told him we weren't interested in it.

Last edited by 243WSSM; 04/13/12.

The major difference between belief and fact is those who believe something have come to a conclusion no facts will contradict. Well informed people are open to new facts that oppose their beliefs. That also defines an open and closed mind.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by amr7333

We pay quarterly. Actually got a little back from last year. It was applied to the first quarter and had to cut another check to cover the balance.

I keep looking for the 48% to step up and do "their share". Personally, I don't think taking entitlements constitutes "their share".

While you are looking for the deadbeats to pay their share when they can't even pay attention, I'm looking for the wealthy to pay their share, when they have the money and will get by just fine.

Now who has the most realistic chance of getting someone to pay their share?

The major difference between belief and fact is those who believe something have come to a conclusion no facts will contradict. Well informed people are open to new facts that oppose their beliefs. That also defines an open and closed mind.
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Sent mine away, it hurt, A LOT, and it's going to hurt, MORE, when they cash the cheque cry

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Miss Lynn by your response I would guess you might be paying in Canada or a lest was educated there. Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

..........I pay quarterly,,,,but me too!

The "pay no" tax, who will be Obama supporters for the most part.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by northcountry
Miss Lynn by your response I would guess you might be paying in Canada or a lest was educated there. Cheers NC

Give the man a prize ! grin

That "q" gives it away, every time ! wink

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I never minded paying taxes until I began to understand how many criminals they were supporting.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I got back about $7k and wanted to thank you all for contributing to this po' boy.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RickyD
I never minded paying taxes until I began to understand how many criminals they were supporting.

H.J. Res 34 (2011) � Redistribution of Wealth Amendment to the Constitution

H.R. 3784 (2012) � Legislation to impose windfall profit taxes and price controls on specific industries, including the creation of a Reasonable Profits Boards

H.R. 1124 (2011). Legislation to impose exorbitant federal tax rates on those that government deems to earn too much

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I never could understand how it is fair to penalize someone for trying harder to better themselves.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

I pay quarterly and also have money withheld from my pay. I have four large checks ready to go, one for my 2011 Fed payment, one for my 2011 State payment, one for my first quarter Fed payment, and one for my first quarter State payment.

These checks total more than what most people earn in a year and do not include all the quarterly payments I made last year or the money deducted from my pay.

You may BYSA I use a CPA to get me every advantage possible only a fool wouldn't

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Taxation without representation was a catalyst for something that happened about 240 years ago... now, what was that? The current system no doubt needs an overhaul.

I absolutely, positively believe know I am NOT being represented by my government. Sadly, doesn't appear to be much I can effectively do about it.

I suppose all I can ask is that those I'm supporting, please start sucking on my other teet as one nipple is sore and starting to get chaffed. crazy

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

331 members (300s, 12344mag, 260Remguy, 300_savage, 219DW, 1lesfox, 50 invisible), 2,489 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,619
Posts18,473,992
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.