-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'd opt out and responsible for anything that happens to me. If I invest $6,500 a year in investments of my own choosing, I promise you it will be more than what I am going to get back.

Seniors being robbed? How about the seniors being forced out of their houses today by ever increasing property taxes in states like Illinois? How about seniors having to pay ever larger portions of their income for heating and cooling their houses due to energy policies that are driving those prices higher? How about seniors getting screwed by higher gas prices? How about the food inflation we have all felt?

Unemployment rates in this regime are truly closer to 20% and we have 88 million Americans not working and you want to blame the Republicans. Some kind of moron.

GB1

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I am not blaming the republicans,I am blaming the system....How many teenage athletes have just dropped over dead or disabled for life and some think there untouchable from being one of those....

Grow up and pay your taxes like we all did and be thankful you have a job and insurance.There are millions that don't from failing company's to unseen circumstances.

I have voted republican for most of my life but this new generation of republicans turns my stomach with the Rob the old mentality or what you have paid in,you will never see for the better of the country....

My azz....There sure not hurting getting there raises and insurance.

Both sides suck but the republicans more this time around...

Jayco

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am self employed and pay for all of my own insurance as well as a very large amount of taxes every year. Don't lecture me on responsibility as I paid my way through college and have never been unemployed for 24 years since.

Not sure what teenage athletes dropping over dead has to do with anything regarding the tax situation in this country. If you think the current communist regime is better than any alternative we are looking at, then I think you are sorely mistaken.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Do you have any idea how much a heart attack cost without insurance?

80-100K depending.

I met a guy living in a fifth wheel who was a general contractor and successful at it..All the sudden he had a heart attack and they took his house/business and left him with his camper because of an insurance misunderstanding and payment.

Chit happens.....And it can happen to you or the thousands before.

Jayco

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by JPro
I gotta pay them tomorrow. Millions of non-payers are depending on us!

I am giving my fair share tomorrow as well. Hope the [bleep] choke on it.

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by logcutter
I am not blaming the republicans,I am blaming the system....How many teenage athletes have just dropped over dead or disabled for life and some think there untouchable from being one of those....

Grow up and pay your taxes like we all did and be thankful you have a job and insurance.There are millions that don't from failing company's to unseen circumstances.

I have voted republican for most of my life but this new generation of republicans turns my stomach with the Rob the old mentality or what you have paid in,you will never see for the better of the country....

My azz....There sure not hurting getting there raises and insurance.

Both sides suck but the republicans more this time around...

Jayco

Well then you have a clear choice don't you ? ROTFLMFAO idiot

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Wanna make a bet Obama slams Romney in the election?

Romney cannot win..Unfortunately!

Jayco

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Leading cause of bankruptcy. Thinking $80,000 is short by about half on a heart attack. Again, I buy my own health insurance. It is expensive as heck, but I forgo other things in order to pay for health insurance, life insurance etc. Why is someone else making different decisions my problem?

I love the folks who go on expensive vacations, buy houses they can't afford, send their kids to colleges they can't afford, and then whine because they just can't afford to retire. Or after all those other expenses like car payments, boat payments, cable tv payments, they just can't afford health insurance.

Not going to find any sympathy here or a willingness to be taxed more to pay for their selfish behaviors.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Jayco

I don't bet. Plenty of delusional idiots will vote the wrong way again.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Jayco

Can you even make a post without name calling?????????

Jayco mad

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Furthermore, anyone who hasn't taken proactive steps throughout their life to save and prepare for their retirement or loss of employment, and is instead counting on SSI or any other governmental assistance to meet their needs is a [bleep] moron.

You are a "It can't happen to me guy" for sure....Loose your job/insurance and see how long your stash last.

Jayco

Wrong. I'm a "Prepare for it" kind of guy.

As a young man, I worked for the Texas Department of Human Service for a few years. Aside from the usual deadbeats and generational welfare recipients, I assisted those that were elderly and/or disabled (SSI/RSDI).

I learned early on "vicariously" through these individuals that never really took steps to ensure some means of income (aside from governmental assistance) for their retirement, loss of employment, or medical condition.

My exposure lead me to quad-triple my efforts to better myself and family's social-economic position. My wife and I have not labored under the false illusion that government would be there to meet our needs.

My wife and I have worked our asses off to ensure our family is as well prepared and provisioned as we possibly could.

We're self employed.
No debt.
Self sufficient to a degree as we have livestock, water wells, and grow food.

In addition to our self-employment, we have managed over the years to invest wisely, and build our assets. Through our efforts we have several independent sources of revenue.

I've directed my life and efforts in the belief and knowledge that I can better meet the needs of my family than the government.

I detest paying the amount of taxes levied, and came to realization long ago that the $$ I've paid into Social Security will not be there for me nor my family. Nothing I can do as an individual to change that, so instead I've focused my efforts on what I could do.

And in summation, that was my original point. Far too many people have labored under the false impression that what they have contributed into Social Security will be there for them, and that it will or should meet their needs. Far from it.

While no one can plan and be prepared 100% for what life throws at you, it still doesn't excuse one from being totally apathetic and not putting into means and practice what they can do with what they have available to ensure a better life and future for their family.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Very well written and the kind of lesson I want my kids to see.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Definitely a Romney guy...I'm rich and your a looser just because.I will and can fire you if you disobey the almighty....Some of that was in humor..

Not everyone has had the good things happen as you have so don't try and sweep the others under the rug.I truly hope you never loose your insurance by any means,but it does happen..

Even with insurance a rare disease or procedure not covered under your policy can break the farm..It is on the news daily.

In other words...Don't count your chickens until there hatched!

Jayco

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jayco, I don't know about you, but I am thinking this Fosteology guy has somehow benefitted unfairly. Let's get together with the party and figure out a way to tax the life out him!! Then we can all be poor together.

Madeline Albright once said that it if we were all poor, it would be bad, but at least we would all be the same. That just seems fair to me. So let's vote in the communist party to insure we are all the same and as happy as Russians!!

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Not everyone has had the good things happen as you have so don't try and sweep the others under the rug.

Obviously your outlook is glaringly skewed and explains your shortcomings if you believe "good things happen". You shape your own destiny and create your own luck.

Everything my wife and I have, we obtained through hard work and sacrifice.

Opportunities abound in this country. You just have to seize them and work for them. Unfortunately most born and raised in the USA for the past couple generations are LAZY and are petrified of hard work. Expect it to be given to them, or be paid for simply clocking-in and taking up space.

My wife was born and raised in the deep interior of Mexico. Her family was dirt poor. Literally. The floor of their home was DIRT.

She applied herself academically. Immigrated to this country (legally), and the two of us have worked our asses off to obtain the American Dream. No one gave us handouts.

Even with insurance a rare disease or procedure not covered under your policy can break the farm..It is on the news daily.

In other words...Don't count your chickens until there hatched!

So what am I suppose to do? Go around fretting and wringing my hands? Hope and pray the government will take care of my families medical bills?? Naw... I'll continue doing what I've been doing.

From what I gather reading between the lines, unlike you, I've prepared. Being self-employed, I have to pay my insurance premium out of pocket, and I assure you it's not cheap. But it's budgeted and prepared for long before "discretionary" expenses like entertainment, vacations, and gadgets.

And God forbid a severe medical condition/situation occurs and my insurance either doesn't cover or is canceled.... we've prepared for that too as best we can. We've prepared and set aside a future for our children as well.

And unlike you, if a catastrophic disaster were to occur to my family that wipes out all of our assets, income, belongings (unlikely, but never 100% certain), we'll survive, and still have a positive "can do" attitude without looking towards the government to provide for our needs.

My wife and I have been dirt poor before. We know the value of hard work and that there's opportunities for those that want them. We refuse to fall into that "victim" mentality.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Seems like Logcutter spent too much time cutting logs instead of trying to move up to hiring logcutters. Now he is whining and wants Mama Government to take wealth from others and give it to him.

Anyone who expected to live on SS is stupid.

I'm pretty much retired but my income is higher now than it was working full time. SS is nice and you can BYSA I would not give up the $1600.00 a month. But if I had invested that money as I have other monies I would have a lot more than $1600.00 a month.

Quit your bitchin and start your gettin.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas
Quit your bitchin and start your gettin.

Five star summation.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dave Ramsey, financial consultant of national acclaim, said he has been completely broke before, but never poor. Have to agree with you and him.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Jayco

Can you even make a post without name calling?????????

Jayco mad

If you vote for Obama I will include you with the delusional idiots. Quite frankly you would be dumb as a box of rocks to do so but it is a free country.................for now.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

This discussion is a perfect illustration of why BHO has a very good chance of winning. The fact that some, even on a very Conservative forum, would like more largesse from the Central Government greatly distresses me.

I would not bet against the HalfBlack.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (10ring1, 160user, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 64 invisible), 2,732 guests, and 1,148 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,531
Posts18,530,926
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.