Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rrroae
I got back about $7k and wanted to thank you all for contributing to this po' boy.

Wacky tax year for me. I sold ~$20k in depreciated assets from one business to fire up another. That 20k had to be reported as income. However I had a ton to write off against it. And had a cruddy year otherwise. In the end I got a refund AND carried almost 10k over to this year to apply against 2012 machine shop earnings, so next year shouldn't be too bad either. However I'll probably get the smackdown in 2013.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Our business made a large profit in 2011. Since it is an S corp the profits flow through to the two owners, myself and my son.

We only took out enough to pay taxes and left the remainder in to grow the business. So, although we had very large taxable incomes, we don't have personal use of that money. I'm not complaining, just explaining.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Why have any deductions? That's why the flat-tax rate would be so much lower. You want to have six kids? Have at it! That doesn't mean your tax rate should be any lower than anyone else's. That was a personal decision.

I also advocate revamping capital gains and am for overall tax reform. This is where I depart from a lot of Republicans, but it's time to slay this beast called the tax code. The "don't crush the job creator" argument just isn't believable.

Chris
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by richardca99

Why have any deductions? That's why the flat-tax rate would be so much lower. You want to have six kids? Have at it! That doesn't mean your tax rate should be any lower than anyone else's. That was a personal decision.

I also advocate revamping capital gains and am for overall tax reform. This is where I depart from a lot of Republicans, but it's time to slay this beast called the tax code. The "don't crush the job creator" argument just isn't believable.

Why have any deductions? Are you serious? You mean a business could not deduct the cost of salaries, wages, materials, advertising, rent, depreciation, employee benefits, state and local taxes, etc.?

I'm all for revising the tax code but that would put business out of business.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Actually if all the people working for the business pay taxes, why should a "business" pay any taxes?

IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Actually a business pays no taxes. The "taxes" the business pays are part of the cost of doing business. Those costs are passed along to the customers. If the business cannot pass those costs along the business soon goes out of business.

Many who have never owned a business do not understand this simple fact. That is why many are of the opinion that we should raise taxes on the large evil corporations. What they do not realize that by doing so they are but raising prices the evil corporation must charge to stay in business thus causing the little people to bitch and moan about "gouging".

www.paracay.com

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

498 members (257Bob, 257Ackley, 1beaver_shooter, 22kHornet, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 57 invisible), 3,369 guests, and 1,299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,699
Posts18,534,626
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.