Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 16 17
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Time for some hot chicks and fish?

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
GB1

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Lawn darts! Hell, you can take an elephant down with one.

[Linked Image]

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by bullets4yogi

If you both spent as much time in the field as you do in front of the computer flaming other bros in the sporting community,

Another delusion, you're far from being one of the "bros" here. They are not all that picky, but they do have standards.

Last edited by battue; 04/21/12.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Lawn darts! Hell, you can take an elephant down with one.

[Linked Image]

Those were some fun toys. Yeah, they would stick in the kids once in awhile, but that made us all stronger people. grin

B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Cocadori
So I was out tooling around and came across this rock chuck.

[Linked Image]

At least you know how to access Nat Geo archives...and cut & paste.

IC B2

B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
damnit... I knew that didn't look right...

Hope you are better with your cayenne spice than you are with a keyboard...lol

Last edited by bullets4yogi; 04/21/12.
B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by battue

If you both spent as much time in the field as you do in front of the computer flaming other bros in the sporting community,

Another delusion, you're far from being one of the "bros" here. They are not all that picky, but they do have standards.

WoW a new A$$wipe SPEAKS...welcome & feel free to join in with the "wisdom" of the other Buwanas...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

*** You are ignoring this user ***
Toggle the display of this post

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
damnit... I knew that didn't look right...

Hope you are better with your cayenne spice than you are with a keyboard...lol
Holy smokes you're a tool bag.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I've fired warning shots twice on non-charging, "on- alert" or curious bears. Had no effect on them at all. Perhaps spraying gravel in their face would, but sound had no effect on them at all.

I have since decided that my "warning shot" is going to do some physical damage if charged by a bear. I've been in a few confrontations, but no "charges".

I've found the sound of a human voice has been the most effective deterant. I've never carried pepper spray, but usually do carry a firearm, tho not always.

I've read spray is more effective as a deterant than hot lead, and maybe it is - I've no experience either way after 44 years dinging around Alaska. We've got a pact going - if they won't try to put big ugly holes in me, I'll return the favor, and so far it's worked.

I have brown bears, often with cubs, by and through my yard in Sterling on a regular basis - like at least once a week, and often more often during salmon runs especially (the river is a quarter mile away, and they like to sleep up on my wooded hilltop, away from all those noisy, dangerous fishermen....). They get on my deck and leave foot prints in the frost in the pick-up bed, and drive the dogs nuts...

Bearanoia is way-overblown.

Oh yeah- you can't carry pepper spray on a commercial flight in your baggage or on your person - but you can bring a firearm firearm as baggage..

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by battue

WoW a new A$$wipe SPEAKS...welcome & feel free to join in with the "wisdom" of the other Buwanas...

"BRO": One word and it speaks volumes.

laissez les bons temps rouler
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
So I was out tooling around and came across this rock chuck.

[Linked Image]

At least you know how to access Nat Geo archives...and cut & paste.

LOL... awww Sally. I appreciate the compliment on my photo skills. But even Nat Geo wouldn't post a picture that poor. To many lighting issues, the rule of 3rds is just amiss. Not to mention slightly out of focus. But I had other things to monitor aside from the mentioned photographic issues. See there's more to the picture.

[Linked Image]

I asked all three and they assured me they wouldn't charge me nor bluff charge. Seems they were on a mission to find some porridge. Seems some chick took a few spoon fulls of theirs and they were still a tad hungry.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I really like that last pic of the pair walking on snow.

Agreed on photo quality of our bears. My shots were blurry, due to hand held camera in low light (not due to the shakes freom bearnoia.) Great word, by the way, Las! I will borrow it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Kinda funny to me when a guy reads on the internet what others have written on a topic, asks questions of what others would do in the situation, then has the audacity to call out folks with actual real experience about how their plan os flawed when it doesn't match his mall ninja plan.

Like a wide man once said : you can bullchit the fans but not the players.

Feel free to dream up any macho plan you want dude but as for me I will take my advice from the actual players and disregard the dreams of the fans

B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by MallardAddict
Kinda funny to me when a guy reads on the internet what others have written on a topic, asks questions of what others would do in the situation, then has the audacity to call out folks with actual real experience about how their plan os flawed when it doesn't match his mall ninja plan.

Like a wide man once said : you can bullchit the fans but not the players.

Feel free to dream up any macho plan you want dude but as for me I will take my advice from the actual players and disregard the dreams of the fans

...except for ONE small thing...most, if ALL of you internet Buwanas "great white hunters"...are just Nat Geo couch potato PH's who sit behind the PC all day flaming anyone who comes by with a tread or post you don't feel is worthy of where you live or the "safe queen" guns you collect but never use.

Cut & paste away and tell your campfire tales of imaginary conquests...like the Buwana here who said he has been charged 12 TIMES and stopped 7 with pepper and 5 with lead...lol...WoW, pretty amazing "stats" coming form the SAME "types" who say bear "charges" are sooooooooo rare...and easily avoided by a seasoned Buwana like himself, by making ones presence known and avoiding "spots" where Yogi hangs...

B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by las
I've fired warning shots twice on non-charging, "on- alert" or curious bears. Had no effect on them at all. Perhaps spraying gravel in their face would, but sound had no effect on them at all.

I have since decided that my "warning shot" is going to do some physical damage if charged by a bear. I've been in a few confrontations, but no "charges".

I've found the sound of a human voice has been the most effective deterant. I've never carried pepper spray, but usually do carry a firearm, tho not always.

I've read spray is more effective as a deterant than hot lead, and maybe it is - I've no experience either way after 44 years dinging around Alaska. We've got a pact going - if they won't try to put big ugly holes in me, I'll return the favor, and so far it's worked.

I have brown bears, often with cubs, by and through my yard in Sterling on a regular basis - like at least once a week, and often more often during salmon runs especially (the river is a quarter mile away, and they like to sleep up on my wooded hilltop, away from all those noisy, dangerous fishermen....). They get on my deck and leave foot prints in the frost in the pick-up bed, and drive the dogs nuts...

Oh yeah- you can't carry pepper spray on a commercial flight in your baggage or on your person - but you can bring a firearm firearm as baggage..

FINALLY...reality from the REAL DEAL...and not the DVD campfire Buwanna-be's in MT & WY with thier tourist park bears....and photo-ops
...good to hear from someone who actually LIVES amongst the critters and has to deal with them in close proximity...YES, I will not run out my mag making noise, if charged, but put 'em where it counts.

Why do these campfire Buwanna-B's in MT, carry a rifle if when charged they will fumble with a can of old spice?
And what "happened" to..."rare" and common sense "avoidance"...ALL that "experienced hunter wisdom" they claim that makes a bear charge so rare?
One guy claimed he was charged 12 times. Talk about fantasy

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I'm waiting for a Velcro sneaker thread so you can finally interject some real world experience

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by las

FINALLY...reality from the REAL DEAL...and not the DVD campfire Buwanna-be's in MT & WY with thier tourist park bears....and photo-ops
...good to hear from someone who actually LIVES amongst the critters and has to deal with them in close proximity...YES, I will not run out my mag making noise, if charged, but put 'em where it counts.

Why do these campfire Buwanna-B's in MT, carry a rifle if when charged they will fumble with a can of old spice?
And what "happened" to..."rare" and common sense "avoidance"...ALL that "experienced hunter wisdom" they claim that makes a bear charge so rare?
One guy claimed he was charged 12 times. Talk about fantasy

guessing someone doesnt understand the range of griz......someone from Alaska is the end all of knowledge(i do trust what las says but as always its a sample of one and just his experience not the end all of knowledge).....but the guys in Montana and Wyoming that also live around the things are full of chit and their experiences arent real....couple of the guys the have posted from Montana have been in the field a hell of alot more than some Alaskans on this forum.....might wanna watch who you get your info from....

the couch potato bwana on this thread is you dumb arse....

you really are a [bleep] idiot.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Cut & paste away and tell your campfire tales of imaginary conquests...like the Buwana here who said he has been charged 12 TIMES and stopped 7 with pepper and 5 with lead...lol...WoW, pretty amazing "stats" coming form the SAME "types" who say bear "charges" are sooooooooo rare...and easily avoided by a seasoned Buwana like himself, by making ones presence known and avoiding "spots" where Yogi hangs...

See part of your problem is reading and reading comprehension. See below.

Not all were full on charges. Some were situations where the bear needed to leave.
Forced into situations where I needed to do some things to get the bears attention or redirect his agenda. I used what I thought would escalate his attitude enough to stop bluffing/charging/or leave.

Now avoiding spots where yogi hangs is darn near perfected by yourself and I've yet to encounter one in a living room. Even less likely to be on a couch. However, I did have neighbor have one tear apart his garage.

See Yogi often hangs where your intended quarry hangs or at least you must traverse through the areas to get to your preferred areas of your intended quarry. You having never encountered yogi kinda says, well...much.

I'll rest my case. Stand by my original suggestion that bear spray needs to be utilized when applicable. However, there's much to that.
Now where did I put that nat geo book..I'm not done scanning pics.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by toad
and that's all you two could find wrong with this thread? smile

When I see a misspelled word I zero in on it at the risk of the rest of the thread or topic.

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
Page 5 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

64 members (338reddog, 10gaugemag, anothergun, 8 invisible), 872 guests, and 897 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,118
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.