Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I own a Dodge Ram and a Jeep Grand Cherokee. I like both, but I'll be switching over to Fords when my wallet allows.

GB1

O
OldRook Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
O
sure appreciate all the feedback guys!!!!

lots to review

LH

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Toyota Camry - I have 1996 Camry, 182000 miles still running great
Honda CR-V - may cost more up front, but they go and go.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by add
Originally Posted by walt501
If you can wait until this fall, the new Ford Fusion is going to completely dominate the mid-size sedan category.

Yes, probably the last we ever hear of the Accord and Camry... grin

I thought we were supposed to follow a recent suggestion and use a green font for sarcasm. grin

John

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I have always appreciated a good Ford in my limited experience. My 07 150 has been a good truck and my old Bronco II before that was excellent. But, niether of these is what you're looking for.
My mom has a tribute (Escape) and it has done well, but I don't think it gets the mileage you're looking for.

My girlfriend just bought herself a Kia Sorento and I have to give them some credit. It is a very smooth and quiet ride. She has the 4 cylinder that gets 30 mpg and it has less than a 1000 miles. I think it will get better as the motor brakes in. I also think they are made here in America. Hyundai (owns Kia) has come a long way and I would look at one of these. It seats 7, is roomy as all get out, and the seats can be removed pretty easily for hauling cargo. You definitely should check them out.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yeah I'll buy a Hyundai or Kia as soon as Fords are a common sight in South Korea.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I love Fords, but, I hate the auto unions.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by levrluvr
I was going to bring up the VW- especially the CC. I drove a Jetta TDI wagon for several years (possessive about the wagons are the Germans- still being built in Wolfsburg)
They have a completely different feel than other cars, and the safety factor is off scale.

Jetta's are FUN to drive, the TDI's get fantastic mileage, and they look snazzy (especially for a woman, lol)... just don't type "Jetta problems" into google.

After out TLC got totaled last year we looked hard at Jettas. You can get relatively new, low mileage ones relatively cheap (except the TDI's). There's a fairly brutal automatic tranny problem out there in the ones a few years old though. Scary.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by walt501
Yeah I'll buy a Hyundai or Kia as soon as Fords are a common sight in South Korea.

Hyundai Sonatas and Santa Fe's are built ratcheer in Montgomery, AL.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
hmmm,...I dunno.

Once you eliminate the Camry and the Accord from contention, it get's a bit tough.

If I was in the market for a mid sized sedan, I'd get the Camry and never look back.

They're built 25 miles from here in Georgetown Kentucky and I'm fairly familiar with the place.

Japanese manufacturing stresses constant improvement and attention to detail, and they're very serious about it. Their quality control is *extreme*.

Essentially, the Camry is a vehicle that's been refined and improved to a ridiculous level of quality.

It's a 300,000 mile car.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
hmmm,...I dunno.

Once you eliminate the Camry and the Accord from contention, it get's a bit tough.

If I was in the market for a mid sized sedan, I'd get the Camry and never look back.

They're built 25 miles from here in Georgetown Kentucky and I'm fairly familiar with the place.

Japanese manufacturing stresses constant improvement and attention to detail, and they're very serious about it. Their quality control is *extreme*.

Essentially, the Camry is a vehicle that's been refined and improved to a ridiculous level of quality.

It's a 300,000 mile car.

Yep, all true.
The problem with the Camry is that, like all Toyota's these days, it's boring as a stump.
The Buick LeSabre of Japan.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Another vote for KIA.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by nsaqam
hmmm,...I dunno.

It's a 300,000 mile car.

Yep, all true.
The problem with the Camry is that, like all Toyota's these days, it's boring as a stump.

Cars that break get very boring very quickly.

As far as cars go, my #1 requirement is that it lasts for years without needing repairs.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Guess that's why they make so many different choices available.
I much prefer a car which puts a smile on my face every time I drive it because it goes, stops, and handles so well.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
My wife loves her 2011 Sonata. All around town mileage is almost 30 mpg on real gas. It drops about 3 mpg with ethanol. Highway mileage is mid-30s. Have seen 38 mpg on the interstate.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by nsaqam
hmmm,...I dunno.

It's a 300,000 mile car.

Yep, all true.

Cars that break get very boring very quickly.

As far as cars go, my #1 requirement is that it lasts for years without needing repairs.

+1

2001 Honda Accord, 225,293 miles and running great!

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A boring 2004 Corolla S 32 MPG on ethanol in the city. It gets 38 on the highway. 77K nothing other than routine maintenance. Replaced the factory tires at 64K. Its boring my wallet to death. I'm running Pennzoil Platinum in it and changing the oil at 5K myself. Mobil one filter and Pennnzoil Platinum on sale at my local auto store $29.95. Its your basic transportation box and that is why I bought it cheap and dependable. I expect to get over 300K out of it if I can stand driving a car that long.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
hmmm,...I dunno.

It's a 300,000 mile car.

I agree.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by jbmi
Wife gets a new car every four years...

Sounds expensive

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
None of the Asian transplants are "built" here - they're "assembled" here. When they do all the design, engineering and validity testing for each model here and when the profits stay here and their headquarters is here, then - and only then - will you be able to say "they're built here".

As for unions, you realize that all auto plants in Asia are unionized, right?

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

317 members (1_deuce, 204guy, 260Remguy, 29aholic, 17CalFan, 32 invisible), 2,278 guests, and 1,201 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,754
Posts18,476,336
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.