Print Thread
Hop To
Page 99 of 101 1 2 97 98 99 100 101
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
The lodge did a nice job on the sausage.

Good thing, too, because there's still quite a lot of it in my freezer.

Smaller pig next year, I'm thinking.

GB1

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
I'm goin' after two bigguns next year, one with the old Sharps rifle, and the other is gonna get an 850 gn round ball from my 8 Bore, Black Powder smoke for all. shocked grin

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gunner500
I'm goin' after two bigguns next year, one with the old Sharps rifle, and the other is gonna get an 850 gn round ball from my 8 Bore, Black Powder smoke for all. shocked grin

Gunner

grinYer a genuwine recoil slut grin

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Gunner

Hummpphhh. Here I was gonna buy a .450 Nitro #1 to have the biggest hardest kicking rifle there next year...but I think you've beat it already

grin

I did buy a really nice .45-70 #1. I think it will get the smokeless jacketed bullet loads. We'll see what sort of other BP thumper I can come up with. Maybe a .54 Hawken replica, or...

smile

Last edited by tex_n_cal; 04/25/12.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
... the other is gonna get an 850 gn round ball from my 8 Bore, Black Powder smoke for all. shocked grin

Gunner

Gonna set fire to the hair, if'n yer too close with that thing. grin

Last edited by tjm10025; 04/25/12.
IC B2

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
eviltwin, makes a very solid point regarding older(obsolete)calibers. These weapons put food on the table,way back when.....so, what has changed? Does modern day game refuse to be taken by old timers? No. The fact is,everybody wants faster,easier and less hassle to shoot. I'm all about modern rifles and modern calibers but,you can't rile out the tried and proven. example: 6.5 mauser,7x57,.257 Roberts, .284 win.,.300 sav. and so on. There's a lot of good old calibers that just wait to be dusted off and put into action.

Hell! Next years hunt should be real interesting.

Best regards,

Why, I have not yet begun to defile myself.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I'm going the opposite direction.....knife or spear! grin

George

Last edited by NH K9; 04/25/12.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Think I'll leave knives & spears to the young & nimble. If I have to kill a pig with a knife, something has gone terribly wrong crazy grin

I've added a .45-70 Ruger #1, recently, which can take some real heavy loads, and there's a .54 cal Hawken replica on the way to me. Either of those oughta work fine.

It was nice, though, when rain threatened, having the SS Montana on hand. Handy to carry, too. smile

Last edited by tex_n_cal; 04/25/12.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Think I'll leave knives & spears to the young & nimble. If I have to kill a pig with a knife, something has gone terribly wrong crazy

Yeah heck with the knife and spear, I think we should put a pool together to see if Gunner can knock out a pig with one punch....

I am also thinking about only hunting with a rock while wearing a loincloth..... Going neanderthal on'em!

And if I can't kill it with the rock I'll definitely kill it with my sexiness wink wink grin

If 'ya can't put hot sauce on it, it ain't worth eat'n....

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I think we should put a pool together to see if Gunner can knock out a pig with one punch....

No bet......he's a big ol' baby-powder puzzy! grin

Now, a head-butt is another story.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I feel very comfortable in saying that loincloths are out.

Don't want to lose the supper that Pat provides.

And that counts for almost everything!!!

Sorry guys, but my intestinal fortitude, and very likely yours, has its limits.

Steve

Last edited by 7x57STEVE; 04/25/12.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I am more than comfortable standing with Steve on this one!

BTW, Steve, I owe you pic of my son utilizing your gift. He was thrilled, even if I won't let him keep it in his room grin .

George

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
BTW it was a pleasure to spend 3/4 of a week alongside a group of distinguished gentlemen. Not a person there that wouldn't be welcome in my home.

Can't wait for the sign-up for next year! Not just because the campfire group was there but also because of the hospitality and kindness that was shown to us by the crew at Wilderness and the local community. T'was truely a great time! Made some great friends!

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
George,

Excellent move. I depended on your own good judgement as a father to do the right thing. All I can think of is how irresponsible I would have been to have a hatchet and a knife at his age.

But I also have no doubt he will be a highly responsible member of our community. His very responsible judgement to fulfill his priorities ahead of what would be fun speaks volumes about his character and the wisdom of his parents.

And I hope he can make the boar hunt next year. Sons and daughters of prior attendees get, and deserve, preferential treatment.

Please give him my best, and I look forward to seeing him in Tennessee next year.

Steve

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
All I can think of is how irresponsible I would have been to have a hatchet and a knife at his age.

My old man gave my brother and I both at about his age. I (we) spent a lot of hours chopping ice on the brooks and dropping trees for forts. I'm still not sure how we made it out with all our fingers.

He's my old man's son all over again.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 7x57STEVE
I feel very comfortable in saying that loincloths are out.

Yep, even if it was blaze orange, not enough area to meet minimum square inches.

Not that I have ever seen a blaze orange loincloth...unless...

no, I hear his thongs are camo... never mind

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Oh well then, obviously you two never have tried the Tarzan hunting experience.

Guess it will just have to be reserved for late season deer here in Michigan. frown

Nothing gives you a rush like standing over fresh harvested game in your loincloth with hunting rock in hand and letting the cry be heard throughout the forest......

It's truely an amazing experience!

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
did some say [bleep]?

im just going to bring my buddy's wife next year. she can nag my pig to death.

FJB
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
LOL, you dudes are great laugh, no pig punchin' for me shocked, and I laughed so hard that Fri night something popped in my neck, probably just loosened a little plaque........who says a bit of cain raisin' aint good fer circulation? grin

Gunner

Trump Won!
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by 7x57STEVE
All I can think of is how irresponsible I would have been to have a hatchet and a knife at his age.

I was thinking it must have been your electronic toot box.

Edged weapons is probably better.

Page 99 of 101 1 2 97 98 99 100 101

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

326 members (240NMC, 12344mag, 22magnut, 303savage, 10ring1, 160user, 35 invisible), 1,291 guests, and 1,013 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,849
Posts18,517,521
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.