Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#6449273 04/27/12
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Have you read about the woman in NZ who died from drinking coke...ten (10) LITERS of it a day? .

Woman dies after drinking 10 liters of Coke a day Published April 19, 2012 NewsCore
AP A New Zealand mother of eight has died after drinking 10 liters of Coca-Cola a day, a coroner's investigation heard. Natasha Harris, 30, suffered a cardiac arrest that her partner believes was brought on by her massive soft drink intake. Harris, from the southern city of Invercargill, was vomiting six times a week in the months leading up to her sudden death in February 2010, but she attributed it to stress. The mom would become moody, irritable and have no energy without her daily dose of Coke, but the family did not suspect her habit was to blame, the Otago Daily Times reported. Her partner, Chris Hodgkinson, told Otago-Southland coroner David Crerar Wednesday that Harris guzzled at least 10 liters a day. "The first thing she would do in the morning was have a drink of Coke and the last thing she would do in the day was have a drink of Coke by her bed," he said. "I never thought about it. It's just a soft drink, just like drinking water. I didn't think a soft drink was going to kill her." Pathologist Dr. Dan Mornin told the court it was likely Harris had severe hypokalemia -- a lack of potassium in the blood -- brought on by her excessive consumption of soda. He said she died from cardiac arrhythmia, and that her soft drink habit, along with poor nutrition and too much caffeine, contributed to her death. Crerar has yet to determine a cause of death. In a statement to The Southland Times newspaper, a Coca-Cola representative said that "grossly excessive ingestion of any food product, including water" could be harmful. "We believe that all foods and beverages can have a place in a balanced and sensible diet combined with an active lifestyle," the statement added.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
yeah, well, if ya drink ten liters of milk every day you'll die too..

Moderation - in ANYTHING is the key...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
4000 calories and 1080g of sugar a day from the Coke alone...Yikes!

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Redneck
yeah, well, if ya drink ten liters of milk every day you'll die too..
Moderation - in ANYTHING is the key...

I've seen plenty of kids that would drink 1/2 gallon of milk a day and were severely anemic. Bovine milk does affect iron intake, and of course if you get filled with liquid of any kid you are not eating your good stuff.
I've also seen psychiatric patients end up in the ICU from drinking too much water... it ends up diluting your blood electrolytes. I love Cocacola (something about "I love coke doesn't sound right wink ), just not THAT much.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If I was going to drink a 'cola' it would be Coca-Cola. Having said that, I feel pretty confident I haven't drank 10 liters of it in the last 10 years.

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
I don't know how a person could drink 2-1/2 gallons of *anything*.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
If you are drinking 10 litres of Coke a day something is wrong..... you have your mixing ratios WAY OFF! No way someone could drink 10 litres of Coke a day with the ratio of rum to Coke I mix smile

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I drink the spiced rum, don't want no coke messing it up. grin

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I've heard of several cases of people dying from drinking too much water. I don't know what a fatal dose is, but it's quite a bit, like several gallons a day.

― George Orwell

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yep, 'water intoxication' causing major electrolyte imbalances...

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I like the occasional Coca Cola as well as an Amber Bock or a nice dram or two of good scotch, but come on, ten Liters of anything a day could kill ya!

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Obama gave us 10 liters of crap and looked what happending to us. An most are going to give him a chance to give you more dumb I say

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The only time I have ever gone through 10 liters of anything(water, in my case), is on really long(50-70 mile) mountain bike rides-and I take snacks along that help with your electrolyte levels.

Can't imagine drinking that much soda.

As an aside, did anyone notice that the lady that died had 8 kids?
frown

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender
I don't know how a person could drink 2-1/2 gallons of *anything*.

I know some liberals who can drink 2-1/2 gallons of koolaid no problem.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Years ago I knew a guy that drank a 12 pack of Mountain Dew every day. He was such a complete dumbschit, he couldn't figure out why he was getting a gut.

When I explained to him that he was taking in over 2000 calories a day in soda, he switched to Diet Dew.

He's probably dead.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
After drinking about 4100 cal/day on top of whatever she ate, I suspect that her waistline (or should I say wasteline) would be 'impressive'.

― George Orwell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It could be worse, it could be fluoride.... eek

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
smile smile smile smile smile

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
A while back, there was a thread on here (I think) about a truck driver who weighed over 400 lb. He saw a surveillance video of himself trying to climb into his truck and decided he had to lose weight if we wanted to live. He lost over 200 lb by doing nothing but quitting drinking soda. He was putting away something like 30+ cans a day.

― George Orwell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
It could be worse, it could be fluoride.... eek

Hey, as someone who works for the "Fluoride for America" lobby, I am deeply offended by your comments, sir.
grin grin

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

370 members (1_deuce, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 49 invisible), 2,501 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,204
Posts18,503,801
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.