Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 19 of 22 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
I think Travis' gears are turning on a Fatty in an A5 stock.

You be correcto... grin

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
I'm burnin' up a .300 SAUM barrel as quick as I can...

Hurry up...

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

I really enjoyed just lookin' through some high end spotters more than anything. It was cool to have all that glass lined up out there.

Fun stuff.

Travis

yeah, definitely learned at the very least i need new glass.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
what glass was on hand?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Leica and Zeiss spotters are what I was referencing.

Travis

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
And Swaro.

Travis

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And if you were looking through comparable spotters, apples to apples,

Was there a clear winner?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
i was looking through a Ziess that i believe belonged to Pat.....kicks the chit out of the cheap crap im using.....

Last edited by rattler; 04/29/12.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Pulled in at 7PM tonight and have been squaring my stuff away.1 st I'd like to thank Pat and Alan for the extra effort and fine job they did in making sure that everybody had a good time.Meeting guys like Montana Marine ,Deflave, BGG ,Rattler,Sendero Man,Scenarshooter made the 1000 mile round trip more worth the while than I can describe and all the others I didn't catch names on but talked to.I had a great time.My 308 saw most of my action and shot some thru a M70 30-338 that is a coyote killer for sure, I call it "Big Bitch".My 45 -110 only got a hand full thru it but Rattler and Montana Marine had an itch they needed to scratch trying it. Visibilty was definetly not the best for a Soule sight rear and and aperature frt.

More than anything I went to learn about shooting long range with modern CF's and I did get most of the essentials sorted out. Naturally you need a rifle and load capable of doing that and a scope that can repeatably adjusted for the distances you want to shoot.It is a whole lot easier to do for quick results if you have a spotter with high qual glass telling where you are hitting. The gong targets give you instant hit or miss results. Bigger bullets tend to be easier to spot the misses on.Accurate repeatable rangefinding skills are most essential( can you say Leica?).I was impressed with the array of quality LR guns at the shoot as well as their optics. Sendero Man put his rangefinder in my hands to use on a couple of targets, I think I'm ruined or gonna be shortly, WOW. Thanks again to Pat and crew what a great time. Really glad to meet so many from the 'fire'.. Magnum Man

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Kenneth
And if you were looking through comparable spotters, apples to apples,

Was there a clear winner?

I don't know that they were apples to apples, but the Leica I used was pretty goddammed stunning.

The Zeiss Pat uses was no slouch either.

But, if I were to flip a coin, I think I would hope it landed on the Leica side.

Angle eye pieces make my brain hurt. I don't know why.

Travis

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Magnum_Man
Pulled in at 7PM tonight and have been squaring my stuff away.1 st I'd like to thank Pat and Alan for the extra effort and fine job they did in making sure that everybody had a good time.Meeting guys like Montana Marine ,Deflave, BGG ,Rattler,Sendero Man,Scenarshooter made the 1000 mile round trip more worth the while than I can describe and all the others I didn't catch names on but talked to.I had a great time.My 308 saw most of my action and shot some thru a M70 30-338 that is a coyote killer for sure, I call it "Big Bitch".My 45 -110 only got a hand full thru it but Rattler and Montana Marine had an itch they needed to scratch trying it. Visibilty was definetly not the best for a Soule sight rear and and aperature frt.

More than anything I went to learn about shooting long range with modern CF's and I did get most of the essentials sorted out. Naturally you need a rifle and load capable of doing that and a scope that can repeatably adjusted for the distances you want to shoot.It is a whole lot easier to do for quick results if you have a spotter with high qual glass telling where you are hitting. The gong targets give you instant hit or miss results. Bigger bullets tend to be easier to spot the misses on.Accurate repeatable rangefinding skills are most essential( can you say Leica?).I was impressed with the array of quality LR guns at the shoot as well as their optics. Sendero Man put his rangefinder in my hands to use on a couple of targets, I think I'm ruined or gonna be shortly, WOW. Thanks again to Pat and crew what a great time. Really glad to meet so many from the 'fire'.. Magnum Man

You're a cool dude Magnum Man.

Maybe someday we can get trashed around a real campfire. Just need to get scenarshooter to pick the right days... grin

Travis

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Spent some time today drying out wet ammo, gear, guns.

Pulled the rifles out of their stocks. The '06 had no rust, all the pieces are parkerized.

The 308 had some rust starting on the bolt face, mag box and follower spring. Just surface stuff, a little oilcan maintenance sorted it out.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
was neat as hell to see a round as mundane as your '06 doing so well out to a mile in less than great, calm day conditions.....those 208's you had loaded up for it just plain looked wicked......

Last edited by rattler; 04/29/12.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Hornady ought to give Shane some stock, cause I think he has started the ball rolling with the 208 Amax and there will be a lot of guys in the next year trying them. Magnum Man

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What scopes and mounting systems were used on the 1 mile shooting?

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There was a variety of scopes and mounting systems. Bushnell Tactical, S&B, Nightforce

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Sendero man what model is your laser RF bino's ? Sure was a treat to check them out. Magnum man

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Here are some of the pics I took there... enjoyed it again, and met some more good guys as well. Looking forward to IB # 3 smile

BIG THANKS to Pat for putting this on for a second time.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Page 19 of 22 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

376 members (10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 204guy, 260Remguy, 222ND, 17CalFan, 51 invisible), 2,483 guests, and 1,141 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,533
Posts18,530,989
Members74,038
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.