Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. Had a deal go south with user 444Matt. On March 21st he listed some 30-06 ammo here on the classifieds. I sent him a PM telling him I would buy it from him. I put a check in the mail the next day. I sent him another PM on the 29th asking him if he recieved the funds. He told me he got it and the ammo would ship that Saturday. Fast forward to April 10th. Sent him a PM asking if he had shipped it he said he had shipped the ammo via USPS (which is against USPS rules) Sent him another PM on April 15th explaining to him that I needed the ammo by Friday the 20th or we would have to figure somthing else out. He told me it wouldn't be a problem and that if I didn't have them by Friday he would refund my money. Friday rolls around, no ammo. He then gave me a bogus tracking number to track them. I told him I just wanted my money back. Here it is May 9th, no ammo, and no check. I understand that things happen and some things take longer than they usually should, but this has carried on long enough. Buyer beware of 444Matt. He failed to deliver the items I bought and then failed to refund my money.

GB1

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
That' sucks that you can't trust some people. Sorry you got burned. Thanks for the info. Take care, Paul

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Come on 444Matt don't be doing chit like this. Give the man his money back.

Chesterwy I hope it was not a large amount. People doing this is really unfortunate.

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've dealt with Matt previously and never had any problems either? Hopefully it works out.

Life is just one damned thing after another
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Im not saying you are in the wrong, but he has been a member for a while with several thousand posts. Maybe he has a legitmate reason?

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
He is on the site right now. Hope you guys get it worked out

GA precision all day long
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am sure it is misunderstanding. Matt is a stand up guy and would not knowingly defraud anyone.

Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by warpig602
Im not saying you are in the wrong, but he has been a member for a while with several thousand posts. Maybe he has a legitmate reason?

Same here, not defending anyone (we only have one side of the story here), but have you noticed how it's usually the low post count guys that start this stuff, and just as often end up eating their words?

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
How many posts has he done? I always use this as an indicator

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by andrews1958
How many posts has he done? I always use this as an indicator

444Matt - 3137

chesterwy - 53

IC B3

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I am fairly new here and have had good luck so far, I have dealt with people with thousands of posts and some with less than 12 posts with equal satisfaction from each and I believe (hope) that they would say the same about me. I don't think it is the quantity of posts or lack there of that you makes you better or worse to deal with. Just MHO. Good luck and I hope it gets worked out and I hope everyone has the same luck as I have had.

turbine1
Life Member of the NRA
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. 1. Jesus Christ 2. The American G.I "One died for your soul, the other for your freedom!" You might want to pass this on, as many seem to forget both of them!
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Still, if things have happened as Chester says, Matt has some 'splainin' to do, doncha' think?

JLarsson - Hunter, shooter, reloader.........Mostly in that order. wink
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The number of posts doesn't have anything to do with anything.

Each transaction is independent of every other transaction.

Let the evidence of the transaction rule.

So, how did you verify that the tracking number was false? If that was confirmed by the Post Office it would seem to be a pretty good indication that the seller was attempting fraud.

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's really unfair to the OP who has been a member since '09.

Any friend of 444Matt should PM him and help him save his own reputation.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I don't have a dog in this fight but a USPS "tracking number" is worthless until the package is delivered. It's not really a tracking number, it's a delivery confirmation.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by pal
That's really unfair to the OP who has been a member since '09.

Any friend of 444Matt should PM him and help him save his own reputation.

No, it's not "unfair".

I made an observation, that a lot of others have said in the past. And it does seem that more often than not, these threads turn out bad for the originators. We'll just have to wait and see how this one plays out.

As for the post count, somebody asked (I quoted them). I gave the numbers that anybody can see.

Until 444Matt posts (or decides not to), we only have one side of the story.

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You must work for the government. wink You used a statistic to discredit the OP. Let 444Matt do his own discrediting, if he can.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't care where you post or how long ya been here I got screwed over by a member here that has been around the fire quite awhile. He wanted to look at a scope I was selling before trading with the agreement that if it wasn't what he wanted he would pay to ship it back to me and because of his time and postings in several area's I said ok (won't happen twice). My ad listed the scope (with picture) as having ringmarks and when he got it he said they looked like gouges which was bull,shouldn't have mattered if it had, his word of paying return shipment was dirt,so to get it back I had to send him the money. All said and done cost me $30 for someone to look at my scope. So people can't put all blame of being a con onto the new guy. The guy that got me is nothing more than a A-hole. I kept all pm's if anyone ever needs evidence. Some just get their rocks off screwing others.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I just hope this works out to satisfy both parties involved.

Get involved. The world is run by those who show up!
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I agree with RickinTN, USPS tracking is nothing more than delivery confirmation! I shipped a handgun (have FFL) via USPS Priority Mail Small Box w/insurance & delivery confirmation last month; took nearly (4) weeks!!! Expected delivery was four days after shipped & continued to read the same for the entire time! Also, 444Matt may be reluctant to discuss mailing ammo via USPS; whether he done it knowing or not knowing its unlawful! My bet, it will work out OK. Good Luck to both.

Talk is cheap - except when Congress does it.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to
take an ass whoopin'

NRA Life Member
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

426 members (10ring1, 17Hunter, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1moredeer, 1badf350, 45 invisible), 1,512 guests, and 1,164 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,988
Posts18,520,103
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.