Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 444Matt
. You will not come up wanting in finding about my integrity.

I never lost faith in you Matt. The OP...well not so much.

RH

GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by cisco1
jryoung,
Happy to know you spend your time tracking me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cisco
Tracking?....He only pointed out some facts from your stupid azz ignorant comment yesterday.

Originally Posted by cisco1
I don't trust members with thousands of posts. Don't care to go much business with ANYONE spends that much time on the computer.
Cisco

Last edited by slg888; 05/10/12.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Although post numbers in themselves do not count, the relationships built over the years that the high post counts usually take do count. There are several members here who I would mail an item before payment is sent because I know they are as good as their word. Matt is one of those people.

Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've dealt with many low post count people here, all with complete satisfaction.
That said, a person with a high post count here makes me feel more at ease.
TBB got it right, those people with a long relationship here, as evidenced by their post count, tend to value their reputation here and have built up a reserve of trustworthiness which they are loathe to squander.
I also have a bit of a problem with people who have the vast majority (or all in some cases) of their posts in the Classifieds forum. That just bugs me.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
To the OP: You did get Matt's phone number and you did call him
before you sent money, right? And you did call and talk to him when you had concerns?

How much money are we talking here? You discussed the drop-dead date you needed the ammo with Matt before you sent the money?

Sh*t happens, I was doing a deal, went to bed and the next day I was in the hospital. 8 days later I got out and still did recovery for a week and a half. I was in contact with my guy and all was good.

Communication is the answer...

"I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man." --Robert Duvall.
"Fill your hand, you son-of-a-bitch!" --John Wayne.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Not real sure how any of this could be deemed as my fault. I made prompt payment with a good check which I told him he could hold as long as he needed to. And I still don't have my ammo. Seems pretty cut and dry to me. As far as contacting Matt on the phone I didn't think it was something I needed to do. Up until this point he has had a reputation as a gtg seller

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I have done quite a bit of business with quite a few on the fire. I have had a couple guys that took a week to ship and that's about as much as I could find to gripe about. I live in a semi rural area and know what it can take to make a run to town....so no worries.

I recently sold a rifle to a guy who tracked me down over a post on another forum....a guy with zero posts asks me to ship him a custom rifle. I was apprehensive but when a guy will call me and send an ffl, I know he is serious. In the end, we are both common members here and he is happy with his rifle, and I was paid promptly.

Things happen and we are mostly hobbiests with day jobs and shipping can sometimes be a challenge. I always offer my phone number and typically request it when dealing with a PO box address.

As said, comunication is king.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by chesterwy
Not real sure how any of this could be deemed as my fault. I made prompt payment with a good check which I told him he could hold as long as he needed to. And I still don't have my ammo. Seems pretty cut and dry to me. As far as contacting Matt on the phone I didn't think it was something I needed to do. Up until this point he has had a reputation as a gtg seller

But publicly calling him out seemed like good business to you?

Well, I know that I won't be doing any business with ya! Thanks for the heads up! smile

As for Matt, I'd trust him with my kids.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dude...I'd have contacted him prior to calling him out on the innanet.

I mean, stuff happens, life gets in the way. Not making excuses, but from what I have seen of Matt on here (never met him, nor have I conversed with him), he seems like a pretty stand-up guy.

Guess you needed the court of public opinion to tell you that you should man up and call the guy.

I'd rather have a bad day hunting than a good day working!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Re: You might want to check this out
444Matt
Campfire Guide

Loc: Alabama

Thank you, I really appreciate the heads up. The ammo is stuck in Denver as verifiable by the delivery confirmation number. Usps has opened a case on it but they are slow. I refunded the little chit his money on the 20th and never heard a word about it till now. No pms, emails or anything letting me know if the refund got their or not, I assumed it had and that there was no problem. Some people.....

Disabled American Veteran. U.S. Army 2000 - 2007 Proud to have served.
IC B3

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Sounds like Matt is a pucking saint.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Six weeks seems like an excessive amount of time for someone not to have taken possession of what they bought so the OP is within his rights to be unhappy. I've bought a few firearms from guys here on the fire and had them within a few days of them receiving the funds from me. Now having said that, the OP should have handled this a little more discreetly, but that's just my opinion. Looks to me like both party's contributed to this in one way or another, which is usually the case in almost any personal conflict.

God Bless America!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by farmer
Sounds like Matt is a pucking saint.

That's my title.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I deal on the campfire as often as possible.I haven't been burned yet, I think. I just got home from surgery on my finger as they moved it up a day. I am a little Hi on Oxycodone so am not sure what I am saying. the surgery turned out fine. Ok back to selling.Often times when I sell something I go ahead and ship the item as soon as the buyer verifys that they want it. I sell to canadians and Aussie Mates and I ship as soon as possible, because it sometimes takes extra time for a package to get through customs. And often times they will get the item before I get the money. but I never worry because the money is always on the way. I have found the best way to receive money from Austrailia is by pay pal. don't try to tell me that BS that they won't allow it. I have completed 5 transactions in the last month that were paid by pay pal.What were we talking about? OHyea bad people... don't worry and give shipping extra time sometimes shippers get re routed, so don't call anybody out on this buying/ selling unless 3 mos has went by without any word. Oxycodone is great(persription of course)I am going to take a nap now, you guys take a break.. grin

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Good grief...Hubert is on Med's again!! crazy

Turn me loose, set me free, somewhere in the middle of Montana!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Hubert
I deal on the campfire as often as possible.I haven't been burned yet, I think. I just got home from surgery on my finger as they moved it up a day. I am a little Hi on Oxycodone so am not sure what I am saying. the surgery turned out fine. Ok back to selling.Often times when I sell something I go ahead and ship the item as soon as the buyer verifys that they want it. I sell to canadians and Aussie Mates and I ship as soon as possible, because it sometimes takes extra time for a package to get through customs. And often times they will get the item before I get the money. but I never worry because the money is always on the way. I have found the best way to receive money from Austrailia is by pay pal. don't try to tell me that BS that they won't allow it. I have completed 5 transactions in the last month that were paid by pay pal.What were we talking about? OHyea bad people... don't worry and give shipping extra time sometimes shippers get re routed, so don't call anybody out on this buying/ selling unless 3 mos has went by without any word. Oxycodone is great(persription of course)I am going to take a nap now, you guys take a break.. grin

Too bad you can't sell Oxycodone because that was a good sales pitch.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Deflave,
Don't coun't on it Look at Leaf the dumb a$$. wink
BBJ

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Whatever Hub is on,I want some. And a half-dozen glazed donuts,

In a to-go bag...........

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by nsaqam
I've dealt with many low post count people here, all with complete satisfaction.
That said, a person with a high post count here makes me feel more at ease.
TBB got it right, those people with a long relationship here, as evidenced by their post count, tend to value their reputation here and have built up a reserve of trustworthiness which they are loathe to squander.
I also have a bit of a problem with people who have the vast majority (or all in some cases) of their posts in the Classifieds forum. That just bugs me.

+1, I agree with that....

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Kenneth
I've dealt with Matt, things went smooth.. I'm betting there's two sides to this story......

Maybe I missed it here, but I haven't read any reasonable explanation for this delay in providing the ammo...

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

208 members (300_savage, 16penny, 280shooter, 29aholic, 204guy, 2ndwind, 31 invisible), 2,299 guests, and 1,154 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,253
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.