Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
After reading this thread I'm not selling you guy's anything! grin

GB1

Been on the interwebs since the mid 1990's and one thing I've noticed is that all large forums are sort of like high school. You have the popular guys/gals (those who post daily with hundreds/thousands of posts under their belts) who sort of form a clique and they defend each other to the death. Right or wrong don't matter...you don't f*ck with one of our own. Not judging, just what I've experienced over the years as a member of dozens of forums. Been guilty of doing the same thing myself; just human nature to defend a friend.

I think both parties bare some responsibility for letting things get this far. If I were the OP I would have requested Matt's telephone number. If he failed to provide it or ignored the calls then I would have posted here knowing I exhausted all avenues. Matt should have known that shipping ammo via USPS is not permitted as it is on those big ass posters that list prohibited items in every post office I've ever walked into. After two weeks and still no ammo I would have figured it was confiscated, refunded the OP, and chalked it up to a lesson learned.

NRA Endowment Member since 1994.
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." Edward Abbey
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by pal
Originally Posted by mikeymjr23
Expecting a refund is one thing. However, calling someone out on a forum like this is just petty.

BS.

It was a last-ditch effort by the OP to get resolution on a deal which had gone bad. His communications w/ the seller had failed to produce any results for his money, and he obviously had not been provided a phone number, so attempted to resolve this through PM's which appear to have not been sufficiently answered in a reasonable manner.

We'll just call you Kreskin. You seem to have the final answer/word to controversial subjects or actions involving others. You should consider a name change so everyone can recognize your greatness [sic].

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
high post counts don't mean a dammmm thing, member on here(over 9k post) thats goodie two shoes and on an auction site is a real arse.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by MTLongRange
Been on the interwebs since the mid 1990's and one thing I've noticed is that all large forums are sort of like high school. You have the popular guys/gals (those who post daily with hundreds/thousands of posts under their belts) who sort of form a clique and they defend each other to the death. Right or wrong don't matter...you don't f*ck with one of our own. Not judging, just what I've experienced over the years as a member of dozens of forums. Been guilty of doing the same thing myself; just human nature to defend a friend.

I think both parties bare some responsibility for letting things get this far. If I were the OP I would have requested Matt's telephone number. If he failed to provide it or ignored the calls then I would have posted here knowing I exhausted all avenues. Matt should have known that shipping ammo via USPS is not permitted as it is on those big ass posters that list prohibited items in every post office I've ever walked into. After two weeks and still no ammo I would have figured it was confiscated, refunded the OP, and chalked it up to a lesson learned.

Oh , My God only 3 post and you dare speak.

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by texken
high post counts don't mean a dammmm thing, member on here(over 9k post) thats goodie two shoes and on an auction site is a real arse.

That's just plain wrong. Guys on here who have been here a decade, and have post counts 30K and above, are known by everyone and they know damn near everyone. They care about their reputation, and while they may not piss on your hair if your head was on fire, they'd go the extra 100 miles to make sure a transaction with you went smooth. If you think otherwise then you haven't been on here long enough to observe their behavior.

I
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I
Wow! This thread is still going?

And this is my first post.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TC1
After reading this thread I'm not selling you guy's anything! grin

+1!!!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Don't have a dog in this fight, just trying to get my post count up. But wait this is the classifieds so i suspect it won't count.

“The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right.”
― Mark Twain
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Jericho
Oh another one is not replacing the toilet paper roll when its
empty.
I hate when someone puts the stupid roll on backwards.

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by farmer

Oh , My God only 3 post and you dare speak.
LOL was thinking the same thing and almost made a post on it LOL.

Last edited by stumpman; 05/11/12.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

I know you are a new member here and welcome aboard (who knows maybe you are someone else that just didn't want us to really know who you are). Nonetheless, great post........

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Ironman65

That's freeking hilarious. Now what is your real name?....... whistle

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fatjack34
Originally Posted by nsaqam
Originally Posted by BareBack_Jack
Originally Posted by fatjack34

...piss left in a urinal...flush for the next swingin' dick eh!

How about public bathrooms ingeneral come on people ... $hit in it not at it... or piss in it not around it.... thats sick

BBJ

Not a whole lot worse than having to take a crap in a public restroom and have a guy rush in and take a loud, nasty, smelly dump in the next stall!
Damn that bugs me!

I can deal with that...but if you have shot buckshot or spin art all over the head, have the common [bleep] decency to give an attempt at decon you filthy [bleep]!

Even when the crapper looks like this!

[Linked Image]

Can anyone identify this location wink Les... anyone smile

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
reminds me of the Mountain Ranger School crapper @ Camp Merrill back in 1979... although this setup is too modern and too clean...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by nsaqam
It bugs me when people don't use their turn signals too. It also bugs me when I see grown people riding bicycles in Spandex and wearing helmets.
A whole bunch of other trivial things bug me as well.

Are you me, posting under a different name?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
looks like the "white elephant" @ mcgregor range outside Ft Bliss; but willing to believe there are many such buildings in use by our serviceman.

No Farmers---No Food
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Kenneth
You know what bugs me?

Traces of Jelly in the Peanut Butter jar.....Fricken Savages...

How about when your wife makes a left turn (without turn signal) and then turns into the left lane (of 2), knowing that in about a minute she's going to have to be in the right lane to turn right at the next light. Then at the last minute she looks up and complains when the person behind her, who got into the right lane TO BEGIN WITH, is there and "won't let me in"!

It's either that, or eating crackers in bed. Can't decide which is worse...

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ironman65

Welcome to the Fire!

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
C
C
Originally Posted by djones
Finally this thread is getting somewhere.

What I hate is when my wife takes her sweet ass time mowing the yard without any regard for the price of gas. If I didn't have a full ice chest of beer I don't know if I could stand to watch her.

Laughed my butt off reading this. I am surfing the net with a beer in my hand on the patio while my wife is riding the mower around! Life is good.

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (219 Wasp, 1badf350, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 53 invisible), 1,640 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,993
Posts18,520,267
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.