-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
C
C
Nothing to add, just running my post count up to build trust!

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Won't count since you posted it in classifieds!

“The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right.”
― Mark Twain
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ChetS
Originally Posted by djones
Finally this thread is getting somewhere.

What I hate is when my wife takes her sweet ass time mowing the yard without any regard for the price of gas. If I didn't have a full ice chest of beer I don't know if I could stand to watch her.

Laughed my butt off reading this. I am surfing the net with a beer in my hand on the patio while my wife is riding the mower around! Life is good.

Neighbor lady said I should be hung for not mowing. I said "Lady, I am. That's why she mows."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd like to offer my services as a middle man, all y'all just send your money, rifles, scopes, and pistols too me for "holding" and once I've proofed the items as campfire worthy I will forward them along.

Since I recently became a Campfire Bwana I won't even charge you for my servicesgrin

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Jerry/AK
nsaqam is saying something, but I've had him on ignore for years now, so who cares?

Jerry,
nsaqam must not have a life to live. With 11356 posts in 4 1/3 years is one hell of a bunch of nose sticking. I do gun smithing work also but don't use the forum for socializing. My time is too precious to live on the forum. I need to earn a living. Purchasing items on the fire allows me to complete some jobs or earn a profit at a gun show to help pay the gas and lights. But I DO HAVE A LIFE outside this great forum. I don't live here only visit when I have business or questions.

On another note, when I catch up with my back log (which seems like never) I will put together that 458 Lott with a break for teddy bears in the alders. I found a donor action for the ailing barrel I got from you last century. Should make a very handy life saver.

AdmiralZummie
Nuclear Grade U.B.C. Ret.
NRA Lifer

"For God so loved the world he didn't send a committee!"
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Money sent today. All this could have been avoided if the OP had sent me a heads up that the refund check I sent hadn't made it to him. Again I had NO IDEA that he hadn't recieved his money.

Here are images of the postal money order sent out today Express mail ie next day. However the clerk did inform me the quickest it would get to WY was Monday afternoon even though I was paying the full next day price.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The OP could have had his money weeks ago if he had just gave me notice that the refund I sent didn't make it. Instead he sat in silence and then thought it would be a good idea to try and make me out to be a complete ass.

I'm glad you are getting your money and this deal is over.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Or you could have sent the refund with a requirement that he sign for it and the receipt be returned to you.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I like that!

AdmiralZummie
Nuclear Grade U.B.C. Ret.
NRA Lifer

"For God so loved the world he didn't send a committee!"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The address supplied was a PO box, can you get delivery signature with a PO box? I don't know. The orignal refund was a personal check sent in an envelope with a regular stamp.

I also could have sent him $65 in pennies as his refund this time around for trying to make this such a public chitstorm rather than contact me directly about it which he didn't do when my personal check didn't make it to him.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
All this over 65 bucks. I guess times are hard.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Peters
All this over 65 bucks. I guess times are hard.

pretty pathetic really.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
[Linked Image]

Can anyone identify this location wink Les... anyone smile [/quote]

Just a wild guess, but is this the picture you took in the Men's Lounge at the "Four Balls Dancing Country Club" in Key West?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No Joby. That's the latrine at the Dust Bowl, NTC, Fort Irwin, CA. Time was, everyone training for desert warfare had been there at one time or other..
Actually it's funny as Hell as we had been training to fight in the Desert for eleven years before the conflict started in 1990.

g

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Campfire needs a "Professional Poster" category.
Cisco

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No they need a Campfire Classifieds Troll category.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Originally Posted by ChetS
Originally Posted by djones
Finally this thread is getting somewhere.

What I hate is when my wife takes her sweet ass time mowing the yard without any regard for the price of gas. If I didn't have a full ice chest of beer I don't know if I could stand to watch her.

Laughed my butt off reading this. I am surfing the net with a beer in my hand on the patio while my wife is riding the mower around! Life is good.

Neighbor lady said I should be hung for not mowing. I said "Lady, I am. That's why she mows."
LOL Now your killin me.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
That head looks like a larger version of the one's we had at NAS Memphis in 1970

Thanks for the memories!!!

It's a good day for something.
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Time to add my two cents.If i'm the op,it would sure raise my eyebrows to think the USPS screwed up twice,once with the ammo and the second time with the refund especially with the length of time the deal went on.I know a lot of guys on here have a hardon for paypal,but for the small fee for a $65.00 refund it could have been sent a "gift" and the man would have had his money and the fees incured are probably about the same as it cost him for the mo and stamp.A pm or e-mail from the op warning him of going public might also have thrown the redflag to the seller.A Paypal account doesn't cost anything to set up and could have settled a bad situation in a hurry.I also agree that the seller should have never sent the ammo USPS.There have been enough threads on this subject and enough warning posters in the post office itself to discourage it.If it can't be sent in a timely fashion the buyer should have been told that ahead of time.Most problems can be worked out if there is proper communication "before" the deal is finalized.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I frankly love Paypal and if your account is set up right there are ZERO fees for buyer or seller when using the "gift" option.
I recently discovered that there are ZERO fees for either party if you use the "services" option.

Sure makes payment either way very very easy and quick.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by fellas2
Time to add my two cents.If i'm the op,it would sure raise my eyebrows to think the USPS screwed up twice,once with the ammo and the second time with the refund especially with the length of time the deal went on.I know a lot of guys on here have a hardon for paypal,but for the small fee for a $65.00 refund it could have been sent a "gift" and the man would have had his money and the fees incured are probably about the same as it cost him for the mo and stamp.A pm or e-mail from the op warning him of going public might also have thrown the redflag to the seller.A Paypal account doesn't cost anything to set up and could have settled a bad situation in a hurry.I also agree that the seller should have never sent the ammo USPS.There have been enough threads on this subject and enough warning posters in the post office itself to discourage it.If it can't be sent in a timely fashion the buyer should have been told that ahead of time.Most problems can be worked out if there is proper communication "before" the deal is finalized.

Great post fellas2. The usps has really pissed me off lately too. I recently sent a usps money order out using priority mail for a pistol I bought from a guy on gunbroker. Ive been tracking it and its going all over the country side and has taken almost a week to get there which is not typical of them. Good thing Im able to track it though or maybe id think the guy ran off with my money....Moral of the story is chit happens but I really think matt has done everything he could possibly do and maybe we should all learn from this in one way or another....

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

351 members (06hunter59, 163bc, 12344mag, 160user, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 40 invisible), 2,001 guests, and 989 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,541
Posts18,531,236
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.