Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Matt,
I had to wonder why you would ask others here to check the status of your Delivery Confirmation. Then it occurred to me that maybe you are simply unaware of how to do it. Go here and enter your Delivery Confirmation number: https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction!input.action

Save the link for future reference. Good luck.
Jerry/AK

"Smile, God loves you!"
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dude, it was a rhetorical question. Of course I f'n know how to check the status.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
This thread is like the Energizer bunny.....It keeps going and going and going and going......

Do you know what happens when you put the Energizer Bunny's batteries in backwards?

He keeps coming and coming and coming............. cry grin

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Matt,
Now really...which of us was Rude, Dude?
Jerry/AK

"Smile, God loves you!"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sorry if I'm a little on ege. I'm just ticked off at the OP and the fact that MY NAME is still hanging out there in the thread title.

IC B2

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Can't we just change it? wink

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You just did Pal. grin

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Little chit won't reply back I see.

Disabled American Veteran. U.S. Army 2000 - 2007 Proud to have served.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by lovesomeshootin
Little chit won't reply back I see.

Exactly.

So far we have the ammo I originally shipped (incorrectly and my fault) still floating out there somewhere in Denver. The original personal check I mailed when he first requested it. (no big deal as I had the bank cancell the check, but still uneasy about my acount info floating out there in postal lah lah land) and Now the money order refund sent next day mail with delivery confirmation/tracking all floating out in the mail.

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Got the money order today. Glad you were able to sneak one past the post master in order to save face with your buddies on here. And lovesomeshootin as much as I would like to tell you to go [bleep] yourself I can't do that to a veteran. All I can say to you is thank you for your service and sacrifice to our country. You have yourself a good evening.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thinking Matt didn't have to save face at all.

You on the other hand have plenty of damage control to do.

Not likely to happen though since you contribute nothing and merely troll the Classifieds.

I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Let's see, member for a little over 2 years, less than 100 total posts of which over 75% are in the classifieds section. I think nsaqam hit the nail on the head.

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
And all of my classified transactions have gone very well. I hope the ATF gets your ammo back to you. With any luck they will bring it to your house.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Wow...the reactions here are truly amazing. This transaction was handled far from perfectly on either end, but it is easier to see how the OP could be upset considering it was multiple mistakes/oversights by the seller that led to the problem in the first place.

If the seller knew how to properly ship ammo (it's rather common knowledge that ammo is NOT allowed by the USPS), all of this could have been avoided. If the seller had followed up on the delivery in a timely manner, all could have been avoided. And if the seller had checked to see that the refund was delivered and received, the post that he is offended by would not have been made.

But what is truly perplexing is the attitudes of folks like nsagam who wrote: "Thinking Matt didn't have to save face at all.
You on the other hand have plenty of damage control to do. Not likely to happen though since you contribute nothing and merely troll the Classifieds."

So, according to that level of ignorance, one must assume that if you post a bunch -- no matter if it is nothing but pure horse hockey -- , it is OK to make mistakes and have questionable transactions. However, if you don't post much, you have no right to anything and should have no reasonable expectations of fair treatment.

That is absolutely pitiful...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by chesterwy
And lovesomeshootin as much as I would like to tell you to go [bleep] yourself I can't do that to a veteran.

Think you kindda just did.

Did you sevre? If not please don't get into it with me! You see the ribbons I have! That purple one means a hell of alot for me and to everyone else.

Some people just don't get it....

Disabled American Veteran. U.S. Army 2000 - 2007 Proud to have served.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by BobbyTomek
Wow...the reactions here are truly amazing. This transaction was handled far from perfectly on either end, but it is easier to see how the OP could be upset considering it was multiple mistakes/oversights by the seller that led to the problem in the first place.

If the seller knew how to properly ship ammo (it's rather common knowledge that ammo is NOT allowed by the USPS), all of this could have been avoided. If the seller had followed up on the delivery in a timely manner, all could have been avoided. And if the seller had checked to see that the refund was delivered and received, the post that he is offended by would not have been made.

But what is truly perplexing is the attitudes of folks like nsagam who wrote: "Thinking Matt didn't have to save face at all.
You on the other hand have plenty of damage control to do. Not likely to happen though since you contribute nothing and merely troll the Classifieds."

So, according to that level of ignorance, one must assume that if you post a bunch -- no matter if it is nothing but pure horse hockey -- , it is OK to make mistakes and have questionable transactions. However, if you don't post much, you have no right to anything and should have no reasonable expectations of fair treatment.

[Linked Image]

JLarsson - Hunter, shooter, reloader.........Mostly in that order. wink
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
No I did not serve. But I do have a deep appreciation for veterans. My comments to you were not in any way sarcastic or synical. Thanks again for your service.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by BobbyTomek

Beats the hell outa me how someone can do everything wrong but with enough posts in the right spots be totally in the right no matter what. Hell the OP had his money tied up for almost two months before he got a refund. Yet everybody jumps on his poor ass. Bet your ass I ain't buying from Matt.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I would deal with chesterwy in a heartbeat and without reservation.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't see that Matt did everything wrong. He mailed ammo using the USPS which was wrong. When it became clear that the ammo never arrived he sent a refund check to the OP. The OP never told him the refund check never arrived. When the OP failed to notify Matt that the check never arrived Matt naturally assumed it had or he would've heard about it.
The first time he heard about it was when the OP made this public calling out thread with the Matt's name right in the title line. That's low class in and of itself. After the OP made this public thread Matt then realized the check had never arrived and proceeded to pay the refund again.
It all could've been handled in private and there would've been no need for face saving on either of their parts.

As to the frequency and the location of postings on this site I'll not apologize for cutting a bit of slack to a long time member who contribute the benefit of their knowledge and experience throughout this site. I will not apologize either for a certain amount of disdain for those who merely use this site to hawk their wares and snatch up bargains.
I've felt this way for a long time and will continue to feel this way in the future.

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

396 members (10ring1, 17Hunter, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1moredeer, 1badf350, 40 invisible), 1,416 guests, and 1,098 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,984
Posts18,520,042
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.