Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Keeping lines of communication open via PM's, emails, or phone calls would have negated the need for this thread in the first place - and those are all two-way streets. It may be especially prudent to exhaust all possible means of communication prior to starting a "deal gone bad" thread regarding a well-established member of the forum. As life lessons go, this was probably one of the easier ones...

Originally Posted by RED53
Some shooting knowledge: Don't stand in front of the muzzle. Some hunting knowledge: Too much noise ruins the hunt.
GB1

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Gasman
It may be especially prudent to exhaust all possible means of communication prior to starting a "deal gone bad" thread regarding a well-established any member of the forum.

Agree, with one small change.

It just seems that some people jump with both feet way too early.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
If your wasting minutes of your life stressing over something out of your control then take control or move on. Pick up the @#$&^ phone and spend 2 minutes to start things in the right direction. [bleep] happens and that's the way it is. If you don't like it then don't do it.

And Paypal is no free ride by a long shot. They froze my account for over $600 and took it all in the end.. Someone paid them with a stolen credit card and they froze my account 2 months later after I got an Email from them telling me they are looking into an Ebay sale of mine for some air bags. I sent the airbags to buyer. Paypal took my money. I am out airbags and money. I was the only one who lost anything and the only one who did anything right.

There response to was a tongue in cheek @#^ you, read the agreement you "clicked" on to accept our service. They got paid twice I am sure with insurance. I also was never supposed to find out about the CCard. A newbie was reading her screen to me as I was yelling for the millionth time about why I just lost my money and no one is giving me a reason.

$%&#$ paypal. A check takes a few days to a week and a couple days at the bank. Paypal takes 3-4 days anyway and they can keep your money anytime they want. If you dont believe keep using it...

W

"I would build one again, if it were not for my 350RM (grin)."

MtnHtr
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Paypal is instant if you link a CC or a bank account and I will quite eagerly continue using PP every chance I get.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And still no stock or cartridge trap for my ! Been over 2 years now, and have heard nothing from sitka deer, if he ever intends to make it right.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hey Mark, did ya end up finding a good pup? I remember you were looking around a little while ago.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
The one thing that keep pooping up in this whole thread that bugs me is the constant reference to a "low post count".Every member on this forum started out as a "new member" with no posts and had they been blackballed from doing business for that reason they wouldn't have been memebrs long.There are a lot of memebrs on here myself included that don't have a high post count for a variety of reason.I'm sure some members are a little hesitant to post questions or contribute simply because they don't have a great knowledge of the subject.Some prefer just to read the posts and be satisfied with that.Others still may find doing a simple search of a subject may give them all the information they need from previous posts.Either way i'd be more hesitant of a "new member" trying to sell stuff in the classifieds that an existing member with a low post count.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A longtime member with low post count isn't here only to sell and buy stuff so I do agree with the above post. Not everyone feels the need to broadcast what they are doing right now (ala Facebook and other social media where people tell each other what they are eating or when they are taking a crap). Some are just content reading.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by nsaqam
Paypal is instant if you link a CC or a bank account and I will quite eagerly continue using PP every chance I get.

Plus many banks now offer person2person payments even when both are not bank customers. All you need is an email of the person and then the bank will send instructions on how you can accept the money.

I don't mind going to USPS and filling out a MO for large purchases but I won't bother if the purchase is fairly small. Just not worth my time. If they very least won't accept a bill pay check (bank certified) then I'll pass on the item.

There are so many ways to get the funds to a person instantly that failure to refund in timely manner is at minimum laziness.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Several forums require one to have a certain number of substantive posts in other parts of the site before you can take advantage of the Classifieds section.
I'm not advocating for that here but there is a certain logic to that.

Fellas, I wouldn't call a four year member with over 750 posts a low post count noob. You spread your posts around on the site too.

Check out the post for the Dozier Straight Personal-User in the Classifieds here and although the MIA guy was a rather long time member ALL of his posts were in the Classifieds.

I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
nsagam, The vast majority of my posts have been in the classifieds. I enjoy buying and collecting firearms but not really interested in what makes them tick or the proper round for killing cape buffaloes. If I understand you correctly you would prefer that I not post an "I'll take it" on any of your classified listings. Just asking

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by deflave

Too bad you can't sell Oxycodone because that was a good sales pitch.

Oxycodone propably doesn't need any sales pitches, just reliable suppliers. Reliable oxycodone supplier, that just might be an oxymoron right there. My ex-neighbor had a steady supply of them, propably why he got his house foreclosed. When you are constantly happy enough to not worry about paying bills, only bad things can happen. smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 61pass
nsagam, The vast majority of my posts have been in the classifieds. I enjoy buying and collecting firearms but not really interested in what makes them tick or the proper round for killing cape buffaloes. If I understand you correctly you would prefer that I not post an "I'll take it" on any of your classified listings. Just asking

Nope, not at all. I'll deal with anyone (most anyone, Larry Root is excepted). Check out the GGL. I just put Shredbaron in there and he has been a member for less than a week and has three entire posts.
I'm merely saying that, in my recollection, most of the BS calling out threads involve members who primarily post in the Classified Forum.
I'll also readily admit that I'm somewhat biased (my issue not anyone else's) against folks who I perceive, use this site merely as a trading post for wares rather than information.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm through with this thread because I'd like to see Matt's name off the front page and it won't ever be if I continue posting here.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I have a dead horse that needs beating but I'm unsure how to go about it. Is there anyone that could help me out with that?? grin

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by shootem
I have a dead horse that needs beating but I'm unsure how to go about it. Is there anyone that could help me out with that?? grin

Post his picture and I'm sure we can beat the h3ll out of it!

Disabled American Veteran. U.S. Army 2000 - 2007 Proud to have served.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by lovesomeshootin
Originally Posted by shootem

Post his picture and I'm sure we can beat the h3ll out of it!
[Linked Image]

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

68 members (alffe, 6mmCreedmoor, anothergun, 375sunrise, 14 invisible), 828 guests, and 891 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,977
Posts18,519,909
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.