-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 19 of 32 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 31 32
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like the one campground idea, and we much prefer the lakeside idea as camping without a lake or river in sight is just not as much fun for us. My vote is the campround nearby the lake and folks that stay in hotels or other places can gather there. Those of us with RV's will share our 'facilities' I am sure. We even have an outdoor shower for the wimminz! smile Ken insisted on that one <G>

My .02 FWIW.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Armijo campground sure does look like an el primo spot for a coagulation of our brand of renegades and reprobates! Heck, Joe might even like it well enough to tolerate a little dust on his pick-up! laugh

Let's just hope that nobody else is clogging it up when we get there!

[Linked Image]

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Mark,

Neither of the "family" campgrounds (the two I mentioned at the lake) have a view of the water. In fact, there is only one that I saw that did have a view of the water, and it is right at the boat launch and is quite small. It looks more like an extension of the boat launch parking lot than a regular camping spot.

That said, I'm open to whatever folks want to do. I'm pretty flexible, even in my old age. grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The free campground where we gathered last year is right by the lake. I don't remember the name of it. IIRC, it's the next one along the lake road, beyond the first boat-ramp area.

The Armijo campground (above) is of course a few miles from the lake.

"Good enough" isn't.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Ken,

I guess I missed that. Might have been interested in driving...

Again, whatever works for folks, I'm just trying to stir up conversation and get folks thinking about the Gathering and options that are there.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Free primitive camping with vault toilets is available in the Cove and El Caso camp grounds. Boat use is restricted to oars or electric motors.

The Campfire crowd gathered at the Cove campground last year.

"Good enough" isn't.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
OK, now I remember. That is one we didn't drive down into.

I sit corrected! grin

Ed

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I don't care where I am just thrilled to be showing up!

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
That's the same way I feel, Scott!

I may sleep in the bed of my truck. As long as it's not parked IN the lake, I'll be fine! grin

Ed

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Wimp! grin

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
That's the same way I feel, Scott!

I may sleep in the bed of my truck. As long as it's not parked IN the lake, I'll be fine! grin

Ed

I found out last summer my cot is 2 inches too long for my short bed pickup. Skeeters like to et me alive up on that mountain at our get togther.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
In a lot of ways the Cove Campground spot worked out really well last year. Though setting camp on gravel ain't the ideal.
It was right by the water, plenty of room for trucks/trailers, close to Snuffy's, had a toilet, etc.
It wasn't much of a drive to get to the spot we shot at etiher... maybe five minutes or so.

I am game for whatever really. Its looking more and more like it will just be my son Stephen and I so I am figuring on sleeping in the the truck bed.

The view from last year's camp:
[Linked Image]

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
AFTER the P'Dog hunt with curdog4570, RickyD, and others, I discovered that my one-man, three season, backpacking tent will set up IN the bed of my truck if the tonneau cover is raised all the way up.

So, no more 'skeeter bites at night. grin

BTW, that'll teach you to buy a short-bed truck...

Ed

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
AFTER the P'Dog hunt with curdog4570, RickyD, and others, I discovered that my one-man, three season, backpacking tent will set up IN the bed of my truck if the tonneau cover is raised all the way up.

Ed

I like to park it in my garage wink

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by eh76
� Skeeters like to et me alive up on that mountain at our get together.

I thought for a while that I'd out-thunk 'em �

I tried to sleep under an upside-down bath tub (cast iron). When they jabbed their probosces through it, I clenched 'em over with a big ball-peen.

But they proved to be too many for me. When enough of 'em showed-up, they flew away with my bath tub and let the second battalion have me.

"Good enough" isn't.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Ed

And Scott called ME a wimp? laugh

Ed

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Skeeters �

I'm allergic to their anticoagulant � get itchy white knots everywhere that they've just refueled. My part-Cherokee grandfather, he of the saddle-leather hide, always advised "Just ignore 'em, Son."

Yeah, right!

OFF! candles help me ignore 'em now. And OFF!'s TV ads now say that there's a belt clip-on that keeps 'em away.

I'll bet! I have my doubts about even a saddle-leather hide.

"Good enough" isn't.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Thermacells DO work, Ken! Plug-n-Play skeeter repellent!

Ed

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Ed

And Scott called ME a wimp? laugh

Ed

I got 2 of them

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Only room for 1 in the garage and 1 in the driveway wink

Not sure I want to drag my trailer for a weekend.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
See, if you had the proper LONG-bed, you wouldn't be DRAGGING the trailer, you would be TOWING it at the proper attitude. laugh

Ed

Page 19 of 32 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 31 32

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 21, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 66 invisible), 2,434 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,447
Posts18,489,641
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.