Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Never owned a Mexican.....yet. That is my kind of rifle. Is that a tapered octagon to round barrel on there? Fine hunk of walnut too. You composite stock fellas lookin'? Tell me this doesn't get your blood pumpin'. I never get tired of this stuff. Thanks JR.....

Life is brief. Treat yourself. You earned it.
GB1

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
All fine rifles. Wow!

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Thanks Chet. Ever lay it on a scale. Very nice.

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Thanks Randy. That G is coming along nicely.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Threads like this make me smile grin

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

IC B2

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Biesen is a master! Very nice indeed!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Man my rifles are ugly now! Nice rifles guys. wink

JOC was right. The 270 Winchester on a Model 70 is a great combination as is the 30/06 and 375 H&H

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I cannot post pictures from here but they have been posted before. I have a 6 1/2# walnut and steel 19" barreled 8x57 receiver sighted custom on an Erfurt and a Wisner built 7x57 on a Swede with all the bells and whistles including the G33/40 cuts. The Erfurt will be heading to South Africa in a bit over two weeks.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
how about a small ring customized to be left handed...has a shilen 257Bob barrel, could use a restock but not something you see every day...

[Linked Image]

Andrew
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by lovemy99
how about a small ring customized to be left handed...has a shilen 257Bob barrel, could use a restock but not something you see every day...

[Linked Image]

Certainly not Drew.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by custombolt

Yes. It weighs 7.75 pounds with the 6x36 Leupold.

Chet

The first great thing is to find yourself and for that you need solitude and contemplation. I can tell you deliverance will not come from the rushing noisy centers of civilization. It will come from the lonely places. Fridtjof Nansen
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by nsaqam
Originally Posted by lovemy99

[Linked Image]

Certainly not Drew.

I am no Mauser expert for sure but to be fair, I believe this is actually a Mexican 1910 with a 98 bolt shroud and a cock on opening conversion.

I am really unsure how they managed this conversion... It does not show any signs of welding but does show some draw file marks. I think the rear ring has been extended a bit. Its well done no matter. Any information is appreciated.

Andrew
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Is that a tapered octagon to round barrel on there? Fine hunk of walnut too. .... I never get tired of this stuff. Thanks JR.....

The barrel was built in Austria many years ago and recently rebored by Delta Gunshop. It's one of the few integral rib half round/octagon that didn't have any rear sight dovetail cut into the barrel. Musta come with a peep.

I wouldn't push your Erfurt too hard. Pretty sure they are small ring, large thread.

There are some more pics of the Mex posted above over here at.
AR Mexican thread

gunmaker
------------------
Custom Metalsmith & Stockmaker
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by EdM
I cannot post pictures from here but they have been posted before. I have a 6 1/2# walnut and steel 19" barreled 8x57 receiver sighted custom on an Erfurt and a Wisner built 7x57 on a Swede with all the bells and whistles including the G33/40 cuts. The Erfurt will be heading to South Africa in a bit over two weeks.
Thanks for the weight quote on the Erfurt. Now I want the G33/40 cuts. Better go and email Ted for a quote on the cuts. Im trying to end up at around 6.5# including a gold ring Ultralight 3X9.

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Chetaf

Yes. It weighs 7.75 pounds with the 6x36 Leupold.

Chet
Thanks. That 36mm is a nice fit.

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by JRGunmaker
Is that a tapered octagon to round barrel on there? Fine hunk of walnut too. .... I never get tired of this stuff. Thanks JR.....

The barrel was built in Austria many years ago and recently rebored by Delta Gunshop. It's one of the few integral rib half round/octagon that didn't have any rear sight dovetail cut into the barrel. Musta come with a peep.

I wouldn't push your Erfurt too hard. Pretty sure they are small ring, large thread.

AR Mexican thread
That barrel really pops. I plan on pushing the creedmoors at 2,900 plus. Definitely won't push it over 3,000. I think the large thread Douglas Premium chromoly barrel can handle it.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

AR Mexican thread
That barrel really pops. I plan on pushing the creedmoors at 2,900 plus. Definitely won't push it over 3,000. I think the large thread Douglas Premium chromoly barrel can handle it.

It's the small ring action with that barrel that is the concern. I keep my Erfurt loaded to 50 kpsi maximum.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by EdM

AR Mexican thread

It's the small ring action with that barrel that is the concern. I keep my Erfurt loaded to 50 kpsi maximum.
JR, Have you chronied your max loads at or near the muzzle? If so, please mention the bullet weight. I know what kilopascals are. I just have no way to measure chamber pressures. So, albeit assumably less precise, I need to rely on fps at the muzzle. Thanks. I love this ship. smirk Ray

Last edited by custombolt; 05/17/12.

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by EdM
Thanks for the weight quote on the Erfurt. Now I want the G33/40 cuts. Better go and email Ted for a quote on the cuts. Im trying to end up at around 6.5# including a gold ring Ultralight 3X9.
My smith said the cuts shouldn't cost more than $125 or so. But, weight savings is minimal. Still, lots of cool factor there. Thanks again.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
The first pic is my small ring Peruvian. It has some of the G33/44 cuts. It has damascus scope bases. I chambered it in 250-3000. Jim Kobe stocked it and the metal is out for rust blue.

[Linked Image]

Next is my small ring Mexican by David Christman in 275 Rigby.

[Linked Image]

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (219 Wasp, 1lessdog, 1minute, 2500HD, 06hunter59, 204guy, 57 invisible), 2,425 guests, and 1,346 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,894
Posts18,518,374
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.