-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was looking for a takeoff 375 barrel. Don't need one anymore.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have posted some WTB's.

Some folks look at that like , "here is my opportunity to make some real cash."

I once posted a WTB for a 10/22 Finger-groove sporter.

I got 2 replies, one asking $600 for his. At the time, a good $200 above market. I respectfully declined his offer.

Posting a WTB can also be looking for things that have little use to some, but that you are looking for for a special project.

Such as a take-off bbl.

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer but how he hunted it.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't know about other people here , but if i buy i will pay and if i sell something then i expect a person to be honest enough to pay. Lay Away is for places like WalMart

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by milespatton
I�ve done a bit of business here. The vast majority of my posts are in the classifieds, that�s ok with me.

Imagine that! What you are doing is OK with you! People amaze me sometime. miles

Yep. It's ok with me. If you don't want to buy from, or sell to me, ok...no skin off my back!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Looks like Hoogie had it figured out awhile back.....

"When some guy starts hollering about another's lack of integrity, it is usually because his own lack of integrity is rearing its ugly head."

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hogan
Perhaps the young man is inexperienced and didn't have larceny in his heart? I can give him that.

I have not followed his Blazing path across this forum and had he disclosed his age, it would have explained a lot.

I am not a "dealer", nor do I care about selling this gear at this time. I do understand this is a family site. I haven't sold gear to minors or teenagers that I know of. Sold a few knives years ago, but not to anyone under age 21.

I did think Mr. Tanner showed a high level of immaturity in the way he posted his WTBs for same stuff all over the net. Thought maybe he was just a nut job having a mid-life crisis. Not like there is a shortage of these types on the forums that're always buying loads of stuff and chisel you down on price to get a fair price...

Are there lots of 18 and under folk posting here? Mr. Tanner is evidently in process of building several rifles. He can't decide if he wants a Rem 700 or Win 70 in .375 H&H. Maybe he's gonna buy both; if he can get a "fair price"....

There is a big "fair price" crowd at Campfire. It is obnoxious and a sign of immaturity to expect a stranger you've never met or shown interest in to cut you a deal because you're YOU and YOU think you deserve whatever you want on whatever terms you decide are fair...

When a guy, even if he is only 18, is only interested in price. Whe he don't care to see a pic that you've offered, when he won't sign is full name in course of a couple replies, it shows all the guy cares about is a cheap deal.

Guys who are all about the money are rarely worth knowing, and even less likely are they worth dealing with. When a guy says he wants to buy and don't state how or when he's going to pay you, it is a harbinger of doom on a deal.

I've bought stuff from some of the people on this thread. Pretty sure I bought a Buckmasters scope from Traylor. Paid $225 for the used scope, no box, in decent condition if you like a mildly canted mil-dot reticle. Course, might've been another guy who's a lawyer in OR. Seems like the guy was a lawyer... Maybe Killer owns a meat market or a feedlot? Good name for a lawyer anyway; honest...

Ya know guys, I've posted good replies on a variety of subjects here over the years, but I'm on other forums since my real interest is more in precision shooting and handloading, plus hunting with tactical gear. I am no longer mad at the deer, turkey's, moose, or bear. I've killed and field dressed enough game animals, but still admit to liking a Grouse dinner from time to time...

Tanner will fit in really well here. He's learned from The Best to assume he ain't gonna get a fair deal or a fair price... He's learned that The Chase here on The Classifieds is all about beating a guy out of his last $10..

I came to this forum in 2006, and "you guys" were running some poor guy out of town on a rail for admitting he needed the money to pay bills so decided to sell his gear to a guy who offered him more than the first guy who posted "I'll take it"...

Bunch of grifters then and a bunch of grifters now.
I doubt I've posted 5 items for sale here since 2012 rolled in.

I am glad I was successful enough not to ever have to worry about whether if I sold something too low, would my family or financial situation suffer...

Have met a bunch of good guys here in between the bums, but ain't that the way of life? It's all about your perspective.

Some of the biggest bums are the most unlikely. Like the military upper-level officer who was ecstatic to buy my
Rem 700 .22-250 Varmint Special barreled action. He just needed 3 weeks to come up with the other half of the money. A month later, having never head from him that he needed to pay later than planned, I sent him back his $300 deposit less cost for postal moneyorder and stamp. The guy bitched me out, but he conducted his business like a bum...

Oh well, some deals get done, some don't.
Life is too short to have to deal with bums...

If your original post was started to segway to a "bitch about a lot of other deals and call out additional others along the way" platform, you've succeeded - congratulations. wink

A simple search prior to offering the tube to Tanner would have shown you he's a ridiculously eager youngster soaking in all he can regarding rifles. I'm sure you had everything figured out when you were 18, I know I did. wink

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks Scott.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bea175
I don't know about other people here , but if i buy i will pay and if i sell something then i expect a person to be honest enough to pay. Lay Away is for places like WalMart

Surprisingly enough I've now bought two rifles here using a layaway plan.
Both were suggested by the sellers with no prompting from me.

One has been completed to perfect satisfaction for both parties and one is proceeding nicely along that same path.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
H
hogan Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Don't really care about any excuses the kid makes.

Is this place now a Field Of Dreams for "post it, and they will reply & meet your price"?

If the kid had any class, his first reply to someone offering him merchandise he advertised To Buy would not be to insult the guy seeking to help him meet his goals. Asking questions, getting some pics, identifying yourself, and stating up-front that you can't pay for several weeks goes a long way to helping the seller find a reason to work with you.

All the other junk posted here and opinions on who's a good-guy mean nothing. Had I wanted to "call-out" this member, I would have Done So; but I did not... The topic relates to buyers here who spare no effort to weasel the last dime out of a seller. Tanner just seems to have learned this game at a tender age.

BTW. In the last 60 days, Tanner has posted over 200 replies and posts on Classifieds. 200 posts in the last 60 days is pretty amazing. Lots to buy & sell, I reckon... Must be some really heavyduty Wheeler-Dealer, this kid...

There are other "buyers" on this forum who conduct themselves in similar manner. I was questioning whether the tactics employed were now acceptable. Pretty sure I stated that up front.

I looked at my stats... I've posted 8 items for sale and replied to 48 posts on Classifieds since Jan 1, 2012... Sold none of the items I listed.

Not really difficult for me to sell stuff; just not here. Guys here are just into gaming their buddies, good-ol' boy cowpie kickers having fun and chumping the unwitting sellers where they can. That is the big attraction.

By The Way, there are 371 members sitting on Classifieds as I type this. Only Hunters Campfire has similar # of guys perusing it. I would say most people come here to find deals on stuff they need to buy or want to sell.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Welcome to the b***h forum. I don't like this so I will cry about it. Some one did this so I cry about it. No one was hurt in the so call deal move on and quit crying. I can't believe some of the crap that has gone on here lately.

GA precision all day long
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The majority of the posts I've put in here have been selling all of my 243 stuff after getting rid of the gun, and providing the bump here and there for a friend or good guy. A bit over 3 posts a day on here is amazing? That's news to me.

I'm not a kid, nor do I act like one. Take a step back perhaps, and see who is acting like a "kid".

I'll continue to learn and post on this site with class, you go ahead and do whatever pleases you. I hope the 5 minutes of your time I wasted with the barrel didn't too badly screw up your life.

Last edited by Tanner; 05/23/12.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
And the score is... Tanner +50 ..... Hogan -40 with 8 pages and 70 posts!!! Yipeee Tanner!
Hogan...stop whining sheesh

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hogan is a whiny beotch who likes his stuff too much it would seem since he admits he can't sell anything here.

I just sold two rifles and a scope and the total time for each was less than an hour from beginning to end.

If you don't like it here Hogan don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

[bleep] loser!

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I hate seeing threads like this go 8 pages. Long threads should be reserved for dead ungulates and pictures of rifles. So Mr. Hogan can say what he pleases, but this thread is as good as dead I do believe. Sorry for another post on it...

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Well said... few things stink as bad as a party room the day after.

If things were as obvious as they initially appear . . . then men would be riding horseback sidesaddle . . . and not women. - Will Rogers
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
You don't need to make any apology's, or answer to any accusations Tanner.

You're not the one who is wrong here.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a hunting license and that's pretty close.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
+A1 on that one...
He's only here to peddle...What happens here is no different than two guys talking about guns and swapping stuff. Simple system... price... sell...or don't

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mauser_Hunter
You don't need to make any apology's, or answer to any accusations Tanner.

You're not the one who is wrong here.

Well said

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by hogan
Don't really care about any excuses the kid makes.

Is this place now a Field Of Dreams for "post it, and they will reply & meet your price"?

If the kid had any class, his first reply to someone offering him merchandise he advertised To Buy would not be to insult the guy seeking to help him meet his goals. Asking questions, getting some pics, identifying yourself, and stating up-front that you can't pay for several weeks goes a long way to helping the seller find a reason to work with you.

All the other junk posted here and opinions on who's a good-guy mean nothing. Had I wanted to "call-out" this member, I would have Done So; but I did not... The topic relates to buyers here who spare no effort to weasel the last dime out of a seller. Tanner just seems to have learned this game at a tender age.

BTW. In the last 60 days, Tanner has posted over 200 replies and posts on Classifieds. 200 posts in the last 60 days is pretty amazing. Lots to buy & sell, I reckon... Must be some really heavyduty Wheeler-Dealer, this kid...

There are other "buyers" on this forum who conduct themselves in similar manner. I was questioning whether the tactics employed were now acceptable. Pretty sure I stated that up front.

I looked at my stats... I've posted 8 items for sale and replied to 48 posts on Classifieds since Jan 1, 2012... Sold none of the items I listed.

Not really difficult for me to sell stuff; just not here. Guys here are just into gaming their buddies, good-ol' boy cowpie kickers having fun and chumping the unwitting sellers where they can. That is the big attraction.

By The Way, there are 371 members sitting on Classifieds as I type this. Only Hunters Campfire has similar # of guys perusing it. I would say most people come here to find deals on stuff they need to buy or want to sell.

If you don't like the classifieds then peddle your wares some where else...You stated your self that you have not sold anything this years..wonder why..DUH

I would say most people come here to find deals on stuff they need to buy or want to sell.

You figured that out all by your self or did your sister help you out..

I vote for Tanner....for something...

Last edited by Oklahoma; 05/23/12.

whistle grin wink cool crazy shocked blush tired sleep

Wipe your mouth, there's still a tiny bit of bullshit around your lips.
U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
I am not understanding the OP's position on the classifieds. Nor do I think Tanner did anything wrong. Doesn't appear he tried to get the barrel for nearly half the asking either.

I am impressed that Tanner didn't use "it's like" or "totally" in his posts.

This thread isn't even bricktop worthy nor should it be 8 pages long.

Guess I am not helping on that front though.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

516 members (160user, 204guy, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 1badf350, 1shotnokilz, 47 invisible), 2,109 guests, and 1,158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,548
Posts18,531,407
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.