Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
H
hogan Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Tanner says above: "I was looking for a takeoff 375 barrel. Don't need one anymore."

Not True.
Not once while we were messaging did The Kid say he was just making inquiries. He posted that he Wanted To Buy, not that he was "looking for a barrel".

If you are "looking for" an item, it means you want to SEE What Is Out There. This is also a forum-grifters sort of gambit because it fast becomes a race to the bottom among those who will take anything... This place is all about scamming the seller and sellers not disclosing defects they should have. But all among buddies, eh?

If you are "Looking For" an item, is your first response to see how low in price seller will go?

No. You're just LOOKING, with no intent to buy today.

If guy says he Wants To Buy, do you take him at his Word?
He's said he's a buyer.
Can you assume he wants to buy and get the item promptly?
Should he say so, up front; IF he don't have the money to pay right away? Should he say he can wait for an item in his budget?

It always amuses me to see guys who post "willing to pay a fair price" because they get no replies, not even a "sent you a PM"...

Tanner was not conducting himself with any degree of honesty. After working me down on price, but never telling me his full name or his age.
He tells me he wants to buy, just couldn't pay right then.

He said nothing about buying my gear being dependent upon other factors.

Guys have said they've wrecked their truck or had medical expenses, so had to pull out of a buy they committed to; Stuff Happens. You find another buyer.

I got no grudge here, but the events aren't as The Kid sees them. I never named him, he came on here. He is just a model Campfire member who sees getting what he wants at any price as the reason for living; like so many other bums on this board.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You're a bit nutty. You named me in the second post you made on this thread. There are some absolute lies being written. But, whatever makes you feel better, my dignity and good name remain. I don't believe the same can be said for you.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hogan resurrects his whine to add an entirely new layer of whine.

You price yourself too high and people will either not buy from you or will try to get you to lower your price.

You were harmed in no way so why make it seem as though you were put upon?

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And to answer your very first sentence in this epic whine, yes the consensus has changed on you.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This has got to be one of the dumbest threads of all time
If you have something you're willing to sale, name a price.
If someone doesn't want to pay that price, then the discussion should be over at that point.
It's really that simple.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wish logcutter would wrassle Hogan and teach him a lesson. Kinda like back in the old Andre the Giant, Ultimate Warrior, Iron Sheik days...

I won't put up with as much whining as hogan's done on this one thread from my not quite 5 year old.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (12344mag, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 1234, 61 invisible), 18,796 guests, and 1,409 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,855
Posts18,537,573
Members74,050
Most Online20,796
11 minutes ago

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.