Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Divorce chaos

Livin' with dad, doin' what I want

Drinking, smoking, chewing

A chitload of camping and shooting; not as much fishing (I fished almost daily until high school)...

Trucks and motorcycles

And, of course, chasing tail 24/7/365

Had a very chaotic 13-14-15-16. Got in a bad car wreck right before my senior year and it kind of scared me straight... got great grades and only skipped every Friday that year.... whistle

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Long ago and far away.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I started out young meeting important people. Chet Huntley and I became good friends after I burglarized his house when I was in high school. I am forever glad he didn't shoot me. He wrote me this nice note after I got out of jail...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Is that the Chet Huntley of Huntley and Brinkley?

I still can hear them say,"Good night, Chet." "Good night, David."

They were always smoking cigarettes too. You wouldn't see that today.

Good to see that you discovered a criminal career wasn't your life calling.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Work, School, Work

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
School

Working out

Running

School

Working

Running

Working out

Or something like that. wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stray round
Is that the Chet Huntley of Huntley and Brinkley?

I still can hear them say,"Good night, Chet." "Good night, David."

They were always smoking cigarettes too. You wouldn't see that today.

Good to see that you discovered a criminal career wasn't your life calling.

Yup, that Chet Huntley. We weren't really criminals, but everyone else in jail sure was...

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by shrapnel
I started out young meeting important people. Chet Huntley and I became good friends after I burglarized his house when I was in high school. I am forever glad he didn't shoot me. He wrote me this nice note after I got out of jail...

[Linked Image]

Wow. You're a courageous man, and it might be considered a risk by some, but your words above are plenty for me to be dead honest in saying that if you knocked on my door, I'd welcome you in without a second thought or fear. Thanks for sharing that. In some cases--as in my own brother--second chances are capitalized on. Now, they serve perhaps as sobering life lessons learned the hard way, and a testament to what being on the wrong side will lead to. Bravo.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Originally Posted by shrapnel

[Linked Image]

Wow. You're a courageous man, and it might be considered a risk by some, but your words above are plenty for me to be dead honest in saying that if you knocked on my door, I'd welcome you in without a second thought or fear. Thanks for sharing that. In some cases--as in my own brother--second chances are capitalized on. Now, they serve perhaps as sobering life lessons learned the hard way, and a testament to what being on the wrong side will lead to. Bravo.

Of course there is a story attached to the whole affair, but it's late, time for bed. Maybe tomorrow.

Anyhow the latest Shrapnel story should be out in "Rifle" magazine, that should be a good read for now...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Work, school, work, hunting, work, school, camping.
About 17 things changed and I started running round with the wrong crowd, sort of got out of that at 19 then gave it all up completely at 22.

The original international turd
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
girls
Guns
trucks
fire
hunting

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Get up
milk the cows
grab a bite
get on the school bus
do homework on the bus coming home
get off the bus
grab a snack
feed the cows
eat dinner
milk the cows
go to bed

When summer came, all the going to school stuff was replaced by irrigating corn and alfalfa, and also the joy of bucking hay bales.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Football, work, trapping and hunting. Lost a girlfriend to a drunk driver when I was 16. Stayed pretty much to my self for the last two years of high school dealing with the loss. 'Made me a much better football player, as I took out my problems on every opposing player. Man, I hit some of those guys really hard.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Get up
milk the cows
grab a bite
get on the school bus
do homework on the bus coming home
get off the bus
grab a snack
feed the cows
eat dinner
milk the cows
go to bed

When summer came, all the going to school stuff was replaced by irrigating corn and alfalfa, and also the joy of bucking hay bales.

Wow! Did we live in a parallel world or something? That describes those years exactly as I lived them. Did your dad thump you out of bed at four AM too?

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
on the ragged edge

high school athlete moves to Chicago to try his hand at thuggery

lucky dumbazz didn't get killed and somewhere along the way started to back head out of rectum

it's a crying shame when you mistake dumb with tough or lucky for smart

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I forgot to mention work... wow.

Worked at a gas station-truck stop pumping gas and fixing tires and changing oil. We fixed huge tires... things could tear you in half, you let 'em. The owner got a service truck and one of my first truly miserable life experiences was getting the call to take the truck out, finding myself brutally hung over at 5 AM on a Sunday morning lying on a freezing New Mexico highway removing then fixing a split rim semi tire. I got a $20-$30 commission though which was big money back then.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I would, but I can't. Anyone who remembers the 60's didn't live thru them!

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
it's a crying shame when you mistake dumb with tough or lucky for smart

That would make a pretty good signature line, and it doesn't apply only to youth.

My teen years were in the '50s, when we looked forward to adulthood and didn't try to postpone it for a decade or so. Heard a lot about our responsibilities and damned little about our rights, the opposite of the "me" generations that succeeded us. Senior year it all came together, and it was one of the happiest years of my life. Graduated two months after my 17th birthday and was in the service two days later. Had a top secret clearance at age 18. Had taken a couple of oaths by that time and we took them seriously. Like many who served during the Cold War, we stood on the brink, and a few lost their lives. Few who weren't there understand it.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
A time I really wish I could do over again with just half the life knowledge I have now.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
The lean and hungry years. My dad died and I was starving my way through college. Toughest times of my life.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

110 members (260Remguy, 10gaugemag, AB2506, 300_savage, 21 invisible), 17,296 guests, and 1,134 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,997
Posts18,540,254
Members74,053
Most Online21,066
4 hours ago

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.