Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I've never been there.....so I wasn't one of the arrogant smartazzzes. smile

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I think we had an inferiority complex... those big shiny trucks & all...

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
I think we had an inferiority complex... those big shiny trucks & all...

No we just don't have a need to excuse all the phvcked up chit our state produces....nor do we have a blind compulsion to defend and overlook all the faults of a completely phvcked up state just because it's 'texass'.

If the big talkers that call themselves 'texans' actually put their mouth where their puzzie is, the rest of the country might have some respect for them. But instead they travel north and piss off, moan and bitch, and prove what complete and utter douchebags they are.

The dumbphvcks are being over-run by mexicans yet they wanna' complain about the same.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Lol... I'm just teasing. I grew up in NM. We didn't like Texas much.

Hopefully we didn't grow up together. Though, I can't remember a Jeff O. near the TX / NM border that I new.

To those who would put down the whole state of Texas, that is just crazy. It is geographically fairly large with a large variety of cultures, most of which don't fit the stereotype of "I met someone whith a big hat once."

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
No we just don't have a need to excuse all the phvcked up chit our state produces....nor do we have a blind compulsion to defend and overlook all the faults of a completely phvcked up state just because it's 'texass'.

If the big talkers that call themselves 'texans' actually put their mouth where their puzzie is, the rest of the country might have some respect for them. But instead they travel north and piss off, moan and bitch, and prove what complete and utter douchebags they are.

The dumbphvcks are being over-run by mexicans yet they wanna' complain about the same.

Cool story bro! Tell it again.

IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by RyanTX
Hey Doc, don't know if Lubbock is too far out for your way to come for a match, but there's a CAS club at our private range that has shoots on the 4th Saturday of the month. I haven't shot it yet, but they were a very welcoming and friendly group. If you want to come check it out sometime, shoot me a PM and I'll give you the details.

Ryan

Thanks, Ryan, I just might take y'all up on that come fall. I have plans to come up that way for some duck hunting and a cowboy match on the weekend might be just the ticket.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Sorry to hear, DR. I've been there too. Not the actual place, but standing in your shoes, wiping the remnants of a shyt on rye sandwich from my lip, with little legal recourse, and choking on your rage because you're smart enough to have *not* done what you wanted to. The deserved response and one accepted once upon a time when honor meant something, you wanted it so bad you could...Well, you know. I get sour just hearing of people getting beat by vermin.

Have a brew, and put your feet up, sir. Tomorrow's another day. Come take it out on ducks this year.

H.L. Mencken had a way with the word...

'Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats...'

Leighton, I don't know how I missed reading your excellent post this morning. Thank you.

Mr. Mencken did indeed have a way with words.

grin

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Texas is Southerners playing dress-up.

No chit!

Only met one texan that was worth a chit...the rest are douchebags with fancy/gay boots a loud mouth and big stupid hats.

Well you sure don't have anything to brag about considering where you hail from! There's more liberals/Democrats AH up where you are than in all of Texas combined!! sleep crazy

Even birds know not to land downwind!
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I was only in Midland for three months ,but was treated well especially by shooters and club officials. I joined the club in Midland and shot at a commecial range over near Odessa. The club in Midland has a strong benchrest rifle tradition and has held some of the greatest bench rest matches in history. Maybe you just caught a bad match officer or a good officer on a bad day. Don't judge a region or an entire state from one match experience. By the way, to the New Mexican who said smething snide about Hobbs; I had a great experience at a highpower rifle sihlouette match there once.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Why?

NRA Benefactor
Lifetime-Texas State Rifle Assoc.
Lifetime-American Motorcycle Assoc.
Aircraft Owners and Pilots Assoc.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
El Paso is the armpit of Texas, and Texas in general is all hat, no cowboy.

whistle

And El Paso is about 250 miles from where Doc is talking about, if you'd check a map...

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Girls like jg prove my point.

They're clueless in their little world "thinking"....texass is not the center of the universe. It may very well be the [bleep] of the the universe as proved by her and others, but it ain't the center.

BTW...I am for real 'real'.....

I recall driving on Hwy 1, south of LA, past a lovely subdivison overlooking the Pacific ocean, with some Mission-style homes that were probably $1M+. In the middle of this quintessential California scene is a big honking Texas flag flying over one guy's house. Fairly sure there aren't any California state flags, flying anywhere in Texas grin

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JGRaider
We didn't like Texas much.

Nobody does other than other texans...

False pride is [bleep] hilarious.

Is this guy for real??????

Hey, I like Texas and have several folks I call friends that live there. Even if the ONLY speeding ticket I ever got was in Midland!

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Wow, this thread went some interesting places.

Doc, that really sucks. I know the club and exactly who you were dealing with. To say she is rude would be an understatement. Crazy would be a better word.

Midland is a great place, sorry that you met one of the few that aren't friendly and accomodating.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Girls like jg prove my point.

They're clueless in their little world "thinking"....texass is not the center of the universe. It may very well be the [bleep] of the the universe as proved by her and others, but it ain't the center.

BTW...I am for real 'real'.....

I recall driving on Hwy 1, south of LA, past a lovely subdivison overlooking the Pacific ocean, with some Mission-style homes that were probably $1M+. In the middle of this quintessential California scene is a big honking Texas flag flying over one guy's house. Fairly sure there aren't any California state flags, flying anywhere in Texas grin

Pretty sure it won't be painted Obama blue on an electoral map either. cool

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hey Doc, wuz ya drivin' the Suburu with the rainbow bumper sticker?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Aces&8s would make "real" good TARGET material.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Doc,

With all the places in Texas...

Why Midland?

Snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by temmi
Doc,

With all the places in Texas...

Why Midland?

Snake

Maybe it's the great economy, slow paced, low cost of living, lots of open spaces, no big cities.... I don't know.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Hey Doc, wuz ya drivin' the Suburu with the rainbow bumper sticker?

Smartazz!

No, that Subaru moved back to Wisconsin with my stepson a few months ago. We was drivin' my wife's pretty red Chrysler 300 with the rhinestone license-plate frames and the longhorn hood ornament. You'd of thought the old b!tch would've recognized somebody with a bit of disposable income on his hands... oh, well.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (160user, 1234, 1minute, 1eyedmule, 10ring1, 1badf350, 52 invisible), 2,269 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,413
Posts18,507,144
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.