get your:
wife
son
best friend
GF
BF

to fill out the 4473 for you!

...and then post THAT on the internet.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Just like SSS'n wolves, most dudes have a problem with the third.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There is a mechanic from this area sitting in a federal pen, as I type this, because his wife posted a pic on facebook of them out hunting and he was holding a firearm.

Have Dog

Will Travel

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Uh huh.

I absolutely agree that a Misdemeanor conviction should never preclude a man or woman from owning a firearm.

I also have a bit of trouble with the wide and encompassing domestice violence laws that are currently on the books.

It ain't all that hard to find yourself in court over a domestic violence charge these days. If you happen to find yourself convicted of said misdemeanor, you will suffer felonious repercussions.

One other item that interests me is the question on the 4473 that asks if you have ever been adjudicated mentally defective.

Recently, I had a man come in the shop to buy a handgun, and he asked if he could do so, because he was receiving a Military Disability for some kind of Mental Issue.

I have no idea.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
One other item that interests me is the question on the 4473 that asks if you have ever been adjudicated mentally defective.

Recently, I had a man come in the shop to buy a handgun, and he asked if he could do so, because he was receiving a Military Disability for some kind of Mental Issue.

I have no idea.

"Adjudicated" as per your question means committed to mental care by a Magistrate for reasons other than "observation" or diagnosis. In other words, imprisoned as a nut. (As interpreted by the US Attorney's office.)

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The key word there is "adjudicated," and there is no way to tell that based upon what he said. It usually means a contested procedure, but I have no clue whether administrative proceedings (if there were any) dealing with disability could constitute adjudication.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
I absolutely agree that a Misdemeanor conviction should never preclude a man or woman from owning a firearm.

I also have a bit of trouble with the wide and encompassing domestice violence laws that are currently on the books.

Check out the city of Lincoln Ne statutes on weapons. eek

Hey Pat, the police in Lincoln are exempt from the city's regulations.

http://lincoln.ne.gov/city/attorn/lmc/ti09/ch936.pdf

9.36.100 Unlawful Possession of Firearms.
(a) It shall be unlawful for any person to possess any firearm within the corporate limits or
on any property of the City of Lincoln outside the corporate limits when that person has been
convicted of any one of the following offenses within the last ten years: Stalking in violation of
Neb. Rev. Stat. � 28-311.03 or any other comparable or similar state statute from another state;
Violation of a protection order as set forth in Neb. Rev. Stat. � 42-924 or Violation of a foreign
protection order as set forth in Neb. Rev. Stat. � 42-931; False imprisonment in the second degree
in violation of Neb. Rev. Stat. � 28-315; Sexual assault in the third degree in violation of Neb. Rev.
Stat. � 28-320; Impersonating a peace officer in violation of Neb. Rev. Stat. � 28-610; or,
Impersonating police officer in violation of Lincoln Municipal Code � 9.08.060; Debauching a
Minor in violation of Neb. Rev. Stat. � 28-805; Obstructing government operations in violation of
Neb. Rev. Stat. � 28-901; Resisting arrest in violation of Neb. Rev. Stat. � 28-904; Resisting officer
in violation of Lincoln Municipal Code � 9.08.030; Obstructing a peace officer in violation of Neb.
Rev. Stat. � 28-906; Interfering with an officer making an arrest in violation of Lincoln Municipal
Code � 9.08.020; Carrying concealed weapon in violation of Neb. Rev. Stat. � 28-1202; Criminal
child enticement in violation of Neb. Rev. Stat. � 28-311; Implements for escape in violation of Neb.
Rev. Stat. � 28-913; Unlawful possession of explosives, second degree in violation of Neb. Rev. Stat.
� 28-1216; Use of explosives without a permit in violation of Neb. Rev. Stat. � 28-1218; Concealing
the death of another person in violation of Neb. Rev. Stat. � 28-1302; Minors not to be furnished
with firearms, ammunition, or weapons in violation of Lincoln Municipal Code � 9.36.020;
Discharge of firearms unlawful in violation of Lincoln Municipal Code � 9.36.010; Assault in the
third degree in violation of Neb. Rev. Stat. � 28-310; Assault and battery, menacing threats in
violation of Lincoln Municipal Code �9.12.010; Unlawful intrusion in violation of Neb. Rev. Stat.
� 28-311.08; Violation of custody in violation of Neb. Rev. Stat. � 28-316; Domestic assault in
violation of Neb. Rev. Stat. � 28-323; Criminal trespass in the first degree in violation of Neb. Rev.
Stat. � 28-520; Contributing to the delinquency of a child in violation of Neb. Rev. Stat. � 28-709;
Public indecency in violation of Neb. Rev. Stat. � 28-806; Public indecency or indecent exposure
in violation of Lincoln Municipal Code � 9.16.180; Operating a motor vehicle or vessel to avoid
arrest in violation of Neb. Rev. Stat. � 28-905; Fleeing in a vehicle to avoid arrest in violation of
Lincoln Municipal Code � 10.14.280; any violation of the Uniform Controlled Substances Act as
set forth in Neb. Rev. Stat. �� 28-401 to 28-456.01; Toxic compounds, unlawful use in violation of
Lincoln Municipal Code �9.16.110; Criminal attempt in violation of Neb. Rev. Stat. � 28-201 for
any of the state crimes set forth in this subsection (a).

(b) It shall be unlawful for any person to possess any firearm within the corporate limits or
on any property of the City of Lincoln outside the corporate limits when that person has been
convicted of two or more of the following offenses within the last ten years: Driving under the
influence of alcoholic liquor or drugs in violation of Neb. Rev. Stat. � 60-6,196; Driving under the
influence of alcoholic liquor or drugs in violation of Lincoln Municipal Code � 10.16.030; Implied
consent to submit to chemical test, refusal in violation of Neb. Rev. Stat. � 60-6-197; Chemical test,
refusal in violation of Lincoln Municipal Code �10.16.040; or any conviction under a law of another
state or municipality if at the time of the conviction under said law the offence for which the person
was convicted would have been a violation of Neb. Rev. Stat. �� 60-6,196 or 60-6,197.

(c) The provisions of this section shall not apply to (1) the issuance of firearms or the
possession by members of the Armed Forces of the United States, active or reserve, the National
Guard of this state, or Reserve Officers Training Corps, when on duty or training; or (2) a peace
officer
as defined by Neb. Rev. Stat. � 28-109(14). (Ord. 19060 �1; March 24, 2008: prior Ord.
18793 �1; August 21, 2006: Ord. 18158 �1; April 7, 2003).

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No State can exempt anybody from Federal laws. What they are talking about is an exemption concerning the State laws of carrying a weapon.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I have a friend who had the same problem. He got a lawyer, and had the governor grant a pardon to expunge his records. It can be done, but good luck if you have a Democratic governor.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by ltppowell

I have no idea.

"Adjudicated" as per your question means committed to mental care by a Magistrate for reasons other than "observation" or diagnosis. In other words, imprisoned as a nut. (As interpreted by the US Attorney's office.)

It would seem then, that a Doctor granting some kind of prognosis would not rise to the level of "adjudication". That does make sense.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by wageslave
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Snotwad
Moral of the story: Do not get married, do not have children, never, but never have an intimate or dating relationship with anyone. When you get horney, use a prostitute, your not paying for the sex, your paying for them to leave afterward.

Just joshing, turn off the flamethrowers.

Big + 1 and I am not "joshing".

Trvis

Word.

P.S. did you change your name? grin

Sometimes I slur my words when I type as well.

Thanks for noticing and GFY.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

Sometimes I slur my words when I type as well.

Thanks for noticing and GFY.

Travis

At 8 am on a Weds.? Awesome. Big head start for Weds. nite for you.
P.S. I'll catch up. grin

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Got a friend in from Chicago. The force is strong with this one. Could be an interesting Wednesday. I'm think The Palace and the Eagles.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Uh-oh. Me thinks you sound like you got the game face on.
Schit is about to hit the fan in town.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
How can you find out if your conviction included domestic violence?

Does domestic violence have to be spelled out and a part of the judge's decision, in writing?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yep, looks as though you are hosed.

Read through this page though to make sure:

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/misdemeanor-domestic-violence.html

Couple possible avenues:

1) Get hold of Alan Gura (of Heller fame) and see if he wants to take this up, there's a couple of other similar cases that have been heard but he didn't argue them. If your domestic violence conviction included either using or threatening with a weapon I doubt he'd touch it.

2) Get hold of your congressional guys and ask for an amendment to the law which puts a timeline on the ban in cases of domestic violence convictions not involving a weapon.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Lt - you are welcome sir - Texas is the finest colony us Tennesseans ever started! smile

Take a kid hunting!!! Old member name - Reloader - joined 2001
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Talked in real time with my attorney yesterday. Gov Scott Walker Rep has closed down the pardon department for now in WI. Also one of the few laws that goes retro active for past convictions.

Thanks,
Bob
Too many calibers and not enough time for the working man to hunt with them all.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
get a different attorney.
stop posting about it.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Loco, the attorney was recommended by the NRA.

Thanks,
Bob
Too many calibers and not enough time for the working man to hunt with them all.
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (10gaugeman, 2500HD, 1936M71, 1minute, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 66 invisible), 2,445 guests, and 1,331 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,686
Posts18,494,019
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.